The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mississippi Governor to run for President 2012?

Banned

Default Mississippi Governor to run for President 2012?

Haley Barbour says the poorKu Klux Klan is a just a misunderstood group of good old boys who got together from time to to time to do good things for the community.

http://www.capitolhillblue.com/node/37225

Another Republican in line to run for the President of the United States in 2012??????????http://www.newsweek.com/2010/01/01/the-anti-obama.html

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post
    Haley Barbour says the poorKu Klux Klan is a just a misunderstood group of good old boys who got together from time to to time to do good things for the community.

http://www.capitolhillblue.com/node/37225

Another Republican in line to run for the President of the United States in 2012??????????http://www.newsweek.com/2010/01/01/the-anti-obama.html

the "quote" you attribute to Haley Barbour is actually that of the author of the article and his interpretation...

playing fast and loose with the facts/quotes again ???

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Politic...esidential-run

Governor Barbour discussed the Citizens Council as well as the Ku Klux Klan in an interview for The Weekly Standard magazine. "You heard of the Citizens Councils?" Barbour said in the interview. "Up north they think it was like the KKK. Where I come from it was an organization of town leaders. In Yazoo City they passed a resolution that said anybody who started a chapter of the Klan would get their ass run out of town.
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

wasn't the only member of congress in recent memory that actually had been a member of the ku klux klan from the racist democrat party? (robert byrd)

So if it is as the left wing says, they should welcome him with open arms. If it is not, the left can continue to hate him for no apparent reason.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Byrd
    subroc

Article [I.]
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    Article [II.]
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

It's hard to believe the Republican party would support such a man for President . . . . well, maybe not. Is there any wonder so few minorities support and identify with that party?

I wonder why minorities accepted byrd?
    subroc

Article [I.]
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    Article [II.]
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by subroc View Post
    I wonder why minorities accepted byrd?
    Some did, and some didnít. But, at least Byrd publically admitted he was wrong, and did apologize for his past involvement with the KKK and his stance on segregation. You can decide for yourself if it was sincere and if he had really changed. I do believe people are capable of change. However, I would have had a hard time accepting him.

In contrast, Barbour is not apologetic for his support of the White Citizens Council. Nor, does he apologize for his blatant misrepresentation of what they were about and the things they did. He can be added to the list of other unrepentant Republicans that have espoused racist views. Yet, the Republican Party does little or nothing to distance themselves from these people. That is why most minorities donít identify with them or support them. It may not seem important to you if it is not directed at you, but when it is, trust me, it is very important.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackstone View Post
    Some did, and some didn’t. But, at least Byrd publically admitted he was wrong, and did apologize for his past involvement with the KKK and his stance on segregation. You can decide for yourself if it was sincere and if he had really changed. I do believe people are capable of change. However, I would have had a hard time accepting him.

In contrast, Barbour is not apologetic for his support of the White Citizens Council. Nor, does he apologize for his blatant misrepresentation of what they were about and the things they did. He can be added to the list of other unrepentant Republicans that have espoused racist views. Yet, the Republican Party does little or nothing to distance themselves from these people. That is why most minorities don’t identify with them or support them. It may not seem important to you if it is not directed at you, but when it is, trust me, it is very important.
    Yea and....In contrast, The Obama Administration is not apologetic for the actions of the NEW BLACK PANTHER PARTY. Nor, does he apologize for thier blatant misrepresentation of what they are about and the things they do. He can be added to the list of other unrepentant Democrats tha thave espoused racist views. Yet, the Democratic party does little or nothing to distance themselves from these people......It may not seem important to you if it is not directed at you, but when it is, turst me, it is very important.

GOOOOOOOO TEAMMMMMMM Equality!!!!

NCA

Quote Originally Posted by Blackstone View Post
    It's hard to believe the Republican party would support such a man for President . . . . well, maybe not. Is there any wonder so few minorities support and identify with that party?
    with all due respect Blackstone,don't assume that all the party supports Barbour, his views, and also there are other minorities like myself that identify themselves as conservatives and we don't tolerate racism of any kind...Racism is not a republican or democrat problem, its a societal problem and should not be tolerated by anyone
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by Nor_Cal_Angler View Post
    Yea and....In contrast, The Obama Administration is not apologetic for the actions of the NEW BLACK PANTHER PARTY. Nor, does he apologize for thier blatant misrepresentation of what they are about and the things they do. He can be added to the list of other unrepentant Democrats tha thave espoused racist views. Yet, the Democratic party does little or nothing to distance themselves from these people......It may not seem important to you if it is not directed at you, but when it is, turst me, it is very important.

GOOOOOOOO TEAMMMMMMM Equality!!!!

NCA
    Why would the Obama Administration apologize for the actions of the New Black Panther Party? Are they apart of his administration? Have they even identified themselves as Democrats? I must have missed that. And, since you mentioned it, how did they blatantly misrepresent what they were about? It seems to me, they have been pretty clear what their agenda is.

Now, on to the Democrats that have espoused racist views. While I have no doubt there are Democrats that are racists, please point out the ones espousing racist view points, and what they said or did. Then we can have a discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    with all due respect Blackstone,don't assume that all the party supports Barbour, his views, and also there are other minorities like myself that identify themselves as conservatives and we don't tolerate racism of any kind...Racism is not a republican or democrat problem, its a societal problem and should not be tolerated by anyone
    I make no such assumption. However, it seems the party as a whole tends to turn a blind eye to those that make such comments, and does not make them unwelcome within its ranks. I agree that racism is not exclusive to either party, and should not be tolerated. But, that is just the point, they have been tolerating it. As a result, those with racist views tend to gravitate to the Republican Party.