The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Mississippi Governor to run for President 2012?

Blackstone

I expect you are willing to dismiss any perceived racism that comes from white democrats and highlight any perceived racism that comes form republicans because you are a democrat. There are so many examples of democrats making similar racist comments and they are rarely if ever challenged or sanctioned for them. a simple internet search will give you all you need.

Nowhere is there any stated position on any republican platform that expouses racist view.

I expect you are drawn to the democrat party because they allow you to draw the race card unchallenged.
    subroc

Article [I.]
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    Article [II.]
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by subroc View Post
    Blackstone

I expect you are willing to dismiss any perceived racism that comes from white democrats and highlight any perceived racism that comes form republicans because you are a democrat. There are so many examples of democrats making similar racist comments and they are rarely if ever challenged or sanctioned for them. a simple internet search will give you all you need.

Nowhere is there any stated position on any republican platform that expouses racist view.

I expect you are drawn to the democrat party because they allow you to draw the race card unchallenged.

I didn't hear Blackstone dismiss any such racism. He explicitly stated that both parties have been guilty and its wrong.

Nor did I see any race card being played, until just now. (the accusation of it being played)

I think its ironic that we are rehashing racial discrimination in gov't, at a time when we've just ended the systematic discrimination against gays. And many still don't see the similarities.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

well, Dave

feel free to read both posts, his and mine. he found it acceptable to unilaterally paint the republican party as racist. I found it acceptable to paint the democrats as race baiters. either premice is true, false or somewhere in the middle. I expect the democrats are race baiters and circle the wagons for their own and find that they get mileage out of painting the republican party as the racist party.
    subroc

Article [I.]
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    Article [II.]
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Blackstone

I expect you are willing to dismiss any perceived racism that comes from white democrats and highlight any perceived racism that comes form republicans because you are a democrat.
    You would expect wrong. I don’t dismiss racism when it comes from anyone, Democrat, Republican, black, white or any ethnicity. I have been on this board a while, and never have I aligned myself with, or endorsed either the Democratic or Republican parties. I don’t consider myself a Democrat, Republican, conservative or liberal. I don’t believe in blindly following the party line of any group. I try to vote for the person that I think will best serve my interests while in office.

There are so many examples of democrats making similar racist comments and they are rarely if ever challenged or sanctioned for them. a simple internet search will give you all you need.
    So, are you saying that because some Democrats have made racist comments it somehow justifies some Republicans making them? That’s sort of silly. I’m not interested in playing tit for tat. Also, there is a difference between making a comment, and coming out in support of a group with a racist agenda. If any high ranking Democrat had come out in support of the New Black Panther party, they would have been crucified by the Republicans and by the media, and you know it. Barbour came out in support of an organization that he knows did far more to intimidate voters and oppress minorities than the New Black Party could have ever hoped to accomplish. Yet, this is a man that the Republicans can support running for President?

I never said the Republican Party supported a racist platform. My comment is they fail to distance themselves from those that do support a racist platform. When David Duke tried to run for President, the Republican Party immediately disavowed any support of him, and went to great lengths to distance themselves from him. That is how it should be. However, that is no longer the case. They have allowed the likes of Pat Buchanan, Rusty DePass, Audra Shay, Rush Limbaugh & Glen Beck to align themselves with the Republican Party without so much as a word.

Also, please explain to me how I played the “race card.” I guess it’s okay to support racism, it’s just not okay to point it out.

well, Dave

feel free to read both posts, his and mine. he found it acceptable to unilaterally paint the republican party as racist. I found it acceptable to paint the democrats as race baiters. either premice is true, false or somewhere in the middle. I expect the democrats are race baiters and circle the wagons for their own and find that they get mileage out of painting the republican party as the racist party.
    You should re-read my posts because I did no such thing. I think you’re kind of prone to exaggeration. I said the Republican Party turns a blind eye to racists that align themselves with the party. That was it. That is not the same as “unilaterally” painting the Republican Party as racist.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackstone View Post
    ...So, are you saying that because some Democrats have made racist comments it somehow justifies some Republicans making them? That’s sort of silly...
    No, what I am saying in a nut shell is when democrats make racist comments or perceived racist comments they are not sanctioned in any manner by the left, the media, the NAACP, the congressional black caucus. I am also saying that any utterance that pertains to blacks by a conservative, or republican or even a tea party member is sanctioned, meanings are distorted in an attempt to paint republicans and conservatives as racist.
    subroc

Article [I.]
    Article [II.]

Blackstone

No, what I am saying in a nut shell is when democrats make racist comments or perceived racist comments they are not sanctioned in any manner by the left, the media, the NAACP, the congressional black caucus. I am also saying that any utterance that pertains to blacks by a conservative, or republican or even a tea party member is sanctioned, meanings are distorted in an attempt to paint republicans and conservatives as racist.
    BINGO BINGO...and that was my point as well Blackstone...

You seemed to miss that, I didnt expect you to link it because as you point out correctly there is NO "DIRECT" link between the two....

but as you so willingly point out that REPUBLICANS DO NOT DISTANCE themselve from "hot button topics"

NEITHER WILL THE DEMOCRAT"S OR OBAMA....in fact I think he loves it and plays it well....

By doing nothing about it, says just as much to me as supporting it.....

NEW BLACK PANTHERS....and that OHHH SO STUPID COP IN CT....just HARRASSING THE BLACK MAN.

its the new sheik thing....point out the white man....and disguise the rampant racisim with-in minorities.

Look, I am not going to sugar coat anything, if you were to meet me you would know I dont have a racisit bone in me, but I will not play the PC game. So to "read" my words is different than to see me and how I would engage the conversation....I dont want you to READ what I am saying above and think of me as a racisit but the truth is what it is and I see MORE reverse racisism than I do what would be called traditional racisim 10 fold. Maybe it is becasue I live in the BAY AREA of CALIFORNIA and miniorities feel comfortable to "LASH OUT" with their words, actions, and behiviors in general because they will be given a pass...maybe its different down south still...

but when I see our PRESIDENT and ATTY GENERAL, not only doing nothing about people praticing racisim but in an underlying tone praising it (by taking sides) it hurts my confidence in the administration that ANYONE WILL GET A FAIR SHAKE.

So to take just as I have, a single event or person, and PAINT either side is just not accurate...you are trying to paint the republicans out to be a party welcoming and harboring racisim....Subroc and I just dont see it that way.

NCA

Quote Originally Posted by Blackstone View Post
    It's hard to believe the Republican party would support such a man for President . . . . well, maybe not. Is there any wonder so few minorities support and identify with that party?
    Blackstone - He may run, he may not, he's probably a candidate that is qualified to hold the position of POTUS, unlike the present occupant. Whether he weathers the battle only time will tell. You know he's a viable candidate when the press is all over him like a dirty shirt for his remark.

It's a sign of being grown up to let meaningless remarks pass without making a huge issue of them. Consider the source, the worst bigots I have known also had another less than redeeming quality, they were ignorant . I don't associate with people like that, as most who generally vote R also do not. If he shows in the runup to nomination to be less than fair & forthright, he'll be toast!

I quoted Subroc's post as that is the general perception among those who vote for the best candidate regardless of party. As long as the most quoted from your minority are Sharpton, Jackson, Waters, etc. rather than Cosby, Condi & Sowell your side has no credibility.

It was OK when BHO dumped charter schools in DC? Are you familiar with Dunbar HS in DC, many of the quality black leaders of today attended Dunbar, it was then a quality school which it is not today. Ever wonder why? I believe one of the major problems facing your side is the lack of attention they give to their youth. Too many young men are being allowed to go through life without the tools to earn an honest living, are you OK with that? Too many young females are pregnant when they should be acting like teenagers & being allowed to grow up before they are asked to take the responsibilities of adulthood. Work on issues you can control.

Somehow, I don't see you as voting for any party other than D based on your above quote & your later attempted defense of same . But that's OK, I just vote differently, I vote for the person who I believe will move this country forward as fairly as possible. I had my opportunity, I want to make sure others enjoy the same!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

I don't see how the statements that HB made in the context that he made them are racist. If they had been made by anyone other than a white conservative from Mississippi then noone would have thought twice about them. Its always assumed that a white man from the south is racist. HB represents the new south republicans that are all about politics and not race.

HB was referring to racial violence in his town. Many towns in Mississippi wanted the KKK out of their communities because it was an embarassment and also bad for business. In Meridian it wasn't the feds or the national media that ran out the KKK in the 60's. It was the local business leaders. The KKK was not only intimidating blacks, but also Jewish and Catholic members of the community.

The only question about HB in this mess is his judgement. As long as he has been involved in politics he knows to never ever make any comments about civil rights history or race being a white southerner. Those comments will be snipped out of context and will be sound bites in a political ad in the future.

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by B3 View Post
    I don't see how the statements that HB made in the context that he made them are racist. If they had been made by anyone other than a white conservative from Mississippi then noone would have thought twice about them. Its always assumed that a white man from the south is racist. HB represents the new south republicans that are all about politics and not race.

HB was referring to racial violence in his town. Many towns in Mississippi wanted the KKK out of their communities because it was an embarassment and also bad for business. In Meridian it wasn't the feds or the national media that ran out the KKK in the 60's. It was the local business leaders. The KKK was not only intimidating blacks, but also Jewish and Catholic members of the community.

The only question about HB in this mess is his judgement. As long as he has been involved in politics he knows to never ever make any comments about civil rights history or race being a white southerner. Those comments will be snipped out of context and will be sound bites in a political ad in the future.

Bill
    I'm more concerned with his strong lobbyist ties. He represented everything that many of us have said is wrong with gov't today.

I fear he is just a 300# version of Tom DeLay.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!