The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Mississippi Governor to run for President 2012?

Quote Originally Posted by walt8@cox.net View Post
    With all due respect, isn't the bold type above the very thing wrong with most thinking today. What are you going to do for me. Never mind what's right for the country.
    Glad you choose the best man for the job though, maybe some of what's good for you will be good for me.
    Walt
    Walt,

Perhaps my meaning came across wrong. In general, what's in the country's best interest is in my best interest as well. If the economy is good, I have a job and make money, if not, I suffer. If they raise taxes, I pay more, so I suffer. If jobs go overseas, I risk losing mine. So, rather than vote some party line, I try to vote for whose going to do me the most good.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Blackstone View Post
    Walt,

Perhaps my meaning came across wrong. In general, what's in the country's best interest is in my best interest as well. If the economy is good, I have a job and make money, if not, I suffer. If they raise taxes, I pay more, so I suffer. If jobs go overseas, I risk losing mine. So, rather than vote some party line, I try to vote for whose going to do me the most good.
    Well, if the Republicans run a middle of the road moderate like Haley Barbour, anything can happen in 2012...

Quote Originally Posted by depittydawg View Post
    Well, if the Republicans run a middle of the road moderate like Haley Barbour, anything can happen in 2012...
    HB is NOT a moderate republican
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by Nor_Cal_Angler View Post
    BINGO BINGO...and that was my point as well Blackstone...

You seemed to miss that, I didnt expect you to link it because as you point out correctly there is NO "DIRECT" link between the two....

but as you so willingly point out that REPUBLICANS DO NOT DISTANCE themselve from "hot button topics"

NEITHER WILL THE DEMOCRAT"S OR OBAMA....in fact I think he loves it and plays it well....

By doing nothing about it, says just as much to me as supporting it.....

NEW BLACK PANTHERS....and that OHHH SO STUPID COP IN CT....just HARRASSING THE BLACK MAN.

its the new sheik thing....point out the white man....and disguise the rampant racisim with-in minorities.

Look, I am not going to sugar coat anything, if you were to meet me you would know I dont have a racisit bone in me, but I will not play the PC game. So to "read" my words is different than to see me and how I would engage the conversation....I dont want you to READ what I am saying above and think of me as a racisit but the truth is what it is and I see MORE reverse racisism than I do what would be called traditional racisim 10 fold. Maybe it is becasue I live in the BAY AREA of CALIFORNIA and miniorities feel comfortable to "LASH OUT" with their words, actions, and behiviors in general because they will be given a pass...maybe its different down south still...

but when I see our PRESIDENT and ATTY GENERAL, not only doing nothing about people praticing racisim but in an underlying tone praising it (by taking sides) it hurts my confidence in the administration that ANYONE WILL GET A FAIR SHAKE.

So to take just as I have, a single event or person, and PAINT either side is just not accurate...you are trying to paint the republicans out to be a party welcoming and harboring racisim....Subroc and I just dont see it that way.

NCA
    You still donít understand. This should not be about playing tit for tat. One doing something wrong does not justify it being done by the other side.

I donít know what it is like in the Bay area, but whichever side racism is coming from, itís still wrong. But, I can tell you, racism is still alive and well in much of this country. If youíre not seeing it, you need to get out more. You donít have to go down south to find it. In fact, in recent years, I have experienced less of it in the south than in other parts of the country.

I still donít know what you perceive as Obamaís connection to the New Black Panther Party. He doesnít need to apologize for them, or distance himself from them any more than any past president needed to distance themselves from the KKK, skin heads or neo-nazis. What did they do about those groups? Were you concerned about who was getting a fair shake then?

If this was a single person or single event, there would be no issue, but itís not. Iím not trying to paint the entire party as racist. However, can you honestly there isnít a racist element that has aligned itself with the Republican Party, and can you honestly say the Republican Party has tried to push these people away?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    HB is NOT a moderate republican
    That was a joke my friend. Sarcasm...

The thing I have found most interesting about this discussing is that only one Republican (and, I’m making that assumption), BonMallari, seemed to find anything wrong with Barbour’s comments and support of the White Citizens Council. Everyone else immediately began to point fingers at the Democrats, left wing media, NAACP, Obama Administration, etc. trying to show they were just as bad. I even offered up a few others with racist stances that have attached themselves to the Republican band wagon. Once again, no one seemed to find their racist views abhorrent and think they should not be tolerated. No one thought the Republicans should distance themselves from these people. This is what I was talking about, these views seem to be ignored, if not tolerated, by the Republican Party. So, given the connection of these people to the Republican Party, do you think most minorities would feel comfortable affiliating themselves with the Republican Party? I go back to my original comment, “Is there any wonder so few minorities support and identify with that party?”

Well, on that issue, I doubt that HB is a racist much as I doubt that there are 57 states.
    subroc

Article [I.]
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    Article [II.]
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by walt8@cox.net View Post
    I jumped on calling someone a racist a few months back, turned out I was wrong. Mislead or not, I won't do it again. It's gotten so that you can't believe a thing you see or hear.
    If it came right down to it, I doubt there are many people on this forum that wouldn't give the shirt off his back to anyone, of any race, that needed it.
    Merry Christmas, to you, and not just if you're a Christian.
    Walt
    Thanks, Walt. Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by subroc View Post
    Well, on that issue, I doubt that HB is a racist much as I doubt that there are 57 states.
    Or that North Korea is our ally or tax cuts increase taxes.
    Last edited by Roger Perry; 12-25-2010 at 12:26 PM.

You still donít understand. This should not be about playing tit for tat. One doing something wrong does not justify it being done by the other side.

I donít know what it is like in the Bay area, but whichever side racism is coming from, itís still wrong. But, I can tell you, racism is still alive and well in much of this country. If youíre not seeing it, you need to get out more. You donít have to go down south to find it. In fact, in recent years, I have experienced less of it in the south than in other parts of the country.
    If you look for something hard enough I'm sure you will find it with your brand of seeing things as they are not. Around 150 years ago many young people sacrificed their lives as they felt slavery was wrong. Yet you don't believe that in itself was enough. What was done since by your "Friends, the D's" has set this nation back, immensely.

Look at it this way - XXX, the businessman needs a new employee with some skills, so he advertises. 3 applicants end up being fairly equal, who will XXX hire? Oh I forgot to add - 1 applicant is a minority male, 1 is a female & 1 is a Caucasian. Based on the fact that the business could be involved in potentially expensive, both in time & money, litigation if some of the potential hires felt they weren't getting their due, Who is the sensible hire? You've answered the question by your posts on this thread .

I would note that I have seen many talented minorities & have done my best to promote their skills if they had those skills. Many are not given the chance to participate in the give & take of the private sector even if they desired. The baggage they bring by government edict is not worth the potential trouble.

I still donít know what you perceive as Obamaís connection to the New Black Panther Party. He doesnít need to apologize for them, or distance himself from them any more than any past president needed to distance themselves from the KKK, skin heads or neo-nazis. What did they do about those groups? Were you concerned about who was getting a fair shake then?

If this was a single person or single event, there would be no issue, but itís not. Iím not trying to paint the entire party as racist. However, can you honestly there isnít a racist element that has aligned itself with the Republican Party, and can you honestly say the Republican Party has tried to push these people away?
    You need to talk to Michael Steele about that . The party of R's is who we elect from the people willing to participate in the process. More often than not even our candidates are seriously lacking so we look at things in a broad context & pick the one who will cause the least mischief, hopefully.

As for your reference to to SH's & NN's, they had little appeal & were bankrupted in the courts. But most people in charge in the south when the KKK was active were D's & they were admitted members, apologies not accepted as they were willing participants.

The thing I have found most interesting about this discussing is that only one Republican (and, Iím making that assumption), BonMallari, seemed to find anything wrong with Barbourís comments and support of the White Citizens Council. Everyone else immediately began to point fingers at the Democrats, left wing media, NAACP, Obama Administration, etc. trying to show they were just as bad. I even offered up a few others with racist stances that have attached themselves to the Republican band wagon. Once again, no one seemed to find their racist views abhorrent and think they should not be tolerated. No one thought the Republicans should distance themselves from these people. This is what I was talking about, these views seem to be ignored, if not tolerated, by the Republican Party. So, given the connection of these people to the Republican Party, do you think most minorities would feel comfortable affiliating themselves with the Republican Party? I go back to my original comment, ďIs there any wonder so few minorities support and identify with that party?Ē
    No, they were showing you what those you defend look like in a sensible person's eyes. We are not responsible for anyone unless we choose to support them financially, which is why in most cases, their strongest appeal is to the fringe. But you fail to recognize that because you don't want to. I for one, rarely listen to TV or radio, but I do read a lot & attempt to reason things, for better or for worse, in my own way.

But Blackstone, you post a blanket indictment of those who chose to post on this thread as you felt no one was sufficiently contrite to your perceived slight. I would venture that all of us have had experiences in life that were less than perfect, but we benefitted by those experiences & continued forward. You might consider manning up & being responsible for yourself without looking for someone to blame, it will change your perspective.

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!