The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Crude Oil Over $90 per Barrel

Quote Originally Posted by zeus3925 View Post
    in 1965 the official pump price was 35 cents a gallon. Incomes have gone up 10x since then. $3.50/gallon would be the equivalent price now.
    trying to tie the inflation rate to the cost of energy is not realistic. after 45 years have we gained any efficiencies in drilling? any synergies at all? the reason the price is climbing is political not based on inflation. it is OK if you lie to yourself, but no need to lie to the rest of us.
    subroc

Article [I.]
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    Article [II.]
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Welcome to the Obama/Salazar Energy Policy!

Refineries are running at 45 to 60 of capacity. Imported oil is up and yet the turds won't issue any new drilling permits for the western Gulf Of Mexico. They would rather offer welfare/unemplyment benefits to gulf oil workers than let them earn thier 90K plus per year working as roustabouts and roughnecks.

$3. per gallon at the pump and it will continue to rise. You can keep the change!
    Your first sentence says it all. Refinery's are idle. Plenty of oil everywhere but they don't make gas. Just another case of price manipulation. I fail to see where the story is here? Except that when prices sky rocket again, it will continue to build the case for developing alternatives. Got a like that.

Quote Originally Posted by depittydawg View Post
    Your first sentence says it all. Refinery's are idle. Plenty of oil everywhere but they don't make gas. Just another case of price manipulation. I fail to see where the story is here? Except that when prices sky rocket again, it will continue to build the case for developing alternatives. Got a like that.
    Unless the government had immediate plans to build a vast network of ALTERNATIVE fuel, then we have to live in the here and now! That here and now is our domestic resources for which the current Fed government is preventing.

Just thier playing politics in the Gulf Of Mex. tells me that are clueless to the burben that the unnessessary increase in the cost of gasoline affects the working class.
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

That may sound great on paper but unfortunately there are NO efficient alternative power sources here now. Yes we should be striving towards that but manipulation by the administration(or those this administration put in power) to raise gas prices is a great case for getting government out of the business of oil. Alternative energy isn't a reality no matter what libs would like us to think.

I saw that China has increased its oil consumption 225% since 1994. Does anyone have reliable data as to when China and India and other emerging economies with blossoming middle classes will plateau their oil consumption?

If we don't have that data, everything else is empty speculation.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by zeus3925 View Post
    in 1965 the official pump price was 35 cents a gallon. Incomes have gone up 10x since then. $3.50/gallon would be the equivalent price now.
    Income Tax = 2% 0f total income, SS maxed out @ $37?, they were called service stations, car cost $2400 (Mercury Comet SW cruised comfortably @ 80, 28 MPG). I could go on but hopefully you get the point. What has increased in cost & scope is government, & immensely so. I have the slips so can verify what's printed.

Hopefully gas goes up enough that my oil stock splits again & I can harvest some more profit .

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Cody Covey View Post
    That may sound great on paper but unfortunately there are NO efficient alternative power sources here now. Yes we should be striving towards that but manipulation by the administration(or those this administration put in power) to raise gas prices is a great case for getting government out of the business of oil. Alternative energy isn't a reality no matter what libs would like us to think.
    I see. So I guess my job and my paycheck that I cash every to weeks isn't real then? Alternative energy isn't the answer today. But it is under way. And it will become more of an alternative as time marches on. Meanwhile, it isn't the government that controls the price of oil / gas. It is the oil industry. There is plenty of oil out there available. There is plenty of refining capacity. Why are they running at 50%?

[quote=depittydawg;721791]I see. So I guess my job and my paycheck that I cash every to weeks isn't real then? Alternative energy isn't the answer today. But it is under way. And it will become more of an alternative as time marches on. Meanwhile, it isn't the government that controls the price of oil / gas. It is the oil industry. There is plenty of oil out there available. There is plenty of refining capacity. Why are they running at 50%?[/quote]

When the government restricts oil production, they do have an impact of the cost. OPEC just raised prices last week because they know that domestic production in the USA is down and we have increased our demand for imported oil.

Our two biggest oil producing areas are Alaska and the GOM. The Feds stopped issuing new drilling permits in the gulf 8 months ago making us more dependent on imported oil and OPEC!!!

That's why prices will continue to increase.
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

I see. So I guess my job and my paycheck that I cash every to weeks isn't real then? Alternative energy isn't the answer today. But it is under way. And it will become more of an alternative as time marches on. Meanwhile, it isn't the government that controls the price of oil / gas. It is the oil industry. There is plenty of oil out there available. There is plenty of refining capacity. Why are they running at 50%?
    Tell me again why we actually need alternative energy. Are we running out of oil? Maybe it is to stop global warming.....
    Drill baby drill and then make me some damn gas
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

Quote Originally Posted by badbullgator View Post
    Tell me again why we actually need alternative energy. Are we running out of oil? Maybe it is to stop global warming.....
    Drill baby drill and then make me some damn gas
    We started running out of gas the day Francis Drake struck oil in Titusville, Pa. The question is WHEN will we run out? As far as I know, most estimates have not taken into account the exploding demands that India and China are creating.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!