The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: dadt

Default dadt

i have a question about the new law concerning open gays serving in the military. the first one is what is openly gay? will they be able to take a same sex person to the marine corps dance? can they lounge around in dresses? will they be able to hold hands etc. i don't know so i just thought i'd ask.also the next thing to come out of the courts will be a ruling about doing all these things becouse it would not be fair that they couldn't do it.after all it's aginst the law in prison to have a gay encounter and it still goes on.

Quote Originally Posted by pat addis View Post
    i have a question about the new law concerning open gays serving in the military. the first one is what is openly gay? will they be able to take a same sex person to the marine corps dance? can they lounge around in dresses? will they be able to hold hands etc. i don't know so i just thought i'd ask.also the next thing to come out of the courts will be a ruling about doing all these things becouse it would not be fair that they couldn't do it.after all it's aginst the law in prison to have a gay encounter and it still goes on.
    The progressives (they call themselves middle of the road independents) think of the military as a social test tube for their restructuring of morality.

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Why is it so important to be openly gay in the military? The military is not a place for anyone's sexuality to be flaunted, regardless of orientation. I doubt that just because DADT was repealed soldiers will stand around gawking at the Playgirl centerfold or talking about when the Chippendale's are coming to the Full Moon Saloon openly. It may be legal, but it still won't be accepted or have much participation. So what has changed for gays?

Quote Originally Posted by ducknwork View Post
    Why is it so important to be openly gay in the military? The military is not a place for anyone's sexuality to be flaunted, regardless of orientation. I doubt that just because DADT was repealed soldiers will stand around gawking at the Playgirl centerfold or talking about when the Chippendale's are coming to the Full Moon Saloon openly. It may be legal, but it still won't be accepted or have much participation. So what has changed for gays?
    Hopefully, Nothing. The military is not the place for that, plain and simple. But this is just my opinion.
    RIP SGT. David Blake Williams KIA 22 Mar 2008 Iraq

Every day should be Veteran's day.

"They say War is Hell, but I have to disagree. War is easy. It's the living afterwards thats hell." Author Unknown

stump,(or anyone else) you were in the military...answer a question for me please because I am too lazy to look it up right now...

Isn't it against some military law for males/females to bunk together in combat (or maybe always)?? It seems like I have heard that at some point in the past...

If it's true, will they have to build seperate living quarters for gays to stay in?

Could be just one of many sticky situations...(no pun intended)
    Last edited by ducknwork; 12-27-2010 at 08:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ducknwork View Post
    stump,(or anyone else) you were in the military...answer a question for me please because I am too lazy to look it up right now...

Isn't it against some military law for males/females to bunk together in combat (or maybe always)?? It seems like I have heard that at some point in the past...

If it's true, will they have to build seperate living quarters for gays to stay in?

Could be just one of many sticky situations...(no pun intended)
    Not against the law, but against military standards. And if caught, you could face UCMJ action. We didn't have women in my unit, or any support unit around us when I was in, so we didn't have to worry about that.

That is going to be the problem, in my opinion. When you try to place openly gay men with straight men problems will arise. How many gay guys are going to get the crap kicked out of them in the shower because some straight(and possibly homophobic)guy starts yelling that the gay guy was checking everyone out? Heck, I saw this happen when I was in, to guys that weren't gay(supposedly) and some guy would yell that.

I bet it's gonna get ugly.
    Last edited by Clay Rogers; 12-27-2010 at 08:58 AM.

"They say War is Hell, but I have to disagree. War is easy. It's the living afterwards thats hell." Author Unknown

I'm sure if given another chance at it you'd want to reword this a bit.
    Last edited by Buzz; 12-27-2010 at 09:10 AM.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    I'm sure if given another chance at it you'd want to reword this a bit.
    Dude, I owe you one.

Quote Originally Posted by stumpholehunter View Post
    Dude, I owe you one.

I just removed the quote. No evidence, LOL!
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Quote Originally Posted by stumpholehunter View Post
    Not against the law, but against military standards. And if caught, you could face UCMJ action. We didn't have women in my unit, or any support unit around us when I was in, so we didn't have to worry about that.
    So what is the difference between a straight woman/straight man bunking together and a gay man bunking with a bunch of straight guys? You would think that they couldn't just send the gays to the women's tent to sleep, so where do they belong?