The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: dadt

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    You should really read about the founding fathers, the framers of the Constitution, English common law, the magna carta, the Greek and Roman forms of governance. While you're at it, check out Halloween, St. Nicholas, St. Valentine's day....they're not American in origin!

IMO, what makes us a great nation is our incorporating the best of what everyone has to offer, and creating a new culture from many. And the ability to kick a$$ when need be.
    Look where homosexuality and the acceptance and celebration of it got the greeks and romans. I would hardly call that the 'best of what everyone has to offer'. Should've tossed that one out with the chaffe...

Copying a bunch of societies that eventually failed doesn't seem like an awesome idea to me...perhaps just a tad counterproductive.

Google pederasty in Greece and Rome...They were pretty big on that in ancient times. They even thought it boosted troop morale and believed it was good for their military. Is that what is next for America? Are we going to follow them into that as well?

Quote Originally Posted by ducknwork View Post
    Google pederasty in Greece and Rome...\ Are we going to follow them into that as well?
    This has gone beyond the absurd.

Our system of gov't is patterned after Greek and Roman systems of governance. That doesn't mean you need to bag the page-boys....somebody forgot to tell the republcian senators that. Our justice system is patterned largely afte old English law. Nothing wrong with that. We took a good idea and made it better.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

This has gone beyond the absurd.
    One might think (and hope) so, but I hear they are slathering grease on the proverbial slope right about now...

History repeats itself, remember? If it was thought to be good for the Greek military, some left wing nutjob might think it isn't such a bad thing to try out in the good ol' US.

Maybe these guys would be all for it...

http://www.nambla.org/

You should really read about the founding fathers, the framers of the Constitution, English common law, the magna carta, the Greek and Roman forms of governance. While you're at it, check out Halloween, St. Nicholas, St. Valentine's day....they're not American in origin!

IMO, what makes us a great nation is our incorporating the best of what everyone has to offer, and creating a new culture from many. And the ability to kick a$$ when need be.

So shouting on the mountain tops that one is gay is the best they have to offer??
    That makes America better how???

You just can't help yourself..........

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    So shouting on the mountain tops that one is gay is the best they have to offer??
    That makes America better how???

You just can't help yourself..........

RK
    Whaaaaaaaat?

This has definately won the gold medal for absurdity!

I comment on America's melting-pot strength, multicultural assets...and you go yelling gay pride from the mountaintop???

I'm outta this one. You know what I meant, but you and gibson are hell-bent on twisting everything into the absurd.

Have a good one!

(and please don't interpret that in any other way than to have a good day....no muslim extreme days, no yelling f@ggot from the mountain top......just have a good GD effing DAY!!!!)
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Wink

Whaaaaaaaat?

This has definately won the gold medal for absurdity!
    Don't Worry,
    I guarantee none of this will matter come spring time when the snow melts and the Mississippi crests.
    I am sure everyone will welcome the Army National Guard and itís protective dykes.

"So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin