The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wusses!!!

Default Wusses!!!

Hey, Philly Phans,
    You know what we call 8" of snow and 20 degree temps in WI????

APRIL!!!!!

And we damned sure don't call off no football games because of a dusting of snow!!!!

Franco, your guys look real good to me.

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Hey, Philly Phans,

APRIL!!!!!

And we damned sure don't call off no football games because of a dusting of snow!!!!

RK
    I thought both teams looked good - you can't beat playoff level FB.

It's not the good drivers that cause the problems in these situations it's the bad drivers of which there are too many.

In the blizzard of '37, a drift blew over our 2 1/2 story house, hardpacked the upper 6" as only North winds can. We dug a tunnel through the drift & drove through it until spring. It was not a big deal as there are no pictures of record, just a typical SD winter. I ran my little sled down the drift all winter .

BTW RK, didn't you cheese guys send a team to the RB in '59 that was heavily favored? I can remember getting 8 1/2 points on a $5 bet (a lot of money in those days, at least for me). The victorious team had a one eyed QB , UW 44 - WI 8. The little 10 don't do the RB well .

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    I thought both teams looked good - you can't beat playoff level FB.

It's not the good drivers that cause the problems in these situations it's the bad drivers of which there are too many.

In the blizzard of '37, a drift blew over our 2 1/2 story house, hardpacked the upper 6" as only North winds can. We dug a tunnel through the drift & drove through it until spring. It was not a big deal as there are no pictures of record, just a typical SD winter. I ran my little sled down the drift all winter .

BTW RK, didn't you cheese guys send a team to the RB in '59 that was heavily favored? I can remember getting 8 1/2 points on a $5 bet (a lot of money in those days, at least for me). The victorious team had a one eyed QB , UW 44 - WI 8. The little 10 don't do the RB well .
    Uh, yeah, that happened.......

51 FREAKIN YEARS AGO!!!

It wasn't my fault Marvin, I swear!!
    I was only 8 years old.

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Uh, yeah, that happened.......

51 FREAKIN YEARS AGO!!!

It wasn't my fault Marvin, I swear!!
    I was only 8 years old.

RK
    51 years ago...8 years old...that makes you, wait a minute....computing...computing...(don't mind the smoke)....computing...AHH! FORGET IT! You're freaking OLD!!

Hey, Philly Phans,

APRIL!!!!!

RK
    With all the smack Falcon's WR Roddy White had been tweeting all week, it was great to see some Saints D players standing on the Falcon logo posing for pictures after the game and texting those photos to White.

Brees is just plain unflapable! He throws two interceptions in the 4thQ, one a pick 6, then leads the team on a 90 yard winning drive. However, it was the Saints D that won that game. Held the Dirty Birds to a total of 215 yards in thier house.

I think all NFL teams should play in a dome!

Looking forward to seeing the two NFC wildcards, Saints and Packers play in the NFC Championship game
    Last edited by Franco; 12-28-2010 at 03:38 PM.
    Collecting more taxes than is absolutely necessary is legalized robbery. Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    With all the smack Falcon's WR Roddy White had been tweeting all week, it was great to see some Saints D players standing on the Falcon logo posing for pictures after the game and texting those photos to White.

Brees is just plain unflapable! He throws two interceptions in the 4thQ, one a pick 6, then leads the team on a 90 yard winning drive. However, it was the Saints D that won that game. Held the Dirty Birds to a total of 215 yards in thier house.

Looking forward to seeing the two NFC wildcards, Saints and Packers play in the NFC Championship game
    Well Franco, I am doubtfull of that game happening.
    I think, for some reason, the Eagles are this years team.
    But defense wins Championships, and the Saints "D" looks good.
    To go in and beat Atlanta at home is BIG!!!
    (19-2 at home?)

Just sayin'......

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Well Franco, I am doubtfull of that game happening.
    I think, for some reason, the Eagles are this years team.
    But defense wins Championships, and the Saints "D" looks good.
    To go in and beat Atlanta at home is BIG!!!
    (19-2 at home?)

Just sayin'......

RK
    Sean Payton/Drew Brees/Saints are 8 - 2 against the Dirty Birds in thier tenure together.

Last night was payback for getting beat in week 3 when Saint's Kicker Hartley missed a 29 FG in OT!

Teams stand a good chance of seeing one another again in 3 weeks, unless the Pack gets rolling.

If the Pack wins this weekend, they would get the Eagles at Philly. Eagles have shown they're beatable and GB can do it. Then you can have your shot at the Falcons for the rematch. We'll take care of the Seahawks/Rams and Bears
    Last edited by Franco; 12-28-2010 at 04:29 PM.
    Collecting more taxes than is absolutely necessary is legalized robbery. Calvin Coolidge

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    and that, is what the PA. Gov was just talking about on the nightly news.
    he called it the "Wusification" of America.
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Bora View Post
    and that, is what the PA. Gov was just talking about on the nightly news.
    he called it the "Wusification" of America.
    Next we'll have penalties for dirty uniforms or broken nails.

This may be the first (and last) time I agree with Ed Rendell.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Franco..... what does a dome have to to do with after the game. The giants had to stay in Appleton Wis for a xtra night because the airline could not get them to NY. Bud grant would not allow heaters on the side line for fear that that the the player would want to to be there instead of playing. Im with the gov and RK WUSSIES . PLAYBALL KNOW MATTER WHAT THE CONDITIONS ARE. If you cant take it stay home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!