The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Wusses!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Those Patriot vs Colt AFC Championship games of the last decade(3 games) were some of the lowest viewed NFL playoff games of the decade!
    Even the Steelers with thier two SB's last decade didn't have playoff ratings worth mentioning.

The exception was the Packers vs Giants NFC Championship game in 08.

While this whole discussion seems to revolve around terrible, freezing weather, don't forget the beautiful fall weather those of us in open stadium towns get to enjoy for most of the season. Nothing like 50 degrees, jumbotron, with your city's skyline as the backdrop.

Actually, I prefer this kind of football anyway:

God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    While this whole discussion seems to revolve around terrible, freezing weather, don't forget the beautiful fall weather those of us in open stadium towns get to enjoy for most of the season. Nothing like 50 degrees, jumbotron, with your city's skyline as the backdrop.

Actually, I prefer this kind of football anyway:

Sure do miss them times. Not just when i played but my son to.

Road Kill knows that I have been pulling for a Saints vs Packers NFC Championship game all season long. I expect the Packers to beat the Bears this weekend and then see the two NFC Wildcards sweep the Conference! The only other QB form the NFC I would want on my team if we didn't have Brees is Aaron Rodgers.

Yes, the TV revenue is shared. However, the TV Networks look at the audience delivered by all the games including the regular season. For the last 20 years they have witnessed a decline in ratings of regular season games played in heavy weather elements. Not so much a loss in viewing by the local fans but a loss of viewing on a national broadcast of regular season games played in poor weather.

A couple of weeks ago, a game played by two also rans, I think it was Dallas vs Arizona or another warm climate team had better ratings than two heavy-weights that played thier game in sloppy conditions. I won't name that game but it was two old-school NFL teams. Not the first time it has happened but a clear trend that TV executives won't dismiss because the higher the viewing audience the more they can charge for commercials.

i wouldn't even use the energy required to press the buttons on the remote to watch Dallas play Arizona..................

they aspire to be also-rans!-Paul
    there's no good reason to fatten up a retriever.

Road Kill knows that I have been pulling for a Saints vs Packers NFC Championship game all season long. I expect the Packers to beat the Bears this weekend and then see the two NFC Wildcards sweep the Conference! The only other QB form the NFC I would want on my team if we didn't have Brees is Aaron Rodgers.
    Franco, how do you expect a team that got beat by the Lions to beat the Bears and then sweep the conference? Now you might blame it on Rodgers getting injured, but they didn't do much when he was playing in the first half either.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

They should move the super bowl from a dome to a open stadium. I would love to see it in green bay.. Damn pussies.. I went to the Eagles game back in the first week of December. It was just a bit chilly.. 26 degrees with 20 mph winds.. It was a great game. I could care less about temperature. I was actually quite pissed when they moved the game from Sunday afternoon to sunday night, then to tuesday. I agreed with Ed Rendell when he called them wussies. Philly was projected to get 8-12 inches which we did get. I think the stadium had 11 inches.. I am so glad my company didnt get that snow removal contract.. All the union operators and hand laborers didnt want to work.. Go figure.. Pay a mexican 15 bucks an hour and they will work 24 hours.
    Wayne Beck

RIP Moose 2/6/00-1/21/10
    Bull's Harley Road Hog 5/1/10-(in training)
    Bull's Kunte Kinte 11/7/12-

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Franco, how do you expect a team that got beat by the Lions to beat the Bears and then sweep the conference? Now you might blame it on Rodgers getting injured, but they didn't do much when he was playing in the first half either.
    1) It's an inter-Division rivalry meaning there really isn't an underdawg with these two teams plus, the game is at Lambeau.
    2) The Bears have nothing but pride to play for. I wouldn't be surprised if they rested some players at some point in the game.
    3) The Lions aren't as bad as you think they are. Don't forget they got screwed out of a win in the opener and it took them a while to put that game behind them.
    4) I remember a team that lost thier last three reg season games last season and went on to win the SB. It's how you play in the second season that counts.
    5) Packers have had their ups and downs this season but still a very solid team. They'll beat the Eagles with Vick at QB who has been as inconsistant as they come in big games this season. Then, if they go to Atlanta, they had the Falcons on the ropes till they fumbled at the 1 yard line!
    Last edited by Franco; 12-29-2010 at 09:48 PM.
    It's time we abandon our party affiliations and rather than being good Dems or good Repubs we all become good Americans. MJH345

1) It's an inter-Division rivalry meaning there really isn't an underdawg with these two teams plus, the game is at Lambeau.
    2) The Bears have nothing but pride to play for. I wouldn't be surprised if they rested some players at some point in the game.
    3) The Lions aren't as bad as you think they are. Don't forget they got screwed out of a win in the opener and it took them a while to put that game behind them.
    4) I remember a team that lost thier last three reg season games last season and went on to win the SB. It's how you play in the second season that counts.
    5) Packers have had their ups and downs this season but still a very solid team. They'll beat the Eagles with Vick at QB who has been as inconsistant as they come in big games this season. Then, if they go to Atlanta, they had the Falcons on the ropes till they fumbled at the 1 yard line!

Bears could be playing for the #1 seed.

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post

Bears could be playing for the #1 seed.

RK
    Bears will know by gametime if they are playing for #1 but, the situation is highly improbable.

Saints may have thier hands full with a solid 9 -5 Tampa club but, no way do the Falcons get beat by the worse club in the league.
    It's time we abandon our party affiliations and rather than being good Dems or good Repubs we all become good Americans. MJH345

Bears will know by gametime if they are playing for #1 but, the situation is highly improbable.

Saints may have thier hands full with a solid 9 -5 Tampa club but, no way do the Falcons get beat by the worse club in the league.
    Really?????

Well then, let's just cancel those games.

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Really?????

Well then, let's just cancel those games.

RK
    No way the Falcons get beat by the Panthers. Can you even name the Panthers QB? Besides, the Panthers already have the #1 pick locked up.