The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: obama is such an ignatz.....

Banned

Default obama is such an ignatz.....

http://www.politico.com/click/storie...gned_vick.html

would he have done this for a white player? methinks not. and why wait till the end of the year? why didnt he do it earlier? did he wait till it was safe to do so?

I truly think his tremendous ego gets in the way of any "brilliance" he may have.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by M&K's Retrievers View Post
    I truly think his tremendous ego gets in the way of any "brilliance" he may have.
    thats a very good way to put it

Quote Originally Posted by david gibson View Post
    http://www.politico.com/click/storie...gned_vick.html

would he have done this for a white player? methinks not. and why wait till the end of the year? why didnt he do it earlier? did he wait till it was safe to do so?
    Dave,

While you and I are on the same page about just about all of the topic's of this board, and have if I am not mistaken sometimes even backed each other up with posts about a given subject.

I do think on this one, your reading to much into it....

I heard it this moning while taking in my morning sports talk radio (everyday on the way into work and then pick it back up in the office) I heard the call was with regard to Phili's decision to try to go green at the staduim. The conversastion then turned casuial and Vick was brought up.

So what, if the Pres. commended him. So what if he happened to be Black. Would he have done it for a white person, who cares....

The more this President opens his mouth the better...

I am sure he has now lost the PETA vote....only 900 million special intrest groups to go.

NCA

Quote Originally Posted by Nor_Cal_Angler View Post
    Dave,

While you and I are on the same page about just about all of the topic's of this board, and have if I am not mistaken sometimes even backed each other up with posts about a given subject.

I do think on this one, your reading to much into it....

I heard it this moning while taking in my morning sports talk radio (everyday on the way into work and then pick it back up in the office) I heard the call was with regard to Phili's decision to try to go green at the staduim. The conversastion then turned casuial and Vick was brought up.

So what, if the Pres. commended him. So what if he happened to be Black. Would he have done it for a white person, who cares....

The more this President opens his mouth the better...

I am sure he has now lost the PETA vote....only 900 million special intrest groups to go.

NCA

Faux news pulled this one out of their arses to try and create another controversy out of nothing, and like a good little soldier Gibson jumped on the bandwagon. Paul Joseph Goebbels would be proud.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Faux news pulled this one out of their arses to try and create another controversy out of nothing, and like a good little soldier Gibson jumped on the bandwagon. Paul Joseph Goebbels would be proud.

Ahhhhhh I don’t know ‘bout that.
    Last Eve. On NBC ( National Barack Channel) Costco reported that the purpose of the call was energy savings and Philli going green but the FIRST topic discussed was Vick. Team spokesperson said they were impressed at the depth of knowledge on Vicks year/stats the Fan in Chief had. Also made it clear the President in a Bears fan.

"So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    your blind hatred of conservatism rises again to distort your vision of reality.:

"Then, Obama praised Lurie for hiring Vick. Lurie then revealed the private remarks to Sports Illustrated’s Peter King, who then ran the news story. “He said, ‘So many people who serve time never get a fair second chance.’ He said, ‘It’s never a level playing field for prisoners when they get out of jail.’ And he was happy that we did something on such a national stage that showed our faith in giving someone a second chance after such a major downfall.”"

http://news.lalate.com/2010/12/29/ob...raw-criticism/

from the LA times:
    "But Bill Smith, the founder of Main Line Animal Rescue in the Philadelphia area, bristled at Obama's characterization that the Eagles' signing of Vick was motivated by wanting to give a convicted felon a second chance.

"If he couldn't throw a football, he wouldn't have had a second chance," said Smith, who organized a campaign last season to collect food for animal shelters every time Vick was sacked on the field. "This isn't about giving anyone a second chance; it's about who can make the Eagles organization more money.""

and even YOUR side - admittedly progressive MSNBC - ran with the vick angle as the MAIN EVENT ignoring the "greenness" of the stadium:

http://bltwy.msnbc.msn.com/politics/...e-9271.gallery

"Obama calls Eagles, says Vick deserved 2nd chance: Do you think he'll call Betty Ford next to give them the thumbs up on Lindsay Lo?! President Obama made a surprise call to Philadelphia Eagles owner Jeffrey Lurie, praising him and the team for taking on Michael Vick after he was released from 21 months in jail for running a dog fighting ring"

well then, it appears Fox was not he one to run and distort the story, was it?

so your attempt to discredit me and FOX News (fair and balanced, just like MSNBC) = FAILURE
    Last edited by david gibson; 12-29-2010 at 10:31 AM.

I agree with NCA. It's a story that hardly deserves any scrutiny. Much ado about nothing. You're really reaching to find fault on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Bora View Post
    Ahhhhhh I don’t know ‘bout that.
    Last Eve. On NBC ( National Barack Channel) Costco reported that the purpose of the call was energy savings and Philli going green but the FIRST topic discussed was Vick. Team spokesperson said they were impressed at the depth of knowledge on Vicks year/stats the Fan in Chief had. Also made it clear the President in a Bears fan.

If you watch closely, which I do, you'll notice that these types of story begin with outrage at Faux News and then begin to trickle into the MSM over the following days. Note that I do not consider Faux part of the MSM. They are an arm of the RNC and propaganda machine for the right pure and simple.

It bears repeating, Paul Joseph Goebbels would be proud.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Blackstone View Post
    I agree with NCA. It's a story that hardly deserves any scrutiny. Much ado about nothing. You're really reaching to find fault on this one.
    really? thats why msnbc and pretty much everyone else did a story too? sorry, i didnt realize it was such a non event.

so a guy gets a great second chance - arguably just because he is a good athlete and can make a lot of money for the guy who gives him that second chance. who else gets such a 2nd chance? very few. obama makes a call to commend the guy who gave his little golden goose that second chance. what a crock of crap - lurie only gave him the chance for $$$$, he doesnt give a rats arse about second chances. show me where he has hired a bunch of ex-cons for other positions in his businesses. nothing like seeing millionaires pat each other on the back for helping out another millionaire. isnt that what you guys accuse conservatives of all the time? so would obama have made the call if it was rothlesberger? who knows, but its my opinion and guess what - i am entitled to it although most of you "independents" feel otherwise.
    Last edited by david gibson; 12-29-2010 at 12:20 PM.