The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: obama is such an ignatz.....

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    If you watch closely, which I do, you'll notice that these types of story begin with outrage at Faux News and then begin to trickle into the MSM over the following days. Note that I do not consider Faux part of the MSM. They are an arm of the RNC and propaganda machine for the right pure and simple.

It bears repeating, Paul Joseph Goebbels would be proud.
    so you continue to ignore that it was Sports Illustrated, not Fox, that broke the story with that particular angle? of course you do, you have to blame fox for everything. SI did not do the story because they saw it on Fox, it was the other way around.
    Last edited by david gibson; 12-29-2010 at 12:30 PM.

No wonder you guys don't like Bush...

One of the final pieces of legislation that President George W. Bush signed before leaving office was the Second Chance Act, appropriate for a man who originally ran on a "compassionate conservatism" platform. The law seeks to improve the lives and prospects of people returning to the larger community from prison.

According to the U.S. Bureau of Justice Statistics, in 2008, more than 7.3 million people were on probation or parole or in prison 3.2 percent of all adult residents and the highest rate in the world. The aggregate federal and state incarceration expenditures alone (not including prosecution, probation, etc.) exceed $50 billion.

So, in many respects, Americans have a vested interest in helping those who err and pay the price especially non-violent criminals return to society as productive members and not remain prisoners (literally and figuratively) of the state.

It is an issue that should transcend political ideology, too. Liberals, after all, profess tolerance for those who make mistakes. Conservatives embrace personal responsibility, but should also want those who accept it to become contributors to society again rather than just consumers of its resources. And as a religious nation, many proclaim to believe in redemption.

I have a vested interest in this issue. I have a pathological gambling addiction that eventually landed me in federal prisons for 25 months in the prime of my life and left my family without a husband and father.

I have an unusual record of recovery without relapse during the past eight years. Additionally, I have recovered tens of millions of dollars for taxpayers after successfully settling a health care whistleblower lawsuit. But while I am proud of my abstinence from gambling and my success in uncovering health care fraud my other professional accomplishments during that time are paltry largely, I believe, due to my felon status.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Quote Originally Posted by david gibson View Post
    so you continue to ignore that it was Sports Illustrated, not Fox, that broke the story with that particular angle? of course you do, you have to blame fox for everything. SI did not do the story because they saw it on Fox, it was the other way around.

No, it was Faux that added the editorial flair to the story!
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

If you watch closely, which I do, you'll notice that these types of story begin with outrage at Faux News and then begin to trickle into the MSM over the following days. Note that I do not consider Faux part of the MSM. They are an arm of the RNC and propaganda machine for the right pure and simple.

It bears repeating, Paul Joseph Goebbels would be proud.
    BUZZ, seriously if you watched closely you would or should note that the entire MSM is an arm on the DNC and propaganda machine for the left pure and simple....Faux does their part to counter that.

I know and all should agree with you that Fox is an arm for the right....but your lack of ackowledgement consistantly that the rest of the media outlets are not biased towards the DNC and progressive movement goes to show that Dave is accurate...you do have a "BLIND" spot.

really? thats why msnbc and pretty much everyone else did a story too? sorry, i didnt realize it was such a non event.

so a guy gets a great second chance - arguably just because he is a good athlete and can make a lot of money for the guy who gives him that second chance. who else gets such a 2nd chance? very few. obama makes a call to commend the guy who gave his little golden goose that second chance. what a crock of crap - lurie only gave him the chance for $$$$, he doesnt give a rats arse about second chances. show me where he has hired a bunch of ex-cons for other positions in his businesses. nothing like seeing millionaires pat each other on the back for helping out another millionaire. isnt that what you guys accuse conservatives of all the time? so would obama have made the call if it was rothlesberger? who knows, but its my opinion and guess what - i am entitled to it although most of you "independents" feel otherwise.
    Dave,

You beat me to it....I was thinking about it and this is not word for word what I would have brought up but very close.

I could care less that he is black, and that is the part that I ment to or should have clairfied with my orgional point. The part that needs noting is the probable reasoning behinde the move was MONEY....M. Vick is a money maker, the Eagles knew this and they jumped....It had nothing (in my book) to do with giving a second chance.

The President was giving one of his PR fluff jobs, someone on his staff recommended he do it and he did.

Just you wait, I can see it now....some form of legislation or proposal will come from the WH with regard to giving convicts a second chance and...wait...wait...becasue the premiss of the call was with regard to going green and energy conservation measures...they will be offering our wealth re-distribution as a means to entice employers to hire....Grants from the government for hiring convicts to work in the green energy field...

Ohhh it will be so heavenly....you are doing your part...Hire convicts, positive change in the green energy field....and all on the public dime....

Hey, we get to pay for their housing, clothing, food, healthcare while their locked up....why not pay for their jobs once their out.

NCA

Banned

No, it was Faux that added the editorial flair to the story!
    ummm, you are still wrong. you are so blinded to truth it is pathetic.

http://www.necn.com/12/29/10/Obamas-...12&feedID=4207

"One thing seems certain -- Obama's call to Philadelphia Eagles owner Jeffrey Lurie was never supposed to go public. But, it did when Sports Illustrated's Peter King broke the news.

Once the story was out, the White House quickly said the reason the President called Lurie was to discuss plans the owner had to improve energy efficiency at Lincoln Financial Field. Then, the conversation turned to other issues -- with Obama complimenting the Eagles for giving quarterback Michael Vick a second chance."

now, basic reading comprehension tells you that Peter King went public with what was supposed to be a private phone call. Then the WH spun it to improve their image. Once King went public - all other news agencies - Fox and MSNBC included, take that news wire and air it. The MSNBC and Fox and Huffington and all others vary very little in this story. please show me the unique editorial spin that Fox applied that is untrue, and please show me where MSNBC reports on the "greening" discussion more than the Vick statement.

once again - your attempt = FAILURE
    Last edited by david gibson; 12-29-2010 at 12:53 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Nor_Cal_Angler View Post

Dave,

You beat me to it....I was thinking about it and this is not word for word what I would have brought up but very close

.....snip.....

Just you wait, I can see it now....some form of legislation or proposal will come from the WH with regard to giving convicts a second chance and...wait...wait...becasue the premiss of the call was with regard to going green and energy conservation measures...they will be offering our wealth re-distribution as a means to entice employers to hire....Grants from the government for hiring convicts to work in the green energy field...

Ohhh it will be so heavenly....you are doing your part...Hire convicts, positive change in the green energy field....and all on the public dime....

Hey, we get to pay for their housing, clothing, food, healthcare while their locked up....why not pay for their jobs once their out.

NCA
    here is an example of someone doing it right:

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...k/7356837.html

funny this made the paper just today - when will the Half Muslim Animal Abuse Apologist call him? and actually this guy is a friend of mine - he built a sweet little pond on his site and lets me use it whenever i want for swimby work

really? thats why msnbc and pretty much everyone else did a story too? sorry, i didnt realize it was such a non event.

so a guy gets a great second chance - arguably just because he is a good athlete and can make a lot of money for the guy who gives him that second chance. who else gets such a 2nd chance? very few. obama makes a call to commend the guy who gave his little golden goose that second chance. what a crock of crap - lurie only gave him the chance for $$$$, he doesnt give a rats arse about second chances. show me where he has hired a bunch of ex-cons for other positions in his businesses. nothing like seeing millionaires pat each other on the back for helping out another millionaire. isnt that what you guys accuse conservatives of all the time? so would obama have made the call if it was rothlesberger? who knows, but its my opinion and guess what - i am entitled to it although most of you "independents" feel otherwise.
    You're right, you have the right to an opinion. But, as far as I'm concerned, it is a "non-event." Just because the news networks decided to report on it, doesn't mean it's of great importance. It deserved to be a blurb on the news at best, and certainly didn't deserve being analyzed in depth to look for a way to bash Obama and turn it into a racial issue. Like I said, you're really reaching this time.
    Last edited by Blackstone; 12-29-2010 at 01:23 PM.

This is not news to begin with......I hope you do not select your presidents based on this type of rhetoric. Buzz hit the nail on the head...this is just something for you cable junkies to feed on.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Blackstone View Post
    You're right, you have the right to an opinion. But, as far as I'm concerned, it is a "non-event." Just because the news networks decided to report on it, doesn't mean it's of great importance. It deserved to be a blurb on the news at best, and certainly didn't deserve being analyzed in depth to look for a way to bash Obama and turn it into a racial issue. Like I said, you're really reaching this time.
    of course, anything negative about your messiah is "nothing to worry about"
    it all adds up to one thing - the boonoggle of a president we have "leading" this country.....

Is Vick a muslim?