The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Teleprompter Failed Obongolo

Quote Originally Posted by scott2012 View Post
    nope.........Obama capitalized on being a man of color and the country wanted this to happen. It helps that he can deliver a speech with conviction and handles himself well with the media.
    It did? Judging from what I hear on this forum, nothing could be further from the truth! We've seen dollar bills with watermelons and fried chicken...we've seen t-shirts of eagles defecating on Obama. Are these the signs of support you refer to?

Someone else here pointed out that there were minority tails on each end of the political spectrum that either voted FOR or AGAINST the color of his skin. The parties fell in pretty much along lines.....and it was the independent sector of voters that at that particular time, liked what they heard, and swayed in Obama's favor. That has since shifted away, but may be coming back somewhat.

I suppose if America truly wants black politicians, that is why they are so heavily in the majority of both houses of congress and state governorships?

RK: I would agree with that except the finance and lobby system. It is beyond repair. If it were sitting on a piece of property I had purchased, I would burn it down and start over with new construction. Redesign, rebuild, and protect it from future corruption like the old system fell to.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    It did? Judging from what I hear on this forum, nothing could be further from the truth! We've seen dollar bills with watermelons and fried chicken...we've seen t-shirts of eagles defecating on Obama. Are these the signs of support you refer to?

Someone else here pointed out that there were minority tails on each end of the political spectrum that either voted FOR or AGAINST the color of his skin. The parties fell in pretty much along lines.....and it was the independent sector of voters that at that particular time, liked what they heard, and swayed in Obama's favor. That has since shifted away, but may be coming back somewhat.

I suppose if America truly wants black politicians, that is why they are so heavily in the majority of both houses of congress and state governorships?

RK: I would agree with that except the finance and lobby system. It is beyond repair. If it were sitting on a piece of property I had purchased, I would burn it down and start over with new construction. Redesign, rebuild, and protect it from future corruption like the old system fell to.
    Not sure if Americans truly want black politicians or not.....but there were a lot of polls taken across the country and one.....one...of the polls I saw had the youngest group of voters in this country really rallying about change and getting behind Obama because it was .....time....to change this country with regard to skin color. Interestingly, this same huge group did not support Hillary at all because they felt like she was on an agenda that they did not believe in. Perhaps she just missed connecting with anyone and , perhaps, she might be our president now if she could have reached some of these groups. Interesting for sure.

How would you protect it from future corruption? Sounds interesting

A college degree??

And someone accused ME of being elitist, when I NEVER even mentioned college as a prerequisite for being intelligent!

Lots of really smart people without diplomas, and lots of stupid people with them.

A very poor discriminator of intelligence.
    Dnf, I never said that a degree was "thee" discriminator of intelligence.
    But as only 28% of Americans have one, according to a 2005 Business Week article, I would say that it's an indicator of such. The fact that more and more businesses require, or at least highly desire, a degree for even introductory positions is another sign of it's value as well. But go ahead and focus on the minutiae if you wish.
    My point in that post was, in these continuous zingers of "Palin is stupid, Obama's an idiot, Biden's a moron, Bush is a buffoon... " yada yada, that all of these are (imo) intelligent people acting stupid within the definition. Careless comments, unreasoned answers, vexating actions in the face of contrary considerations; no side has a lock on that. Meanwhile the results or implications of the deed/statement in question gets lost in picking fly s#!t out of pepper.
    "It's not that government is inherently stupid, although that's a debatable question."
    Rand Paul CPAC speech 2011

I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it. Thomas Jefferson to Archibald Stuart, 1791

Quote Originally Posted by scott2012
    Obama ... can deliver a prepared speech with conviction and handles himself well with the media.
    There, fixed it for ya.
    But apparently only when the conditions are carefully controlled and in his favor. Listen to him founder and flail when asked something of the cuff or he steps away from that teleprompter/podium. Watch him bristle and get defensive, or flat out refuse to answer direct criticism from the foreign press. Yes, the man can "speechify" but he's no orator, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by road kill
    America was looking to be fixed, not redesigned.
    We have a good blueprint and basic foundation, but too many cobbled on additions, that don't comply to "code", have jeopardized the whole structure. PBO's interpretation that the Constitution does not specify what the government MUST provide for the people, for example.
    "It's not that government is inherently stupid, although that's a debatable question."
    Rand Paul CPAC speech 2011

I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it. Thomas Jefferson to Archibald Stuart, 1791

Quote Originally Posted by BrianW View Post
    But as only 28% of Americans have one, according to a 2005 Business Week article, I would say that it's an indicator of such. .
    That is more a function of the ever increasing cost of a 4 year degree. While I do think there is a "dumbing-down" of America, the cost of education is increasingly making it the domain of the rich.

Several years ago it was reported that the average cost of a pubic university 4-year degree exceeded the average family income in America.

THAT, is an index we should pay attention to if we want to remain competitive in a global economy.

I don't disagree with you, or believe you were being elitist at all.....just trying to play on a level field, since I've been called eletist for saying much less. Those same people just don't see it when its on "their side".

have a good one.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by scott2012 View Post
    [/B]

How would you protect it from future corruption? Sounds interesting

If you can figure that out, and also how to keep my dog from dragging tree branches into the yard....please let me know!

If you can figure that out, and also how to keep my dog from dragging tree branches into the yard....please let me know!
    Dang that is funny!!!!!! LOL!!!!!

Banned

if you can train a dog by yourself 100% to master level at least i would think you could handle that task. childs play.

Dogtra, level 127.

Will work well for both situations if the correction is applied at the proper moment.