The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Some local Football??????

Default Some local Football??????

How'd you like to be a sports writer in our area. The local college FB team is going to play tonight in the Holiday Bowl. Their opponent, a visiting team that beat them 56-21 earlier in the season. & No, we didn't get that much better!!!!!!!!!

& our local 6-9 professional????????? team will be playing a 7-8 team for the right to host a playoff game or more on their way to the SB. Can you imagine a 7-9 team playing in the SB? But it goes to show what $7 mil a year for a HC will do in raising the bar.

& we lost our NBA team, no locals with the wherewithal to buy one . All we have is 1, 5 & 14 or so on the rich list .

Franco, rumors are we may have the Hornets shortly & as long as team poaching is now the way of life in the NBA I can handle that, if the new arena is outside Seattle proper.

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    How'd you like to be a sports writer in our area. The local college FB team is going to play tonight in the Holiday Bowl. Their opponent, a visiting team that beat them 56-21 earlier in the season. & No, we didn't get that much better!!!!!!!!!

& our local 6-9 professional????????? team will be playing a 7-8 team for the right to host a playoff game or more on their way to the SB. Can you imagine a 7-9 team playing in the SB? But it goes to show what $7 mil a year for a HC will do in raising the bar.

& we lost our NBA team, no locals with the wherewithal to buy one . All we have is 1, 5 & 14 or so on the rich list .

Franco, rumors are we may have the Hornets shortly & as long as team poaching is now the way of life in the NBA I can handle that, if the new arena is outside Seattle proper.
    I don't even follow the Hornets. If fan attendence is poor, I don't think many will miss the NBA. I didn't even know y'all lost your NBA team! Does Bill Walton still play for that team? I remember him from his UCLA days.

You have to give Pete two years. If there aren't a lot more W's next season, time to find a new coach. Just ask the kid that was coaching the Broncos.

The Rams are the best 7 - 8 team in the league

Good luck!
    Last edited by Franco; 12-30-2010 at 10:15 PM.
    Collecting more taxes than is absolutely necessary is legalized robbery. Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Does Bill Walton still play for that team?
    Franco, you do need to keep a little more up to date .

Marvin S

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Why is it we post sports talk on PP? Is it not welcome on the main forum?

Maybe we could have a separate sub-forum for football?

Is it that sports are inherently political?
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    Franco, you do need to keep a little more up to date .
    He's not out of date.......just doesn't care much about anything outside the state of looseannie....rajun cajuns and that other school???????

Hey Marv.....Huskies up on the Huskers 10-zip.....it'd be nice to see you guys win this one but I'm waitin' for the hammer to drop.
    "What a difference a week makes. This week I feel like a football coach. Last week I felt like Britney Spears' choreographer."
    Coach Bob Green, Montana Tech

Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post

Sports is not hugely accepted on the main board, depending on the threads author of course!!

Feel free to start one though.

Didn't Seattle go to the SB a couple years ago?

I saw them in a playoff game in GB in a snow storm a while back, how did that one turn out??

RK
    Last edited by road kill; 12-31-2010 at 07:38 AM.
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by dback View Post

He's not out of date.......just doesn't care much about anything outside the state of looseannie....rajun cajuns and that other school???????
    Sort of true

Other than watching a little college Baseball during the CWS, I am a one spectator sport guy.
    I listen to ESPN Radio from training camp to the Super Bowl. Yet, I watch the NFL Network all year long!

Down here, it begins and ends with football!
    Collecting more taxes than is absolutely necessary is legalized robbery. Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Down here, it begins and ends with football!
    Common affliction in Oklahoma, Texas and most of the Southeast......probably some connection why so many football players and ALL wacky duck hunters with E-collar UTube videos come from that area.

Daumn Marv.......don't know how much you had to do with it, but......great job last night. I like it!
    "What a difference a week makes. This week I feel like a football coach. Last week I felt like Britney Spears' choreographer."
    Coach Bob Green, Montana Tech

Common affliction in Oklahoma, Texas and most of the Southeast......probably some connection why so many football players and ALL wacky duck hunters with E-collar UTube videos come from that area.

Daumn Marv.......don't know how much you had to do with it, but......great job last night. I like it!
    Got to love the Duck Commander guys and show!

Then, we have Wildgame Innovations on the Outdoor Channel. Three local wacky guys from Lafayette with a reality TV hunting show.

I was impressed - I always like to see the underdog get a measurable amount of success. I would have been impressed if we had gotten beat, just by a smaller score. It's going to make recruiting a little easier!!!!!

Though an alumnus, I'm a sports page fan, I have never received a fund raising request from the UW, might be because I graduated at the end of Summer School?

Never been to a Husky FB game, & probably less than 5 BB games since graduation. Probably would do more BB if I lived in the U district.

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Didn't Seattle go to the SB a couple years ago?

I saw them in a playoff game in GB in a snow storm a while back, how did that one turn out?? RK
    They did!!! The highlight of the Holmgren - Hasselhoff era. Though I think they got shafted by the refs, my bone to pick with all the sports franchises that come to this area is their handout attitude. Money that could be better wasted elsewhere !!!!!!!!!!!!!! NASCAR wanted a 1/2 bil to put a track here, just what we need, another traffic jam !!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post

JD, I've seen an awful lot of irrelevant clap trap posted by the progressives on this part of the forum. At least sports is about competition, most of the time .

Marvin S