The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: drug testing

Quote Originally Posted by Julie R. View Post

HAHAHA... Healy some of your posts of late have worried me but PC or not, I ***SO**** agree with this one. Everyone agrees the gene pool needs a little chlorine and this would be a good start towards halting the dumbing down of America. If you can't feed em don't breed em.
    Hey there Reardon, don't worry about me. I have never abandoned the cause of conservatism and fiscal responsibility. The purported leaders of "Republican Conservatism" have abandoned me IMHO.
    They talk a good game, but delivery on that rhetoric has been sorely lacking for way too long.
    Trust me if they made me Supreme Ruler of these United States for a couple of years I suspect you would LOVE 99% of the changes I would make. Hell I'd even ask you to be my Vice Supreme Ruler, but I doubt if playing 2nd string is in your makeup. LOL

If I can find your phone # I'll give you a call after the Holidays slow down. I really enjoyed chatting with you and so admire your ability to cut through the BS, and get to the meat of the issue.
    I think I'm going to breed my bitch shortly and it will be my first and I'd love to get your input

Still love ya girl
    Have a great New Year!!

Quote Originally Posted by mjh345 View Post
    Bon you are usually one of the more rational posters on here;.....but this one really misses the boat.

Advocating Temporary contraception for people who can't provide for themselves and there already existing offspring, in no way can be equated with Hitlers program
    Temporary contraception is one thing, I have no problem with that, actually think its a good idea....now sterilization of a person ramps that up to a whole new level...are there cases where someone should be sterilized..Absolutely..but then we begin a slippery slope as to who get to decide, as is the case with a previous poster and their dilemma with a handicapped family member, they probably should have been allowed to take preventative measures
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    Temporary contraception is one thing, I have no problem with that, actually think its a good idea....
    Where were you when I suggested norplant or depo for all welfare recipients??
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    probably waterfowl hunting or dog training in Idaho...

Honestly I never saw/read that thread
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    you recommend only fixing women - but not reversible V's for men?

The people we're talking about told Warthogs how to procreate.

Quote Originally Posted by david gibson View Post
    you recommend only fixing women - but not reversible V's for men?
    Give all the norplant and depo to men you want. Won't do any good.

Vasectomy reversibility is only marginally successful. Cessation of norplant or depo is 100%.

"fixing" implies permanent sterilization. That is inaccurate and misleading.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by pat addis View Post
    i was a truck mechanic for 40 yrs.before injuries forced retirement and as such is had random drug tests. this got me thinking don't you think the police and politicians should have to also.what about people on welfare and those poor souls that couldn't find jobs for 99 weeks and had to extend unemployment to feed their families,any one i missed?
    I agree that anyone that can endanger the wellfare of the general public should receive drug tests. As far as some of the others, I'm not sure how productive it would be. I would bet a significant number of people on welfare and unemployment are not using drugs. Also, how are we going to pay for all that testing? That sounds like a whole new goverment agency and a lot of tax dollars to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackstone View Post
    I agree that anyone that can endanger the wellfare of the general public should receive drug tests. As far as some of the others, I'm not sure how productive it would be. I would bet a significant number of people on welfare and unemployment are not using drugs. Also, how are we going to pay for all that testing? That sounds like a whole new goverment agency and a lot of tax dollars to me.
    IMO, the deterrent effect would minimize the number of tests required, just like the welfare rolls slim down when it becomes workfare.

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Quote Originally Posted by Blackstone View Post
    Random testing would not be that expensive relatively speaking compared to the amount of money being provided through current entitlement programs and the deterrent factor alone would probably be considerable. There will always be some who will violate testing or not and they should be weeded out of the programs. Could even go with a 2 or 3 strikes rule instead of 1 and done. The bigger issue would be the determining what would be screened for in the tests; just THC and Opiates or even some of the more popular illegal prescription drugs as well?
    "In GOD we TRUST, for everything else there's JUMPMASTERS!"

Proudly owned by CPR HR Tiger Mountain Liberty "Libby"