The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: drug testing

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    If we really wanted to end drug abuse, testing would be a requirement for all entitlement handout recipients.

No one should be on an entitlement unless they are clean and trying.

I know, how heartless of me.........

RK
    That is the problem. I don't want some child going without because of their loser parents. If it was not for that, I would agree with every thing said.

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    I'll take it a step further;

Any person that is a career ward of the Fed Gov. should have thier reproductive abilities restricted!
    Hmmmm....seems like I've heard that somewhere before, and got attacked for being anti-woman!
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by sambo View Post
    That is the problem. I don't want some child going without because of their loser parents. If it was not for that, I would agree with every thing said.
    That may be how you feel but I should not have to pay for someones kid. That is just total theft and redistribution of wealth.
    There is another simple solution.
    Many people have been waiting for a long time to adopt infants. Why not simply give those babies to those who can care for them on their own.
    Let's be real it would be in the best interest of the infant. That is much beter than waiting a few years and then the kid is already screwed up and unadoptable when it is finally taken from the useless "parent".
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

Quote Originally Posted by luvmylabs23139 View Post
    That may be how you feel but I should not have to pay for someones kid. That is just total theft and redistribution of wealth.
    There is another simple solution.
    Many people have been waiting for a long time to adopt infants. Why not simply give those babies to those who can care for them on their own.
    Let's be real it would be in the best interest of the infant. That is much beter than waiting a few years and then the kid is already screwed up and unadoptable when it is finally taken from the useless "parent".

And who, besides big government and YOU get to decide who is a worthless parent?

that is the greatest example of intrusive, big gov't. and I though conservatives were for smaller gov't and less intrusion?
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Rodrigue is best know for his Jolie Blonde. The original hangs in a restaurant named after her in the Oil Center, Lafayette.

Last edited by Franco; 12-31-2010 at 10:47 AM.
    It's time we abandon our party affiliations and rather than being good Dems or good Repubs we all become good Americans. MJH345

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    Hmmmm....seems like I've heard that somewhere before, and got attacked for being anti-woman!
    Doesn't matter which sex they are. There are procedures for both.
    It's time we abandon our party affiliations and rather than being good Dems or good Repubs we all become good Americans. MJH345

And who, besides big government and YOU get to decide who is a worthless parent?

that is the greatest example of intrusive, big gov't. and I though conservatives were for smaller gov't and less intrusion?
    OK lets rephrase that. Why should someone be given taxpayer money for their kid. They can either pay for it themselves or if they can't afford it they should give the child up for adoption rather than let the child suffer.
    Let it remain the parent's choice but don't make the taxpayer be funding their child.
    This proposal completely eliminates any big brother. That includes "Big brothers" money.
    Simply put I should not pay for someone's kid.
    I'm all for eliminating all gov't involvement especially gov't (taxpayer) money.
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Doesn't matter which sex they are. There are procedures for both.
    didnt some madman from the 1940's attempt the same sort of maneuver and attempt genocide of entire race of people...surely you're not suggesting something along that path
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Outside of the sterilization topic (I assume most of that was in jest?) how is someone going to the government for a handout and the government wanting to make sure they are not on drugs an intrusion of the government. I had to get a drug test before working for my current job and I don't get free money I have to listen to people complain all day long how their stuff is broke

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    didnt some madman from the 1940's attempt the same sort of maneuver and attempt genocide of entire race of people...surely you're not suggesting something along that path
    No genocide envisioned, and no elimination of entire races. Although we all know it's a pipe dream, what would be wrong with sterilizing losers that can't even take care of themselves? No one race has a monopoly on sorriness, but why should ANY of them get PAID to dump their spawn for the rest of us to pick up the tab for? And we all know the zillions spent on their entitlement isn't being spent on nutritious food and warm clothes, it's going up the parents' noses, slurped out of 40 oz. bottles or smoked; although some of the luckier children get plumped up like fattening hogs on twinkies, Happy Meals and soda.
    Julie R., Hope Springs Farm
    Chesapeake Bay Retrievers since 1981