The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Unsportsmanlike Conduct??

Default Unsportsmanlike Conduct??

did anyone else see the syracuse-kansas game and the 15 yard penalty for the guy making a brief "salute" gesture to the crowd at the back of the endzone?

I guess you better just bow your head and walk humbly back to the sideline after scoring a career touchdown??

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...n=ncaaf-301958

Football is becoming a joke anymore.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

that call along with other like it are determining the outcome of games, 15 yds on the extra point attempt or on the kickoff is way too severe...but you can thank the Ocho Cinco's and T.Owens of the NFL because all these kids want to emulate the antics they see on ESPN and get on the highlight reel
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Yes i seen it and you are right. These colleges are makeing big time money on these kids and they can not do something so trivial. Thats a bunch of BS. It makes me wonder were the money is really being placed

Even those that don't want any type of celebration have to admit that until all games are called equally that type of call is complete BS. On the same drive just a few plays before, a Syracuse defender made a good tackle, got up and started brushing himself. The next game, called by a crew from the same conference, Tennessee players did it on every td they scored and nothing was ever called. It wouldn't surprise me to find out that the KSU player had been doing it all season without penalty. The inconsistency is the issue with that penalty. Kind of scary that starting next year they will be able to take points away because the penalty will negate a td.
    "The thing I admire about the rat tail is that it takes commitment. It's not like one day you just decide you want one, you have to grow out that bad boy and you have to repeatedly convince the hairdresser to trust you because it's a great idea."

Quote Originally Posted by achiro View Post
    Kind of scary that starting next year they will be able to take points away because the penalty will negate a td.
    Are you serious???

Its not a conscious effort, but my enthusiasm for watching football is really in decline.

Has soccer infiltrated the football ranks in an attempt to destroy it?

I agree about Ocho and T, it can go to too far, but this is ridiculous.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Yet another reason I'm losing interest in football:

http://www.postgazette.com/pg/10365/1114730-100.stm

Pitt football has become a real class-less act! (as have many teams)
    When I was a surgical resident at UPMC, I watched the Pitt football squad walk from the hospital back to their field house after a physical. They blatantly threw garbage, food wrappers, and cups right in the middle of campus and on the streets. All the while loudly carrying on in some unintelligible banter.

I vowed they would not ever get one red cent from me, or any other support.

Now this.

I am a big fan of Syracuse and was happy to see them win. The excessive celebration call by the ref though was totally wrong. When the ref's become the story then you know something went wrong. In this case it is exceedingly clear that this call did not have to be made, and since it might have determined the outcome of the game this just makes it all the worst.
    Last edited by cotts135; 01-01-2011 at 06:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    that call along with other like it are determining the outcome of games, 15 yds on the extra point attempt or on the kickoff is way too severe...but you can thank the Ocho Cinco's and T.Owens of the NFL because all these kids want to emulate the antics they see on ESPN and get on the highlight reel
    Ocho stinko and bo might be some of the problem but it comes down to coaching and self disipline.

Well if you did not like the salute how about pointing to "God". All the same "Look at me" crap!
    I would like to see all of these demonstrative "plays" penalized!
    If that happens they will stop!
    Do you job! Nobody in our house of business does all this junk when we do our job and isn't that what all athletes have is a job?
    This is what he was all about!:
    Vinny last hunting year
    53 pheasants in South Dakota 200 + ducks in Idaho
    Lasting memories Vinny was 13+ years old!

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    did anyone else see the syracuse-kansas game and the 15 yard penalty for the guy making a brief "salute" gesture to the crowd at the back of the endzone?

I guess you better just bow your head and walk humbly back to the sideline after scoring a career touchdown??

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...n=ncaaf-301958

Football is becoming a joke anymore.
    You just don't like any rules, do you??

RK
    Stan b & Elvis