The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Whadda Ya Think...

Default Whadda Ya Think...

...would happen if Bush were vacationing in Hawaii while the East Coast is buried in snow freezing their butts off? Do you think Katie, Matt, Rachel, etc. would be all bubbly giving him a pass? My guess is they would be raking him over the coals as irresponsible for wasting taxpayers money and unfeeling by taking a free trip to balmy Hawaii while the rest of the nation suffers.

At least Bush would have been in Crawford, TX regards,
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by M&K's Retrievers View Post
    ...would happen if Bush were vacationing in Hawaii while the East Coast is buried in snow freezing their butts off? Do you think Katie, Matt, Rachel, etc. would be all bubbly giving him a pass? My guess is they would be raking him over the coals as irresponsible for wasting taxpayers money and unfeeling by taking a free trip to balmy Hawaii while the rest of the nation suffers.

At least Bush would have been in Crawford, TX regards,
    mike mike mike....havent you learned?? bush spent too much money on security and communications at the ranch so OF COURSE he would be skewered.

i have been reading about his Hawaiian time, not really a huge boondoggle as presidents go - they all deserve down time - but in consideration of these economic times not really a good example to be set. he should be raising the bar, not taking advantage of it.

and at least Bush 43 was a macho mountain biker, and Bush 41 an avid fisherman. what does O do? ghetto pick-up B-ball and golf, thats all - and he looks like a total dork on a bike. i have seen video of him bodysurfing at Sandy Beach on Oahu. that is the closest he comes to respectability with me - but it was wimpy. let me see him body surf Pipeline or Waimea Bay beach break on a strong north swell and THEN i will shake his hand. or at least stand up on a wave at Waikiki - and thats kindergarten stuff.

biggest kittycat of a president since carter and decades beyond. embarrassing. Putin is way ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by david gibson View Post
    and at least Bush 43 was a macho mountain biker, and Bush 41 an avid fisherman.
    Hey, you're selling W short. Don't forget his macho cheerleading stint!
    I'm sure that had world leaders quaking in their shoes!

Rah Rah Rah Regards!
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    Hey, you're selling W short. Don't forget his macho cheerleading stint!
    I'm sure that had world leaders quaking in their shoes!

Rah Rah Rah Regards!
    Just like Obama with his bicycle crash helmet and sno cone licking. Give me a break.
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

I would consider Basketball a little more macho than bike riding or fishing.
    If memory serves W wasn't all that proficient on his bicycle either.

Didn't he have some injuries that "allegedly" happened because he fell off of his bike?

Quote Originally Posted by mjh345 View Post

Didn't he have some injuries that "allegedly" happened because he fell off of his bike?
    Yeah, if you say so. Obama did get a fat lip and stitches while playing round ball. Wait!! Maybe Michele gave him the fat lip for eating the sno cone and the basketball story was a cover up.
    Last edited by M&K's Retrievers; 01-02-2011 at 08:11 PM.
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

I expect with the record setting pace of rounds of golf completed by a sitting president, that obama must be a he!! of a golfer.
    subroc

Article [I.]
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    Article [II.]
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by mjh345 View Post

clearly you have never mountain biked. in mountain biking, its never "if" but always "when" you will crash. up till 6 yrs ago i was racing in the Texas circuit and yes technically we arent riding mountains but single track in the hills is a blast and easily just as rough and dangerous, just less scenery and long uphills/downhills.

check these videos in texas and tell me you could do this with never an injury:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_G095kLsZ28

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwentQkzuuQ

and utah:

http://www.tvclip.biz/video/a5J1bAmC...moab-utah.html

the roots are killer - hit them at an angle without muscling your wheel over them and down you go. care to hit one of those trees? the average speed after an hour of this will be 11-14 mph, hitting tops at 20+.

you dont get an appreciation of the steepness of some of the inclines but you should be able to tell this is no mamby pamby ride in the park. cross country MTB is the most grueling thing i have ever done, 10 to 15 miles and one to one and a half hours of gut wrenching 110% anerobic balls to the wall riding. easily the hardest thing i have ever done. and casual riding isnt much easier, you just cant go slow very easy, you need momentum to get through so much of it.

when the anti-bushes joked after he crashed that maybe he needed training wheels i died, again, they have no concept of what this type of riding is like. 99% of people couldnt even make it 100 yds, and i would bet the most athletic of you would not be able to keep up with W for even 1/4 mile without several months of training. in 2005 i did an end-O and ripped my rotator cuff severely, and i quit. started to get back into it then got Brady and he took all my spare time that i used to use for biking and i quickly added way too many lbs than i care to mention. the good news is, the bike is prepped and ready and i am headed out for a ride this afternoon. now that i work from home i can fit it in with dog training.

trust me - this:

is VERY VERY different than this:

Last edited by david gibson; 01-03-2011 at 08:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by subroc View Post
    I expect with the record setting pace of rounds of golf completed by a sitting president, that obama must be a he!! of a golfer.
    You weren't around when Ike was the Presidential Golfer.
    Sarge

I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

Quote Originally Posted by david gibson View Post

is VERY VERY different than this:

This image was my point.
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth