The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: yes, such a peaceful, wonderful religion

Banned

Default yes, such a peaceful, wonderful religion

Deep thinker Katie Couric believes that "a seething hatred many people feel for all Muslims" is such a major problem that we need a Muslim version of The Cosby Show to give Americans the warm-and-fuzzies about Islam. Ms. Couric, who lives and works in New York, should examine the data on hate crimes in her state (which may be too much to ask from a woman who earns 8 figures yearly for reading a teleprompter summary of the news). Richards Baehr points out:

11 hate crimes against Muslims, 251 hate crimes against Jews in 2010. Not much evidence of any growth in Islamophobia.But there may be evidence of big growth in hate crimes by Muslims against Jews, once data on individual crimes is released. Maybe what Katie Couric really meant to say was that there was a need for a new Cosby show with a Jewish family.

For my part, I think there are many comic opportunities for a sitcom about a Muslim family dealing with the dilemmas of living in the Great Satan. Clitorectomies, honor killings, shunning infidelas as unclean, and following the prophet's great example in killing Jews all have great potential for heart-warming comedy.

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/...muslim_co.html

It's incredible that people who wipe their backsides with their bare left hand can call anything unclean. How about those seven day sh*tters they wear instead of pants? What could be more disgusting? Muslims never cease to amaze.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by gman0046 View Post
    It's incredible that people who wipe their backsides with their bare left hand can call anything unclean. How about those seven day sh*tters they wear instead of pants? What could be more disgusting? Muslims never cease to amaze.
    interesting take gman. i wonder how many people here realize that in most muslim countries people wipe their bottoms with their bare hand??? it is widespread and accepted - i have seen it and unfortunately lived it. i realized quickly to save newspaper in my 3rd world travels.

saddam hussein was once ridiculed for being photographed using a towel on his hand as he shook other men's hands. they thought it elitist. they didnt realize he didnt want his clean hand (because he was rich and elitist and had a supply of toilet paper..) shaking the hand that may have recently removed excrement from the beholders "bottom". they dont have pump bottles of hand sanitizer everywhere there either. i actually defended Saddam in that case.

how many of you have traveled in places like this??? or knew this is the way a LARGE portion of the world lives? touristy places cater to westerners, get off the beaten path and its a whole new world baby. no toilet paper - use the right hand. and dont bite your nails......
    Last edited by david gibson; 01-04-2011 at 06:30 PM.

Banned

on that same subject, how many of you know what the bathroom habits of latin american immigrants are????

anyone care to opine????

I don't think I want to know. I thought the public restrooms in Western Europe were pretty Third World. And then there's Africa, where most of the populace continues to do their business in their drinking water, dodge African Flying Toilets at night, and they huff their own fermented excrement to catch a buzz.... (((((shudder)))))
    Julie R., Hope Springs Farm
    Chesapeake Bay Retrievers since 1981

Quote Originally Posted by david gibson View Post
    interesting take gman. i wonder how many people here realize that in most muslim countries people wipe their bottoms with their bare hand??? it is widespread and accepted - i have seen it and unfortunately lived it. i realized quickly to save newspaper in my 3rd world travels.

saddam hussein was once ridiculed for being photographed using a towel on his hand as he shook other men's hands. they thought it elitist. they didnt realize he didnt want his clean hand (because he was rich and elitist and had a supply of toilet paper..) shaking the hand that may have recently removed excrement from the beholders "bottom". they dont have pump bottles of hand sanitizer everywhere there either. i actually defended Saddam in that case.

how many of you have traveled in places like this??? or knew this is the way a LARGE portion of the world lives? touristy places cater to westerners, get off the beaten path and its a whole new world baby. no toilet paper - use the right hand. and dont bite your nails......
    Many cannot wait until we "catch up with the rest of the world!!"

I read that right here on POTUS!!!

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Here's more from those friendly and understanding followers of Allah

http://www.nola.com/politics/index.s...o_opposed.html
    Collecting more taxes than is absolutely necessary is legalized robbery. Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by gman0046 View Post
    I must admit....sadly that I laugh my "ARSE" off every time I hear or read that...

First time I heard it was from my my buddy, 101st AB after his 2nd tour...of course he has a different perspective on the issue than I do...I dont begrudge him one bit for his feelings...

NCA

Quote Originally Posted by david gibson View Post
    Deep thinker Katie Couric believes that "a seething hatred many people feel for all Muslims" is such a major problem that we need a Muslim version of The Cosby Show to give Americans the warm-and-fuzzies about Islam. Ms. Couric, who lives and works in New York, should examine the data on hate crimes in her state (which may be too much to ask from a woman who earns 8 figures yearly for reading a teleprompter summary of the news). Richards Baehr points out:

11 hate crimes against Muslims, 251 hate crimes against Jews in 2010. Not much evidence of any growth in Islamophobia.But there may be evidence of big growth in hate crimes by Muslims against Jews, once data on individual crimes is released. Maybe what Katie Couric really meant to say was that there was a need for a new Cosby show with a Jewish family.

For my part, I think there are many comic opportunities for a sitcom about a Muslim family dealing with the dilemmas of living in the Great Satan. Clitorectomies, honor killings, shunning infidelas as unclean, and following the prophet's great example in killing Jews all have great potential for heart-warming comedy.

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/...muslim_co.html
    Was Katie included in the recent discussion about "Stupid"?
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by M&K's Retrievers View Post
    Was Katie included in the recent discussion about "Stupid"?
    she should be!

for those who are so privileged as to not understand life amongst latin american immigrants - i.e future democratic voters, let me enlighten you.

you see, in latin america engineering is very backward. they just dont seem to understand how to build a septic system to last, whatever the reason i dont care, what matters is the end result.

in latin america you dont flush toilet paper. each little stall is provided with a waste basket for you to deposit your used TP.

now in Cancun and Cozamel i know its different - they work hard to make us filthy rich americans feel at home.

but in the real world they toss it in a basket. and if the person whose job it is to empty those baskets fails for whatever reason, the paper gets tossed on the floor. NEVER "down the loo".

so, these same souls come here, and at some time they must answer natures call. they see no waste basket, so even though they are a maid or a busboy at a 5-star Windham they toss their paper on the floor.

we have perfectly operating septic systems and state of the art wastewater treatment systems here, yet the word does not get out that the TP can be flushed.

its so nice to go to the restroom and be confronted with a 2-foot high pile of used TP, typically decorated with a feminine hygiene product or two.. in america. in a 5-star hotel or fortune 100 corporate HQ in downtown Houston, San Antonio, Dallas, Phoenix, etc.

yeah - we need to catch up with the rest of the world!!!! LOL!!!!!