The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Soc. Sec. rate Change

Quote Originally Posted by david gibson View Post
    so non-citizens committing acts of terrorism against us on foreign soil deserve all the same protection and rights of any US citizen here at home would get in a criminal case, and undocumented, illegal aliens that break the law and sneak across the border deserve free medical care, education for their kids, welfare, food stamps, etc even though they pay no taxes and send much of their cash home, but a LEGAL resident alien who pays into the SS system deserves nothing?
    Yep, that's exactly the way it works. Makes sense, right?

Can't wait to see the spin on that one from JD...

Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post
    Good...you pay her. If short term is a bitch... then call her short term.

How did that startin' a JH thing two years ago work out? JD
    It worked out fine for the few months I did it....then I found that like most things and people.....IT IS OVER RATED!!!!!!!

His first go...my fault. His second His fault...his last two were a walk in the park.

I gave it up...I dont need a ribbon or title....and he doesnt either!!!!!!

What I need is a dog that will double or triple a blind in a actual HUNT and he does that better than any dog I have had or have hunt with. He also works a field for upland better than any dog I have had or have hunt with.

I guess my weekend warrior will have to be satisfied with being a dog that hunts to hunt...not be good behind a piece of fabric, heel to two pieces of ribbon on the ground, wait for a few caged birds to "magicly" pop up and be shot by someone hiding behind a few other pieces of fabric, pretend to be intrested race to them, pick them up, bring them back and then get holed up in a car for a long period of time and finally at the end of what I can only imagine is a boring day for him get a stupid ass ribbon he could careless about.

So if your concern for my 2 year old Sig, on my dogs HT status is that important to you...let me put it to bed for you...

HE DOESNT GIVE TWO S#!TS about it...and neither does his owner. I didnt come to this forum to rack up paperwork and ribbons, I came here to get some basic insight on how to SELF train my dog and that is exactly what I accomplished...he made two passes, and would walk right through his next two...prob would do well at SH as well, might not make it beyond that but like I said....HE doesnt CARE.

He cares about....REAL Land Blinds, Real Boat Blinds, Real birds that get called in, and BITCHES in HEAT (and that damn yorky next door is driving him crazy)

Worry less about my dogs accolades, and more about your hypocrisy regards,

NCA

Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post
    Personally luvy, I don't think resident aliens should get squat. Particularly those that piss and moan to the degree that you do. You want something, get it from GB, your native country. You want something from us, become a citizen. I don't care what you paid in, you deserve nothing. JD
    AM I CLEAR?
    JD
    Now, maybe one of the snarks will come to your defense...
    So lets see. I made 2 posts on this thread, neither of which was a political comment.
    One was a reply as to where to find the current correct SS witholding info for an employer. The second one was a response as to the current retirement age which tends to be reported in all media sources in a technically correct manner while also being very misleading.
    What did I say that deserves an attack?
    By the way don't you think that if the law were changed to require citizenship in order to recover money that has been confiscated by the US gov't from me for more than 30 years I would become a citizen for no other reason to get back my hard earned money?
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

Quote Originally Posted by david gibson View Post
    FOAD DG
    You have said this approximately three bazillion times in the last couple of days. What did I miss????

Okay...That is kinda what I guessed by using my super duper deductive reasoning and reading comprehension skills.

Who's Gary Rafferty? Too young to know apparently...

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    The SS administration publishes the calculation. I have worked it out before but I don't have the patience to track it down right now. It is not a very favorable calculation to those who have contributed the most.

Anyhow, at 12.2% paid into social security on $40k a year, that comes out to $4880/year. Over 45 years the total is $219,000. Lets assume however that instead of just stuffing that money into a mattress it is invested in an account that pays 3% annually. Lets assume that you deposit the money at the end of the first year and do the same at the end of each year for 45 years. At the end of 45 years you've accumulated just over $450,000. Then lets assume you have one child and you make that child a deal. You'll lend that child the entire $450,000 for a mortgage on a house. You want 3% interest and you want the loan to be paid back monthly for 15 years. Your child will be responsible for paying you just over $3000/month.

I've paid in the maximum for over 15 years, so I have averaged a bit more than $40,000 over that time. I started paying in the first time in 1974, so I've been paying for 36 years so far and will keep paying hopefully for another 17, for a total of 53 years. The calculation told me that my max benefit would be right around $2000/month. Hope I live longer than 15 years after retirement!

But the fact is, I will probably be told to go screw myself, YOU GET NOTHING!

Of course there is the complication of inflation and variable earnings.
    Sorry my calculations were off of a 2% reductions sense someone said that 10% would be more than enough to live off of. Either way I don't see how anyone was ever duped into believing that SS would fulfill retirement needs. 2000 a month is hardly anything and that is with you paying in max for at least 15 years. If the fund really is an off the budget fund I also fail to see how being able to opt out would crash the system. Hell you can keep the amount I've already paid in. I would rather take MY 12% and place it somewhere getting interest. and the people that want to let the government be their savings account are more than welcome to.

And yes Doc I'm 23 so SS is a ways off and not always on the forefront of thought for me...hence I had the question

Damn it...... DNF flipped and I missed it...... jealous regards.......

And the steeler wheels wasn't it? Stuck in the middle with you, Bakers street. Dang youngsters! scares the hell out of me when i use a line from Deliverence and the kid has no idea what I am talking about. you age yourself real quick! Duck, you heard of Deliverence? and it's Gerry! Definitely not a legend, liked his music but not a legend.
    CPR HRCH Scott's Sweet Brandy
    Kankakee River HRC
    NRA Life Member
    Pheasants Forever
    Delta Waterfowl

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ducknwork View Post
    Yep, that's exactly the way it works. Makes sense, right?

Can't wait to see the spin on that one from JD...
    still no spin on that post #20.....

Quote Originally Posted by Cody Covey View Post
    Sorry my calculations were off of a 2% reductions sense someone said that 10% would be more than enough to live off of. Either way I don't see how anyone was ever duped into believing that SS would fulfill retirement needs. 2000 a month is hardly anything and that is with you paying in max for at least 15 years. If the fund really is an off the budget fund I also fail to see how being able to opt out would crash the system. Hell you can keep the amount I've already paid in. I would rather take MY 12% and place it somewhere getting interest. and the people that want to let the government be their savings account are more than welcome to.

And yes Doc I'm 23 so SS is a ways off and not always on the forefront of thought for me...hence I had the question

no, that's not what i said at all. i said that 10% of your earnings paid into social security over 40 years, if allowed to accrue a modest interest rate, would cover the payout of your social security fund if you lived another 15 or so years after retirement.

in my opinion, that would only be about 35-40% of what you need at retirement to maintain a decent quality of life. and that's at present. by the time you retire, you may need substantially more to maintain your standard of living. save every dollar you can, and depend on no one's help, would be my advice.-Paul
    there's no good reason to fatten up a retriever.