The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Soc. Sec. rate Change

Quote Originally Posted by Doc E View Post
    As part of the Tax Relief, Unemployment Insurance Reauthorization and Job Creation Act of 2010 that was recently signed into law, the 2011 Social Security tax rate has been reduced from 6.2% to 4.2% effective January 1, 2011. This 2% decrease reduces applicable Social Security tax that will be deducted from your pay during 2011.

You don't owe 6.2% as has been the case, you owe 4.2%. The employer still pays 6.2% on your behalf. So instead of a total of 12.4% of your wages going to SS, 10.4% does. It is seen as a way to give wage earners a tax break.

t doesn't make much sense to rob from an account that is already paying out more than it is taking in.
    There is nothing that prevents the wage earner from saving that money to invest, which is what we would have done. There is nothing that says it has to be spent.

Some advice for the youngsters - be sure your retirement stool has 4 legs, possibly 5. Those would be SS, Job related, investment stocks as both Mutual Funds & individual stocks, quality Bonds & enough savings to live a minimum of 1 year through a catastrophe (meaning more cash related, savings, CD's that equal more than 1 years livng expenses). If you don't have that you can't afford to retire................

Compounding is a wonderful thing. Had the feds invested those monies paid in since I was a Paperboy at 12, in T-bonds at the current rate when the money was earned, bought a little disability coverage, there would be a nice pile to tide us over in our golden years.

But, you have to remember, SS was also an insurance plan which guaranteed an income, however meager to your survivors or to yourself in case of disability.

IMO, this is a 1st step toward private accounts which IMO would be the salvation of this program for the youngsters, which all of you who have posted are .

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    Those would be SS, Job related, investment stocks as both Mutual Funds & individual stocks, quality Bonds & enough savings to live a minimum of 1 year through a catastrophe (meaning more cash related, savings, CD's that equal more than 1 years livng expenses).

Don't forget 15% to 20% of "market" investments in Precious Metals.
    Silver is ready to really bust out.

Last edited by Doc E; 01-06-2011 at 07:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nor_Cal_Angler View Post
    It worked out fine for the few months I did it....then I found that like most things and people.....IT IS OVER RATED!!!!!!!

His first go...my fault. His second His fault...his last two were a walk in the park.

I gave it up...I dont need a ribbon or title....and he doesnt either!!!!!!

What I need is a dog that will double or triple a blind in a actual HUNT and he does that better than any dog I have had or have hunt with. He also works a field for upland better than any dog I have had or have hunt with.

I guess my weekend warrior will have to be satisfied with being a dog that hunts to hunt...not be good behind a piece of fabric, heel to two pieces of ribbon on the ground, wait for a few caged birds to "magicly" pop up and be shot by someone hiding behind a few other pieces of fabric, pretend to be intrested race to them, pick them up, bring them back and then get holed up in a car for a long period of time and finally at the end of what I can only imagine is a boring day for him get a stupid ass ribbon he could careless about.

So if your concern for my 2 year old Sig, on my dogs HT status is that important to you...let me put it to bed for you...

HE DOESNT GIVE TWO S#!TS about it...and neither does his owner. I didnt come to this forum to rack up paperwork and ribbons, I came here to get some basic insight on how to SELF train my dog and that is exactly what I accomplished...he made two passes, and would walk right through his next two...prob would do well at SH as well, might not make it beyond that but like I said....HE doesnt CARE.

He cares about....REAL Land Blinds, Real Boat Blinds, Real birds that get called in, and BITCHES in HEAT (and that damn yorky next door is driving him crazy)

Worry less about my dogs accolades, and more about your hypocrisy regards,

NCA
    Sounds like the kind of bird dog every good ole country boy wants to hunt over. It's the kind my husband liked. My husband would never have cared for ribbons.....just birds and the chance to be away from people from the office.
    It was his relaxation not another stress producing exercise. He and the dog came home happy just having been out together and hunting together. It was a joy to see them come home from one of those good hunts. Birds were a bonus

Quote Originally Posted by charly_t View Post
    Sounds like the kind of bird dog every good ole country boy wants to hunt over. It's the kind my husband liked. My husband would never have cared for ribbons.....just birds and the chance to be away from people from the office.
    It was his relaxation not another stress producing exercise. He and the dog came home happy just having been out together and hunting together. It was a joy to see them come home from one of those good hunts. Birds were a bonus
    BINGO..BINGO...BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!

It sounds like your husband was my kinda hunting partner....a good ole country boy traped in the city always trying to get away from it.

I enjoy sitting in low fog...cant see much outside gun range, cant hear much, cant keep warm but not to cold....and I look to my left and my boys head lift up...ears perk the way only a lab's can...you see his eyes dart...his nostral's flare in that same way a snakes tougne tastes the air...he shoots his head out slowly but delibertly and looks back at me as if to say...c'mon man you mean to tell me you cant hear that...its right over there...from the left...here I'll look back over there for ya...he kinda gets in the half sit half squat position...tail stiff as a board directly out back..the posture that tells ya he is ready to jump at the slightest slip of his name...I look at him as I say to myself good lord I know he wants this sooooooo bad, but I still cant see what he hears....

Then it happens and in from the left comes that slightest of sounds that you know from experience is a tight group...maybe only a hand full..so you call out...and wait...and then you call out again...and get a reply....

From that point on...my boy knows....GAME ON!!!!!!!!!

There isnt a ribbon in the world worth that, and there isnt a ribbon in the world worth my boys head in my lap on the ride home with his big brown eyes looking up saying...Thanks for that one dad!!!!!

He comes from Field Trail Champ and Master Hunt lines...will he make it...NOPE...I dont make any claims that he will....in different hands with a different agenda do I think he would....NOT A DOUBT IN MY MIND...I went to a few trials, and hunt tests I have seen what they have to offer and I KNOW he can do it...But I dont need him to prove that to ANYONE ELSE...who's glory is it for...not his...he doesnt care.

Sorry to hijack here, but someone got their ASS handed to them...and the best they could do was to make a comment about a two year old signature line, regarding a dog not going after a JH. I guess I should change my signature line to....PROUD OWNER OF BARRACUDA BLUE RYDER'S GUSTO who's owner decided to pull him from competition because he felt it was a waste of his time and money and didnt need a ribbon and a few letters after a name on a piece of paper to tell him or anyone else that his dog is an exellent hunting animal.

NCA

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    But, you have to remember, SS was also an insurance plan which guaranteed an income, however meager to your survivors or to yourself in case of disability.
    Good point. Some income in the case of disability or death - in the case of dependent children.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

OK NCA. Ya wanna play snarky, I'll play snarky witcha. DG has bored me to tears, so you can be a target for a while. OK? Now go down and I'll take it one point at a time. I know you good ole country boys read slow.

Quote Originally Posted by Nor_Cal_Angler View Post
    BINGO..BINGO...BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!

It sounds like your husband was my kinda hunting partner....a good ole country boy traped in the city always trying to get away from it.

I enjoy sitting in low fog...cant see much outside gun range, cant hear much, cant keep warm but not to cold....and I look to my left and my boys head lift up...ears perk the way only a lab's can...you see his eyes dart...his nostral's flare in that same way a snakes tougne tastes the air...he shoots his head out slowly but delibertly and looks back at me as if to say...c'mon man you mean to tell me you cant hear that...its right over there...from the left...here I'll look back over there for ya...he kinda gets in the half sit half squat position Creeper eh...? tail stiff as a board directly out back..the posture that tells ya he is ready to jump at the slightest slip of his name...I look at him as I say to myself good lord I know he wants this sooooooo bad, but I still cant see what he hears....

Then it happens and in from the left comes that slightest of sounds that you know from experience is a tight group...maybe only a hand full..so you call out...and wait...and then you call out again...and get a reply....Yeah nobody else here hunts

From that point on...my boy knows....GAME ON!!!!!!!!!WOW whatta unique experience

There isnt a ribbon in the world worth that,well you'll never know, will you? and there isnt a ribbon in the world worth my boys head in my lap on the ride home with his big brown eyes looking up saying...Thanks for that one dad!!!!!I think most here have dogs with brown eyes...except for a few yellow chessie eyes.

He comes from Field Trail Champ and Master Hunt lines...Gee, thats rare here. will he make it...NOPE...I dont make any claims that he will....in different hands with a different agenda do I think he would....NOT A DOUBT IN MY MIND...But you'll never know will you?I went to a few trials, and hunt tests I have seen what they have to offer and I KNOW he can do it...Do you, really? But I dont need him to prove that to ANYONE ELSE...You could see for yourself. who's glory is it for...not his...he doesnt care. I'll agree on that.

Sorry to hijack here, No you're not, but someone got their ASS handed to them...Everyone's ass is on the line everytime they post, and the best they could do was to make a comment about a two year old signature line, regarding a dog not going after a JH. Geeze, all a JH proves is that the dog has a pulse. I guess I should change my signature line to....PROUD OWNER OF BARRACUDA BLUE RYDER'S GUSTO who's owner decided to pull him from competition because he felt it was a waste of his time and money and didnt need a ribbon and a few letters after a name on a piece of paper to tell him or anyone else that his dog is an exellent hunting animal. Enjoy your meat dog!!

NCA
    Now as to luvy...The 14th amendment has nothing to do with her green card card and whether or not she should be afforded the rights of a citizen...she is not a citizen. The 14th amendment has to do with equal protection under the law...not equal rights. Personally, I think Luvy should be deported for sedition.

Anyway, good hunting to you and "Gusto".

I should go back and correct spelling and punctuation, but I don't think I will.

My skin is very thick, is yours? regards,

JD
    Last edited by JDogger; 01-06-2011 at 10:55 PM.
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

Quote Originally Posted by Doc E View Post
    Don't forget 15% to 20% of "market" investments in Precious Metals.
    Silver is ready to really bust out.
    That's what the Hunt Bros thought when they cornered the AG market & lost their shirts. I'm a Mining Engineer so know a little about the business. My thoughts would go to TI & associated low volume high usage minerals, AG not being one of them. Were I to go AU it would be an ETF but the time for that is long past. Rare Earths also rate a look but one has to realize in the Mining business that optimism many times overshadows actual facts.

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

"please tell me your not serious about correcting my grammer...."

"I should go back and correct spelling and punctuation, but I don't think I will."

I was refering to mine. JD
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

Banned

Calm down jake, its just like football in here. no matter what names they call you and others and no matter how they go as low as talk trash about your best pal both sides are guilty if you retaliate. heck, i didnt even retaliate with return name calling, i just played the fish for laughs and i still got placed in the penalty box. just let it ride. i can imagine how hard it is when your dog is insulted but you have to let it ride.

i'm with you bro

notice there is still no explanation to post 20? so far no one has even tried to spin that, i wonder why? because it defies all their previous logic and exposes their hypocrisy?

we win.
    Last edited by david gibson; 01-07-2011 at 09:12 AM.

NC Angler,
    I'm so sorry your dog was attacked by JD because you defended me. I'm sure your dog lives the life many dogs would love to have. It makes one wonder what kind of life his dogs actually live.
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI