The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: HELP US BEAT THE DEMOCRATS! Vote to save more labs AND more...

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Are you asking everyone?
    Which includes me?

Cause I belong to WATKC (AKC), WISILL (HRC), FVRC (AKC) and a national member of NAHRA & HRC.

I worked 3 AKC HT's last year=6 days (ran my dog in 5), worked 1 FT=2 days (didn't run, I am not good enough), worked in 3 HRC events (ran in 3), worked at the WATKC Jamboree.

I apprentice judges and judged 1 AKC JH.
    I am scheduled to judge 2 events this year.
    I don't care what the AKC site says, it's wrong I can prove it.

I am active with the FVRC club as we train 2 nites a week and 1 weekend day.
    But that is only in the spring/summer/fall.
    And in that club we all do more working to help each other than training our own dogs.

I am training now with WISILL (HRC) to compete for an upland title yet this winter.
    I went to the Evan Graham seminars hosted by the WISILL HRC club the last 2 years and volunteered some time for those as well.

2 years ago ('09) I compaigned my pup in NAHRA in IA & MN (a several hour ride for us) and ran in 9 tests as well as my GF volunteering time as a Marshall.

Meager by some standards, and I ain't bragging, I love doing it!!!
    Not a chair or officer, but I hope to get even more involved as I learn more.

............and you?

stan b

Oh. and I have found out where all the Wal-Mart parking lots are and my windshield is spotless!!!
    no that was addressed to Gibson. he pulled his posts.

since you asked; i'm a member of Shoreline and Yankee Waterfowlers. i do the equipment manager/bird steward job at the Yankee tests

i judge and run AKC, HRC and NAHRA tests and have judged a few AKC FT's, last year to the tune of 11 weekends.

i have chaired many tests for all 3 orgs in both clubs over the last 20 years and been test secretary for 2 (never again-HORRIBLE job! hat's off to anyone that takes that on). i have marshaled the Derby for Shoreline the last 2 years. i am test chairman for our Nahra test this year and have 6 judging assignments so far.

i'm not bragging either. some folks do more, i'm sure.

i enjoyed that joke! i shared it with a couple co-workers that liked it as well. even a rock has a sense of humor, LOL!-Paul
    there's no good reason to fatten up a retriever.

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Are you asking everyone?
    Which includes me?

Cause I belong to WATKC (AKC), WISILL (HRC), FVRC (AKC) and a national member of NAHRA & HRC.

I worked 3 AKC HT's last year=6 days (ran my dog in 5), worked 1 FT=2 days (didn't run, I am not good enough), worked in 3 HRC events (ran in 3), worked at the WATKC Jamboree.

I apprentice judges and judged 1 AKC JH.
    I am scheduled to judge 2 events this year.
    I don't care what the AKC site says, it's wrong I can prove it.

I am active with the FVRC club as we train 2 nites a week and 1 weekend day.
    But that is only in the spring/summer/fall.
    And in that club we all do more working to help each other than training our own dogs.

I am training now with WISILL (HRC) to compete for an upland title yet this winter.
    I went to the Evan Graham seminars hosted by the WISILL HRC club the last 2 years and volunteered some time for those as well.

2 years ago ('09) I compaigned my pup in NAHRA in IA & MN (a several hour ride for us) and ran in 9 tests as well as my GF volunteering time as a Marshall.

Meager by some standards, and I ain't bragging, I love doing it!!!
    Not a chair or officer, but I hope to get even more involved as I learn more.

............and you?

stan b

Oh. and I have found out where all the Wal-Mart parking lots are and my windshield is spotless!!!
    Stan i know this is kriste thead but sure would like some info on hrc upland test . Thanks jake

I judged my first all age AKC test in 1972. I have over 60 all age points and have judged a National AM. I started the Fort Collins Club with one pointer, and 3 lab guys in 1968. I have been field trial chair, gun captain, bird Stewart, marshaled so many times I have lost track. I have laid in ditches and planted blinds and taped live ducks feet & wings when that was OK in field trials. I have lived gun and dry gunned & taught others.Have had a nut case drunk call my wife and threaten to burn our home and kill our dogs because his friends were found guilty of unsportsmanlike like conduct (they were guilty as sin) and he was not even at the trial. Call me a crazy Democrat who loves the dogs and the completion.
    Have been a member of all 5 clubs in the Rocky Mt. area.
    Dropped my Membership in NRA & Ducks Unlimited because of their political contributions and the negative false marketing they do. I did vote to support Kristie even though Hannity made this a political issue. It is not and neither is gun control, abortion or euthanasia. And I am for term limits.
    This is what he was all about!:
    Vinny last hunting year
    53 pheasants in South Dakota 200 + ducks in Idaho
    Lasting memories Vinny was 13+ years old!

The other shoe has dropped.....

Eric

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/01/06/bu...q=Pepsi&st=cse

http://tinyurl.com/2eelsqm

New Charges of Cheating Tarnish Pepsi Fund-Raising Contest for Nonprofits
    By STEPHANIE STROM
    Published: January 5, 2011

Pepsi Refresh, the online fund-raising contest with a $20 million giveaway for charitable causes and nonprofit groups, is again receiving complaints that its results are being manipulated.

A few nonprofit groups say that recent winners have used a mysterious service to propel themselves into the winning ranks, and complain that the practice breaks Pepsi’s ban on proxy voting and on votes from international locations.

“I feel like we were cheated out of a win,” said Ann Goody, a founder of the Three Ring Ranch, an exotic-animal sanctuary in Kona, Hawaii, that participated in the contest for many months. “We worked our hearts out with e-mails, phone calls, Facebook, kids handing out candy canes at Wal-Mart and then we find out our win was stolen from us by people breaking the rules.”

-more-

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Johnson View Post

Eric

By STEPHANIE STROM

Pepsi Refresh, the online fund-raising contest with a $20 million giveaway for charitable causes and nonprofit groups, is again receiving complaints that its results are being manipulated.

A few nonprofit groups say that recent winners have used a mysterious service to propel themselves into the winning ranks, and complain that the practice breaks Pepsi’s ban on proxy voting and on votes from international locations.

“I feel like we were cheated out of a win,” said Ann Goody, a founder of the Three Ring Ranch, an exotic-animal sanctuary in Kona, Hawaii, that participated in the contest for many months. “We worked our hearts out with e-mails, phone calls, Facebook, kids handing out candy canes at Wal-Mart and then we find out our win was stolen from us by people breaking the rules.”

-more-
    That is a shame.
    It angries up the blood.......

stan b
    Stan b & Elvis

Kristie Wilder

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Johnson View Post

Eric

By STEPHANIE STROM
    Yeah, I've been watching that closely. Some of the causes I "know" personally have mentioned being approached by interests overseas to rig their voting. I have never had anyone contact us -- I'm kind of insulted??? LOL But probably better that way.

At the same time... You really have to WORK this contest. It has been a TON of work for us small groups. I'm really proud of what we've accomplished and I pray we're still up there on Jan 31st...

THANK YOU ALL (or most of you LOL) for your support. I appreciate it.

And I didn't mean to insult anyone. I just thought it went with the ambiance, shall we say, of this forum.

Another story on this situation.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...,2993832.story

Eric

You have my vote.....keep up the good work!!!!

NCA

Quote Originally Posted by paul young View Post
    enlighten me. tell me about the tests or trials that you have chaired, or been secretary or gun captain for, or judged, or which clubs you have been an officer in. i may be wrong.....-Paul
    I can't tell you about them...because they don't exist...never even entered a test. Dixie just fetches dead ducks.

Yesterday, she made 3 blind retrieves and another mark on buffleheads in the big water.

Don't need no stinkin' ribbon here!

Quote Originally Posted by ducknwork View Post
    I can't tell you about them...because they don't exist...never even entered a test. Dixie just fetches dead ducks.

Yesterday, she made 3 blind retrieves and another mark on buffleheads in the big water.

Don't need no stinkin' ribbon here!
    no one needs to respond to that. it was for Gibson, but he deleted his posts and sent me a couple PM's. i'm don't delete posts, but if it causing confusion, i guess i could.-Paul
    there's no good reason to fatten up a retriever.