The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

View Poll Results: What will happen in Congress now?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Actual change

7 31.82%
  • Business as usual

15 68.18%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Change?

Default Change?

All right...now that the new Congress is in...this is pretty cool...they started with a reading of the Constitution. Republicans are saying that this is 'proof' that they are going to change the way things are done and abide by the Constitution.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_house_constitution

Who thinks this is for real and the Constitution will be more closely followed and who thinks it's just a dog a pony show and it will be business as usual soon?
    Last edited by ducknwork; 01-06-2011 at 02:21 PM.

It will take time for ANYTHING to happen, but it's my expectations it will. I know our representative has nothing on her agenda but to reduce spending by the feds. She alone wouldn't stand a chance, but she's quite confident her new congressional members are on the same page, and will work to convince the established representatives they are serious and will be relentless in their demands for cutting spending and working towards getting the budget in order.

If she and the rest of the newbies are able to stop this runaway wreck, it will be a true accomplishment. I'm anxious to see how they handle the current challenge of offsetting the increase in the debt limit. That will be the first item on the new agenda, and it will be the initial gauge to judge by.

UB
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.

To answer this question, you don't have to look very far for PROOF, not just conjecture.
    Remember 2000-2006? Republican president, republican House, republican Senate.
    Largest deficit spending in our nation's entire history.
    'nuff said.

Oh, I suppose this crew could be different?
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    To answer this question, you don't have to look very far for PROOF, not just conjecture.
    'nuff said.

and how is that "proof"?
    how does this house, senate, and pres equal that in 2000-2006? all 3 were rep then, not now. so yeah, this crew is different.

please enlighten us.
    Last edited by david gibson; 01-06-2011 at 09:31 PM.

Term limits for all!
    This is what he was all about!:
    Vinny last hunting year
    53 pheasants in South Dakota 200 + ducks in Idaho
    Lasting memories Vinny was 13+ years old!

Go Broncos!
    Last edited by sinner; 01-06-2011 at 09:31 PM. Reason: wrong message
    This is what he was all about!:
    Vinny last hunting year
    53 pheasants in South Dakota 200 + ducks in Idaho
    Lasting memories Vinny was 13+ years old!

'nuff said.

Why can't they be different? The voters are much more informed now than 2000-2006 and I think they know it. The GOP suffered by not doing the right thing when they were in power. The voters threw their asses out. The Dems didn't learn. They thought the voters gave them a right to rob and steal. Guess what? Most of their asses are gone. You and most of the libs here continue to refer to what was rather than what can be. Let's fix it now with the people who are there rather than automatically assume they will be as bad as the previous band of idiots. Those 2006-2006 Reps are gone and so are most of the 2008-2010 dems. Why not give the new class a chance?

JSTFUABIOUA regards,
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Quote Originally Posted by M&K's Retrievers View Post
    Why can't they be different? The voters are much more informed now than 2000-2006 and I think they know it. The GOP suffered by not doing the right thing when they were in power. The voters threw their asses out. The Dems didn't learn. They thought the voters gave them a right to rob and steal. Guess what? Most of their asses are gone. You and most of the libs here continue to refer to what was rather than what can be. Let's fix it now with the people who are there rather than automatically assume they will be as bad as the previous band of idiots. Those 2006-2006 Reps are gone and so are most of the 2008-2010 dems. Why not give the new class a chance?

JSTFUABIOUA regards,
    I'm willing to give them a chance. Perhaps I'm not as optimistic as you are, but I'll give them a chance.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Banned

'nuff said........I'm willing to give them a chance. Perhaps I'm not as optimistic as you are, but I'll give them a chance.
    i still dont understand how you think a rep pres, senate, and house in 2000-2006 is proof this group that is dem pres, dem senate, and rep house is going to be just like them.

that makes zero sense. please enlighten us, unless you realize that was not a very smart thing to say..
    Last edited by david gibson; 01-06-2011 at 10:24 PM.

I'm willing to give them a chance. Perhaps I'm not as optimistic as you are, but I'll give them a chance.
    Why not? What have you got to lose? Let this new batch at least have the opportunity to screw up before we cut their legs out.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth