The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19

Thread: $3 dollar gas

  1. #1
    Senior Member pat addis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    galesburg
    Posts
    612

    Default $3 dollar gas

    ok with gas about to get nuts how is obama and his crowd going to blame bush .yardley?

  2. #2
    Senior Member Buzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Brookings, South Dakota
    Posts
    6,815

    Default

    A post of mine from that other thread about oil/gas. You would never know this from listening to the pot shots taken by Republicans.

    As of the last trading day of 2010 the light, crude prices had risen as much as 15 percent above prices on the corresponding day of the previous year. Analysts broadly attributed the considerable rise to factors like improved macro economic outlook globally, the fall in the value of the U.S. dollar and strong inventory figures. However, conservative think tanks in the U.S. maintained that Obama administration's drilling policies have led to a spike in prices.

    Must Read

    China's J-20 stealth fighter pictures leaked
    Which among Spain, Portugal and Italy can hold its debts the longest?

    They argue that Obama administration's actions like cancelling permits in states like Utah and Montana, delaying of offshore leasing, imposition of moratorium on offshore oil and gas drilling and the call for higher taxes on oil company profits have all fuelled the gasoline price boom.

    CALLS FOR MORE DRILLING

    As gasoline prices are rising in the U.S. there are increasing calls for expediting drilling. However, it has been pointed out that U.S. oil drilling was going at a 23-year high during the last year. Starr Spencer, writing in Platts, said US oil drilling returned to late 1987 levels in 2010. Citing the Baker Hughes rig count, he wrote that in the last week of the year the US oil-directed rig count rose to 771 rigs, which surpassed the all-time high over the last 23 years.

    There are many who argue that frenzied drilling aimed at holding gas prices back is not the right thing to do and that these will only help Big Oil to fatten their bottom lines. "Not surprisingly, we are hearing this from incoming Republicans who will now be running the U.S. House of Representatives. They are eager to find any excuse to support the agenda of the oil industry, which is to have increased access to land for drilling purposes and to preserve lucrative tax breaks and subsidies," says Tyson Slocum, Director of Public Citizenís Energy Program.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

    Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    3,928

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    A post of mine from that other thread about oil/gas. You would never know this from listening to the pot shots taken by Republicans.

    >>>
    CALLS FOR MORE DRILLING

    As gasoline prices are rising in the U.S. there are increasing calls for expediting drilling. However, it has been pointed out that U.S. oil drilling was going at a 23-year high during the last year. Starr Spencer, writing in Platts, said US oil drilling returned to late 1987 levels in 2010. Citing the Baker Hughes rig count, he wrote that in the last week of the year the US oil-directed rig count rose to 771 rigs, which surpassed the all-time high over the last 23 years.<<<
    no facts or figures here and no time to find them, but i do feel the bold statement is not entirely accurate. maybe the rig count is at an all-time high, but consumption is up to - more people, more cars, etc - so the real number would be the relationship of the rig count, production volume, and consumption all combined, right? rig count alone is a meaningless number. if rig count doubled since 1990 and consumption quadrupled and production did not keep up then the above argument doesnt hold water, does it?

    insufficient facts are just as bad as false facts.

  4. #4
    Senior Member Franco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Lafayette, La.
    Posts
    10,801

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by david gibson View Post
    no facts or figures here and no time to find them, but i do feel the bold statement is not entirely accurate. maybe the rig count is at an all-time high, but consumption is up to - more people, more cars, etc - so the real number would be the relationship of the rig count, production volume, and consumption all combined, right? rig count alone is a meaningless number. if rig count doubled since 1990 and consumption quadrupled and production did not keep up then the above argument doesnt hold water, does it?

    insufficient facts are just as bad as false facts.
    I agree, rig count is meaningless. They could be drilling for natural gas not oil. The amount of oil produced on land in the lower 48 is insignificant.

    Reality is that we have massive reserves within our boarders and offshore yet, the current administration would rather buy imported oil and we all know where most of that comes from.

    Oil that gets produced within our boarders gets refined here and is consumed here. It is clear that the current administration is being unreasonable with thier vague new regulations.

    $4-$5 a gallon at the pump is a sure way to purge the Dems from DC! Get ready for the price of everything to go up in unison with the cost of gasoline.
    Last edited by Franco; 01-07-2011 at 01:53 PM.
    It's time we abandon our party affiliations and rather than being good Dems or good Repubs we all become good Americans. MJH345

  5. #5
    Senior Member Uncle Bill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Rapid City, SD
    Posts
    4,289

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    I agree, rig count is meaningless. They could be drilling for natural gas not oil. The amount of oil produced on land in the lower 48 is insignificant.

    Reality is that we have massive reserves within our boarders and offshore yet, the current administration would rather buy imported oil and we all know where most of that comes from.

    Oil that gets produced within our boarders gets refined here and is consumed here. It is clear that the current administration is being unreasonable with thier vague new regulations.

    $4-$5 a gallon at the pump is a sure way to purge the Dems from DC! Get ready for the price of everything to go up in unison with the cost of gasoline.

    You mean like the Big Easy got rid of a Democrat mayor after his uncountable blunders?

    Dems/libs/socialists couldn't care less about what happens in this nation, or how they are making it into a communistic country, it's Democrats ubber alles. As long as they have a breath left in them, they will keep braying about everything being Bush's fault.

    UB
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.

  6. #6
    Senior Member Buzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Brookings, South Dakota
    Posts
    6,815

    Default

    Here is some info on production.

    http://www.prnewswire.com/news-relea...-76020227.html

    U.S. Crude Oil Production in 2009 Poised To Show Biggest Jump in Almost 40 Years: Platts Analysis





    NEW YORK, Nov. 27 /PRNewswire/ -- Platts - United States crude oil production for 2009 is on target to have its biggest one-year jump since 1970, according to a Platts analysis of industry data.

    With U.S. oil production averaging 5.268 million barrels per day (b/d) through October, the gain in U.S. output will be the most since the country produced 9.637-million b/d in 1970, which turned out to be the peak year of U.S. crude output, according to Platts' analysis of data published by the U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA). If that 5.268 million b/d figure holds through December, this year would show a 6.4% boost from the 4.95 million b/d average of 2008 and rank as the best U.S. oil production year since 2004, when output averaged 5.419 million b/d.

    For comparison, in the 40 years since U.S. oil production peaked annual output has jumped only eight times. Seven of those increases were minimal; only in 1978 was there a jump of significant magnitude, an increase of 5.6%, to 8.7 million b/d.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

    Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

  7. #7
    Senior Member dnf777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Western Pa
    Posts
    6,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    I agree, rig count is meaningless. They could be drilling for natural gas not oil. The amount of oil produced on land in the lower 48 is insignificant.

    Reality is that we have massive reserves within our boarders and offshore yet, the current administration would rather buy imported oil and we all know where most of that comes from.

    Oil that gets produced within our boarders gets refined here and is consumed here. It is clear that the current administration is being unreasonable with thier vague new regulations.

    $4-$5 a gallon at the pump is a sure way to purge the Dems from DC! Get ready for the price of everything to go up in unison with the cost of gasoline.
    $5/gallon gasoline will purge whomever is in control, whether its a democrat or republican.

    I don't care if you put a rig on every street corner, and one million offshore, the increasing rate of consumption by emerging economies in China and India will drive the demand and price of oil up faster than a billion pumps can pump it out of the ground.

    No, we're not out of oil yet, but NOW is the time to start planning and developing alternative energy sources, before we do run out. That will become a matter of national and global security. Well, our expenditures in the middle east indicate to me that is already is.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Port St. Lucie, Fl
    Posts
    3,611

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bill View Post
    You mean like the Big Easy got rid of a Democrat mayor after his uncountable blunders?

    Dems/libs/socialists couldn't care less about what happens in this nation, or how they are making it into a communistic country, it's Democrats ubber alles. As long as they have a breath left in them, they will keep braying about everything being Bush's fault.

    UB
    Why would you say Dems do not care. Didn't Clinton turn over a balanced budget to GW Bush in 2001?

  9. #9
    Senior Member Franco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Lafayette, La.
    Posts
    10,801

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Much of the domestic oil that was produced in 2009 was from permits issued several years prior.

    The current administration is not issuing new drilling permits for the area inwhich we get half of our domestic production.
    It's time we abandon our party affiliations and rather than being good Dems or good Repubs we all become good Americans. MJH345

  10. #10
    Senior Member Franco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Lafayette, La.
    Posts
    10,801

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    $5/gallon gasoline will purge whomever is in control, whether its a democrat or republican.

    I don't care if you put a rig on every street corner, and one million offshore, the increasing rate of consumption by emerging economies in China and India will drive the demand and price of oil up faster than a billion pumps can pump it out of the ground.

    No, we're not out of oil yet, but NOW is the time to start planning and developing alternative energy sources, before we do run out. That will become a matter of national and global security. Well, our expenditures in the middle east indicate to me that is already is.
    Until CNG or hydrogen or buring human waste becomes a reality, we have to depend on oil.

    I've been hearing for decades that we need to find an alternative. It is all nothing but a political sharade. Reality is that we are dependent on oil and that won't change anytime soon.
    It's time we abandon our party affiliations and rather than being good Dems or good Repubs we all become good Americans. MJH345

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •