The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Curious about comments from Texas

Quote Originally Posted by mjh345 View Post
    Great post!! However if you keep showing common sense you won't be welcome around here
    That's right, the lefties will run you out in a heartbeat!

Quote Originally Posted by TxHillHunter View Post
    I think a major point is being missed by some here....Texas WILL balance their budget for the next biennium, likely WITH the use of at least some of the Rainy Day Fund.....wow, there's a concept for governments of all sorts: Save some dollars when things are good, for when things get bad.

You can bad mouth the governor (I do!) and the state all you want, but those are two lessons I learned from my parents by the time I was 10; 1) Don't spend money you don't have, 2) Save a nice chunk of what you make for a day you can't see today.

Now, does that forced balancing of the book mean that there will be a reduction in services... YES! Will it impact some more than others....YES again! Brings up a 3rd lesson I learned awfully early in my years....Life Ain't Fair.

We have a rainy day fund here in South Dakota. The legislature has yet to spend a penny of it. They have instead relied on cutting, the cuts have been deep. Even our Republican governor came out and said, paraphrasing - we saved that money for a rainy day. Well, it's raining outside. He was pretty frustrated with some of the cutting.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Quote Originally Posted by mjh345 View Post
    Great post!! However if you keep showing common sense you won't be welcome around here
    How would you know???

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    We have a rainy day fund here in South Dakota. The legislature has yet to spend a penny of it. They have instead relied on cutting, the cuts have been deep. Even our Republican governor came out and said, paraphrasing - we saved that money for a rainy day. Well, it's raining outside. He was pretty frustrated with some of the cutting.
    Same thing may happen here....but with the "expert estimate" being so far off, my guess is we'll see half that $10B used over the next two years.

As for the thoughts of running me out of here....I'm pretty tolerant of differing opinions, as I'm somewhat of a political paradox myself. Not many folks out there share my opinions on abortion and capital punishment. Both parties have it wrong.