The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Curious about comments from Texas

Quote Originally Posted by cpj View Post
    It is Sarah's fault. Also, if you are having some issues with your dog at events or in training, well, they're Sarah's fault too.
    Hey, I think she's GREAT!

So much, so, I'm going to give up my independent status just so I can vote for her in the primary! She'll be a wonderful candidate on the republican ticket.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    Hey, I think she's GREAT!

So much, so, I'm going to give up my independent status just so I can vote for her in the primary! She'll be a wonderful candidate on the republican ticket.
    I am just hoping your side stays with Obama!!!
    If they bring in Hilary, they might win.

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    I am just hoping your side stays with Obama!!!
    If they bring in Hilary, they might win.

RK
    Not my side. I didn't vote for him. But I think yer right.
    I think his chances of re-election hinge on how the public percieves his leadership with the opposition congress, and moreso, how the overall economy does. Right now, I'd give him slightly below a 50-50 chance.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Not my side. I didn't vote for him. But I think yer right.
    I think his chances of re-election hinge on how the public percieves his leadership with the opposition congress, and moreso, how the overall economy does. Right now, I'd give him slightly below a 50-50 chance.
    That's all that matters anymore.

My wallet and ME!!!!

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

I did. Did you? Perhaps you missed the part blaming Obama:

Rules changes associated with Obamacare will add about 71 percent to Texas’s Medicaid expenses over the first ten years of implementation — that’s Texas’s out-of-pocket expense, not money that the feds reimburse under Medicaid — an increase that quite literally threatens to bankrupt the state.

Like I said, Its all Obama's fault.
    You're either disingenous or a moron if you actually read the article and gleaned from the one single, solitary sentence above that mentions Obama that blaming him is a significant component of that article.
    I'll take the river down to still water and ride a pack of dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by subroc View Post
    From the article you linked:

They haven’t delivered yet, but Perry’s Republicans did the stand-up thing last time around and reaped the rewards. Expect them to do it again.

And it may not be all that hard: Pace Krugman et al., Texas’s potential shortfall probably is not $25 billion. The inside guys talk about $11 billion to $15 billion, spread out over a two-year budget. (Texas writes one budget every two years, and has a legislature that meets every two years.) Even the liberal bedwetters over at the Center for Budget and Policy Priorities expect the budget hole to amount to about 10 percent of the whole enchilada, as compared to more than 50 percent in basketcase California.

But it seems that those higher estimates might be a little more accurate.

After Lecturing D.C. On His ‘Prudent Fiscal Decisions,’ Perry’s Deficit More Than Twice What He Thought
    Back in September, Gov. Rick Perry (R-TX) guessed that his state was facing a $10-11 billion budget shortfall for its fiscal 2012-2013 budget, and refused to entertain reports that his budget gap might be larger until he received the state Comptroller’s official report. He even poo-pooed pronouncements from his 2010 election opponent, Houston Mayor Bill White, that Texas’ deficit may be twice what he was estimating. “If [White] wants to be the budget forecaster for the state of Texas, that’s a different job,” Perry said. “It’s called the comptroller.”

Well, the Comptroller released its report today, and Perry had it wrong:

Texas is expected to collect $72.2 billion in taxes, fees and other general revenue during the 2012-13 budget, down from the $87 billion used in the current two-year budget, Comptroller Susan Combs announced Monday. That puts the shortfall at $27 billion given that maintaining services would run $99 billion for biennium
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Quote Originally Posted by Hew View Post
    You're either disingenous or a moron if you actually read the article and gleaned from the one single, solitary sentence above that mentions Obama that blaming him is a significant component of that article.
    Or one other possibility. I'm just playing the same card your side does with Bush. A non-conservative can't criticize ANYTHING on the right without hearing echoes of "blame Bush....blame Bush..."

So now I'm just pointing out that everything seems to be Obama's fault now. Thought you'd agree.

Speakin' of comments from Texas, what's happened to Gibson?

"Oh Dad, poor Dad...
    Momma's hung you in the closet, and I'm feelin' so sad."

JD
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post
    Speakin' of comments from Texas, what's happened to Gibson?

JD
    You might should check with the whistle blower
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Quote Originally Posted by M&K's Retrievers View Post
    You might should check with the whistle blower
    No one gets any one else in limbo, they do that all on their own. JD
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift