Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223

Thread: Your NFL Pick

Quote Originally Posted by Sue Kiefer View Post
    Really headhunting?????
    I thought it was taking out the knees.
    Cripple em' for life.
    That was the "norm" for awhile. Like I said cheap ain't good it's just cheap.
    Sue

I played Defensive End back in the day for Truman State.
    We all chipped in $5 (about $35-$55 total).
    Whoever could put a hit on the pretty boy and make him go sit down for a while, or make him cry or got the best shot on him or drew blood won the pool!!!
    Yes, we could make them moan or cry!!!!!

(yes, I won a couple!!)

Of course these guys today would NEVER EVER do anything like that now, would they??????

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    I played Defensive End back in the day for Truman State.
    We all chipped in $5 (about $35-$55 total).
    Whoever could put a hit on the pretty boy and make him go sit down for a while, or make him cry or got the best shot on him or drew blood won the pool!!!
    Yes, we could make them moan or cry!!!!!

(yes, I won a couple!!)

Of course these guys today would NEVER EVER do anything like that now, would they??????

RK
    James Harrison said it best, when he said, "hell yes" I want to HURT someone. But I don't want to INJURE them.

He went on to address Sue's misconception:
    'You hit a guy in the head, he takes a nap for a few minutes and walks off the field to play again.....they make us hit low, and you blow out a knee, and the guy's career is over...'
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Bullsh4t.
    Ringing someone's bell is better than blowing a knee.
    I'd rather deal with arthritis or replacement knees or.........than being a duh or nearly duh.....................
    What's wrong with just hitting in the middle , making a good contact tackle, forcing the fumble, stripping the ball,................

I'd rather have a role model for my young son that is good not cheap.
    Teaching him to properly check his opponnet rather than spending time in the penaltybox.
    15yd. penalty cost the stupid Bears on that drive . Now ask yourself "Was it worth it?" Guess so because not long afterwards it was defensive pass interference and another 15yd. penalty. Packers got a 1st down.
    No mistakes at this level of play.Stupid decision on that idiots part.
    Sue
    Never confuse activity with success.

"Ummmmmmm Isn't a word." Judge Judy

Bullsh4t.
    I'd rather deal with arthritis or replacement knees or.........than being a duh or nearly duh.....................
    What's wrong with just hitting in the middle , making a good contact tackle, forcing the fumble, stripping the ball,................

Teaching him to properly check his opponnet rather than spending time in the penaltybox.
    15yd. penalty cost the stupid Bears on that drive . Now ask yourself "Was it worth it?" Guess so because not long afterwards it was defensive pass interference and another 15yd. penalty. Packers got a 1st down.
    Sue
    Ok, you tell football players to stand perfectly still when they're about to get hit. Stop running, don't lower your body, just stand there and take your clean, fair, delicate hit like a good little football player!

I've had my knee blown out playing football. I've had concussions on the field. I can tell you what still hurts whenever I spend all day afield or when I still try to run.

And I've played both ice hockey and football. They're not remotely similar when it comes to contacting the opponent, and comparisons aren't really valid.

BTW...how do you feel about UFC?
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Good grief.
    Contact sport it is what it is.
    Never ever ever said that it wasn't a contact sport.
    Just not going to "take" another person out.
    That's just being a butthead.
    I've seen bigger nastier hits in Hockey than I'll ever ever see in Football and it is done to take puck control away from the opponent.
    We can debate this for 100 pages. You have your way of "Good sports" and I have mine. I'll coach it my way
    I'm off to a Hockey game.
    Sue
    Never confuse activity with success.

"Ummmmmmm Isn't a word." Judge Judy

RK,
    Thought you might enjoy this. I forgot Rocky Bleier was from Wisconsin.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11030...MOSTEMAILEDBOX

Bullsh4t.

Sue
    As a retried atheletic trainer at the pro football level & college hockey: If you are not keeping up with the current research on head injuries I would suggest you do. As a current physical therapist medicine can replace a "shot knee, shoulder or ankle?"; but not a brain or the long term after effects of head injuries.
    This is what he was all about!:
    Vinny last hunting year
    53 pheasants in South Dakota 200 + ducks in Idaho
    Lasting memories Vinny was 13+ years old!