The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1220212223 LastLast

Thread: Your NFL Pick

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    In the GB/Chicago game no such penalty was called when Rogers was drilled in the jaw by the top of Peppers helmet and at the same time hit in the head by a Bears player coming from the other side. Rogers did not duck (didn't have time to) and got hit in the head by both guys... no flag. As of yet, no fine from the league either.
    According to the NFL, in order to be penalized for a helmet to helmet hit it has to be determined that it was used as a weapon. Apparently the officials or the league officials did not feel that the hit to Rogers was a blatent hit.

Other Helmet Related Penalties

<LI id=jsArticleStep1 itxtvisited="1">According to NFL helmet rules, a player who illegally uses the top of his helmet as a weapon, removes his helmet on the field of play (except when injured) or attacks the head of the quarterback will be hit with a 15-yard penalty. Using a helmet that is not being worn as a weapon results in a 15-yard penalty and automatic disqualification from the game.

Read more: NFL Helmet Rules | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/facts_4796971_nf...#ixzz1CBQOFX2i

Sue said they were penalized for that hit. If so, I was wrong. Was that the play where it was a late flag? Anyway, it should have been called and I think Sue was right because there were several big penalties on that drive.
    Bill Davis

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    In the GB/Chicago game no such penalty was called when Rogers was drilled in the jaw by the top of Peppers helmet and at the same time hit in the head by a Bears player coming from the other side. Rogers did not duck (didn't have time to) and got hit in the head by both guys... no flag. As of yet, no fine from the league either.
    Source: Julius Peppers fined $10K

ESPN.com news services

Chicago Bears defensive end Julius Peppers was fined $10,000 for his helmet-to-helmet hit on Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers in Sunday's NFC Championship Game, a league source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

More From ESPNChicago.com

Can't get enough Bears information? ESPNChicago.com has all the latest on the Monsters of the Midway. Blog

On Wednesday, Rodgers shot down speculation that he sustained another concussion on the Peppers hit and credited his helmet for potentially preventing another significant head injury.
    Rodgers switched helmets after sustaining two concussions earlier this season, although he has been hesitant to share details about how the new helmet might be safer.
    "Not too much to talk about," Rodgers said. "I didn't have a concussion. I want to dispel that rumor. No concussion. I was fine. Yeah. Helmets are designed to prevent concussions, I think."
    Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.
    http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nf...=ESPNHeadlines

Jeff Fischer out at Tennessee.

That makes 10 HC firings this season, almost one-third turnover in HC's!

Longest tenured HC, took his team to the SB once. Seems like they had a great regular season three years ago, lost in the first round and the team has never recovered.

Is the real failure of the team Bud Adam's decision to draft Vince Young? I think so.

Some team is going to windup with a solid HC and it was time for Fischer to head for greener pastures.

He would be an excellent GM or HC with the Cowboys!
    Last edited by Franco; 01-27-2011 at 07:36 PM.
    Collecting more taxes than is absolutely necessary is legalized robbery. Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Jeff Fischer out at Tennessee.

That makes 10 HC firings this season, almost one-third turnover in HC's!

Longest tenured HC, took his team to the SB once. Seems like they had a great regular season three years ago, lost in the first round and the team has never recovered.

Is the real failure of the team Bud Adam's decision to draft Vince Young? I think so.

Some team is going to windup with a solid HC and it was time for Fischer to head for greener pastures.

He would be an excellent GM or HC with the Cowboys!
    If I owned a team, Fisher would be hired already!!!

I don't think you could do any better.

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

I'll bet that dumba$$ Bud Adams keeps Vince Young now... The guy is a cancer to the team. I hope I am wrong.
    Bill Davis

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    If I owned a team, Fisher would be hired already!!!

I don't think you could do any better.

RK
    Have to 2nd that. Fisher is one of the best coaches out there. A class act, very rare in the NFL...

10K that's it.
    NOT big enough.
    The refs. should have thrown his dumbares out of the game.
    And fined,and ,............................
    IF the league recognized it as a headhunting hit then penalize him accordingly.
    Hate it when I'm right
    Sue
    Never confuse activity with success.

"Ummmmmmm Isn't a word." Judge Judy

Quote Originally Posted by Sue Kiefer View Post
    10K that's it.
    NOT big enough.
    The refs. should have thrown his dumbares out of the game.
    And fined,and ,............................
    IF the league recognized it as a headhunting hit then penalize him accordingly.
    Hate it when I'm right
    Sue
    I wonder if the NFL is selling pictures of the hit on their website to generate profit, as they fine him for doing what has been not only encouraged, but exhaulted for the past 40 years on highlight shows!

Not sayin its right or wrong.....just how it is.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Really headhunting?????
    I thought it was taking out the knees.
    Cripple em' for life.
    That was the "norm" for awhile. Like I said cheap ain't good it's just cheap.
    Sue
    Never confuse activity with success.

"Ummmmmmm Isn't a word." Judge Judy