The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Congress woman Reportedly Shot Point Blank in Head at Meeting with Constituents

Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post
    Well, I'm calling BS on the BS'er calling the BS. Now it starts to not get so simple. Or..., I could just be BS'ing.

Double negative regards,
    JD
    What you talking 'bout Willis?
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Quote Originally Posted by M&K's Retrievers View Post
    What you talking 'bout Willis?
    Just BS'ing Mike. Just BS'ing. JD
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post
    Just BS'ing Mike. Just BS'ing. JD
    I know. PM sent.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    What is very telling is the hyper-defensive posturing the right wing has assumed, including the turning the table tactics, such as luvvy is doing here. How many postings are you up to now?
    The sheriff never mentioned republicans. Yet they flew into damage control mode, pulling down web sites and retractions.

I made it clear from my first post, the only person to blame was the shooter, yet look at all the posturing and "but democrats are meanies too" posts going on!
    I didn't count my posts, you tell me.

Everything I have posted is in full context.
    As far as I could tell, it was all current and vetted.
    Most of the early posts and Obama's response were knee jerk responses before we knew the facts or at least some facts.
    I believe some saw it as an opportunity to make political hay.

I posted relevant material, chock full of facts.

Just here to help.......

RK
    Last edited by road kill; 01-11-2011 at 09:31 AM.
    Stan b & Elvis

Good read (opinion piece) out of the UK.

How America's elite hijacked a massacre to take revenge on Sarah PalinBy Tom Leonard
    Last updated at 8:03 AM on 11th January 2011

On a sunny Saturday morning outside the local Safeway in Tucson,* Arizona, a man pulls out a powerful handgun, opens fire - and engulfs the U.S. in a political *firestorm.
    Six people were killed on *Saturday, including a nine-year-old girl. But it was the fact that the target was a *Democratic congresswoman - who is fighting for her life - which has sparked such a furious row, not, as one might expect, over the nature of America’s gun laws, but over the vitriolic nature of its politics.
    Defenders of gun rights like to say it’s not the gun that’s dangerous, but the user. Now the argument swirling across the U.S. is whether it’s not the user but violent political *rhetoric that may have *ultimately pulled the trigger.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/ar...rah-Palin.html

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by paul young View Post
    why would an apolitical person go to a political affair and attempt to asassinate a political figure and their supporters? i don't buy that he was apolitical. he is definitely nuts, though!-Paul
    Perhaps he was obsessed with the person. John Hinckley was not political. He was just trying to impress Jodi Foster. I don't know the guy but his friends do, which is where the information came from. If he was political he most likely would have voted this last election.

Who knows what goes on in an insane person's mind. Maybe that was the most prominent person he had access to. Not many celebrities living in Tucson. But again how about we wait longer then 15 minutes to start jumping to conclusions.
    John Abramson

Retriever Supply
    www.retrieversupply.com

American Retriever
    www.americanretriever.com

Code 3 retrievers
    www.code3retrievers.com

Quote Originally Posted by code3retrievers View Post
    Perhaps he was obsessed with the person. John Hinckley was not political. He was just trying to impress Jodi Foster. I don't know the guy but his friends do, which is where the information came from. If he was political he most likely would have voted this last election.

Who knows what goes on in an insane person's mind. Maybe that was the most prominent person he had access to. Not many celebrities living in Tucson. But again how about we wait longer then 15 minutes to start jumping to conclusions.
    I am certain there are a couple of experts on that here on this site!!!

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

What is very telling is the hyper-defensive posturing the right wing has assumed, including the turning the table tactics, such as luvvy is doing here. How many postings are you up to now?

The sheriff never mentioned republicans. Yet they flew into damage control mode, pulling down web sites and retractions.

I made it clear from my first post, the only person to blame was the shooter, yet look at all the posturing and "but democrats are meanies too" posts going on!
    Do you every really make a point?

I believe your question has been answered several times on this thread. If someone attacks your political position as it was early on in this thread you expect everyone on the right to sit there and take it. Just because that is the way your little mind works doesn't mean everyone else should jump on board with you.

The sheriff did not mention Republicans but he insinuated it. That's what politicians do. They are cowards and do not have the guts to actually come out and say what they mean.

As for pulling information off the web- When an event like this happens everyone outlet looks for things that will enhance or hurt there side. The left wing ones did the same thing (Daily Kos). Does it make it right? It's their sites and they are free to present any information they deem fit.

As far as how many posts someone has, what do you care as long as they are adding substance to the discussion. (Which you rarely do) Your normal MO is to throw questions out that are meant as digs toward one person or the right. Then you sit back and throw out snarky comments for answers, waiting for others to come to your defense. Your not interested in political discourse only in making you own little comments. Perhaps you should reexamine your hate for the center right.
    John Abramson

Retriever Supply
    www.retrieversupply.com

American Retriever
    www.americanretriever.com

Code 3 retrievers
    www.code3retrievers.com

Quote Originally Posted by code3retrievers View Post
    Do you every really make a point?

I believe your question has been answered several times on this thread. If someone attacks your political position as it was early on in this thread you expect everyone on the right to sit there and take it. Just because that is the way your little mind works doesn't mean everyone else should jump on board with you.

The sheriff did not mention Republicans but he insinuated it. That's what politicians do. They are cowards and do not have the guts to actually come out and say what they mean.

As for pulling information off the web- When an event like this happens everyone outlet looks for things that will enhance or hurt there side. The left wing ones did the same thing (Daily Kos). Does it make it right? It's their sites and they are free to present any information they deem fit.

As far as how many posts someone has, what do you care as long as they are adding substance to the discussion. (Which you rarely do) Your normal MO is to throw questions out that are meant as digs toward one person or the right. Then you sit back and throw out snarky comments for answers, waiting for others to come to your defense. Your not interested in political discourse only in making you own little comments. Perhaps you should reexamine your hate for the center right.
    Re-read my post #13.
    That states my position.
    This same discussion is being had by members of ALL political persuasions on a national level.
    I have been explicit in stating that I am NOT blaming Sarah or anyone else, except the shooter.

What problem do you have with that?
    If that gives me a "little mind" as you put it, that's fine.
    I stand by my comment, as I think they are being reflected by many across the nation as we type here.

And I do so by engaging you in civil discourse. I do not feel the need to call you small-minded. I enjoy this type of discussion, albiet without the name calling. Had enough of that already to last all year, and I ain't going there no mo! Have a good one.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

I enjoy this type of discussion, albiet without the name calling. Had enough of that already to last all year, and I ain't going there no mo!
    Wonder how long that resolution will last...

Don't worry, we'll keep track for you. Although it may be easier now that your best buddy has left the building...