The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Congress woman Reportedly Shot Point Blank in Head at Meeting with Constituents

We don't know anything about the shooter; so to generalize & blame any ideaology for one wacko is always stupid.
    It would be even more so for him in light of not knowing what motivated him at this time.
    Not only stupid but premature[not that ever bothers some of you on here]

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by david gibson View Post
    i was wondering how long it would take until someone would blame an entire political segment for the actions of a lone lunatic.

a sad, sad day indeed, in more ways than one.
    Here is what the Arizona Sheriff said.

The sheriff blamed the vitriolic political rhetoric that has consumed the country, much of it occurring in Arizona.

"When you look at unbalanced people, how they respond to the vitriol that comes out of certain mouths about tearing down the government. The anger, the hatred, the bigotry that goes on in this country is getting to be outrageous," he said. "And unfortunately, Arizona, I think, has become the capital. We have become the mecca for prejudice and bigotry."
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_congresswoman_shot

The sadest part of this story, is that so many people, both left and right, (but certainly skewed far to the right at this moment in history) refuse to acknowledge the link between hate rhetoric and intolerance, and the violence it incites.

The Sheriff is a far left leaning liberal. He should stick to the facts and keep his political opinions out of it.
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

Quote Originally Posted by luvmylabs23139 View Post
    The Sheriff is a far left leaning liberal. He should stick to the facts and keep his political opinions out of it.
    He has as much right to his opinion as do you and I Luvy. JD
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

Banned

Well, since he lives down their and deals with the hate daily, I think his word is pretty important.
    2nd point. I find it a stretch to believe that a "far left leaning liberal" would be elected to anything in Arizona, let alone Sheriff.

He's a democrat and anti SB1040. That qualifies as a far left leaning liberal.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Did he rule in favor of the illegals or in favor of the American Land Owners

Pete
    The judge ruled in favor of the illegals.

This morning is the first I'm hearing of this and I'm still reading various reports.

Those found guilty should pay with thier lives.
    “The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.” –Thomas Jefferson

Banned

He's a democrat and anti SB1040. That qualifies as a far left leaning liberal.
    To the rest of the country, he sounds like a moderate. At any rate, do you suggest that if he is a lefty, his opinion is not valid?

Quote Originally Posted by newlab View Post
    To the rest of the country, he sounds like a moderate. At any rate, do you suggest that if he is a lefty, his opinion is not valid?
    NO, what I am saying is as the Sheriff he should stick to the known facts rather than bring his personal political views into the situtation. He should not be trying to turn this political based on his position as law enforcement especially when very few facts were known at the time.

Interesting that you have zero posts on the main forum. Do you even own a lab?
    Last edited by luvmylabs23139; 01-09-2011 at 09:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    The judge ruled in favor of the illegals.

This morning is the first I'm hearing of this and I'm still reading various reports.

Those found guilty should pay with thier lives.
    I sincerely hope you are not implying that political assassination is an acceptable form of discourse. If you are and this is a widely held belief we are doomed to anarchy or worse.

From eyewitness reports after the Congresswoman was shot he began shooting randomly.