The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Congress woman Reportedly Shot Point Blank in Head at Meeting with Constituents

Quote Originally Posted by newlab View Post
    ?????? Anti Gun Nuts????? Your barking up the wrong tree. I don't see any "anti gun nuts" pulling triggers. I see right wing "nuts", incited by irresponsible leaders like Sarah Palin and the crazy Governor from Az! This congresswoman has been under attack by natioanl and local right wing media, pundits, and leadership for a long time.
    I agree, this is NOT a second amendment issue. But it is an issue that involves the hatred and intolerance that has become such a normal occurrence within the right wing leadership. The sick bastard that pulled this trigger has had months of encouragement to pull the trigger. That, is where this debate needs to go. Not, to the 2nd amendment.
    The hammering Sarah Palin takes day in and day out. Buy the main stream media. Then you babble about how she is irresponsible. I think it would be wise of you to look at both side of the street before running your thoughts that its all the rights fault.

To the rest of the country, he sounds like a moderate. At any rate, do you suggest that if he is a lefty, his opinion is not valid?
    To the rest of the country, he sounds like a moderate. At any rate, do you suggest that if he is a lefty, his opinion is not valid?
    I don't know where you live but it sure is not in AZ. This sherrif is not a moderate. He is pro illegal imigration and panders to the left which elects him.

A sherrif, in his official capacity should not be givning his personal opinion as to why a suspect committed a crime. His job is to investigate the facts and arrest those responsible, but not give his personal view on a crime that was just committed hours before. This guy is unprofessional to say the very least.

It's sad that you would blame others for inciting this person to commit this crime. I don't remember anyone saying John Hinckley was incited by the left when he shot Reagan. (He was just crazy) I guess you lefties have to always assign blameto some segment of society so you can "fix" it with a government regulation of program.

How about you wait for the facts to come out before you start condeming Palin, Brewer and others from the center right.
    John Abramson

Retriever Supply
    www.retrieversupply.com

American Retriever
    www.americanretriever.com

Code 3 retrievers
    www.code3retrievers.com

Quote Originally Posted by EdA View Post
    I sincerely hope you are not implying that political assassination is an acceptable form of discourse. If you are and this is a widely held belief we are doomed to anarchy or worse.

From eyewitness reports after the Congresswoman was shot he began shooting randomly.
    No, I don't condone the shooting.

Someone asked the question and I replied.

I also said those guilty should pay!
    It's time we abandon our party affiliations and rather than being good Dems or good Repubs we all become good Americans. MJH345

yet another totally worthless paritsan bickering thread.....

Right blames the left, left blames the right.

The lunatic was a lib, the lunatic was a RWE.

Hmmmm....how predictable and useless can this thread be??

Time to throw some marks....
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

To most of the country, he would be classified as Liberal. In most polls, 78% around the country agreed with SB1040.
    It's time we abandon our party affiliations and rather than being good Dems or good Repubs we all become good Americans. MJH345

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    yet another totally worthless paritsan bickering thread.....

Right blames the left, left blames the right.

The lunatic was a lib, the lunatic was a RWE.

Hmmmm....how predictable and useless can this thread be??

Time to throw some marks....
    whole heartedly agree...this tragedy SHOULD have no political overtones..its a whack job ..whatever his motives may or may not have been, we need to not lose sight of the fact that 6 people lost their lives, not how their political views or in the case of the judge how he ruled..there was a totally innocent 9 yr old girl that lost her life..
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

My condolences to the people and families involved.
    In regard to any other comments, I will wait until I can see some facts.

It is pretty tasteless to get involved in partisan bickering at this point.

stan b
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by code3retrievers View Post
    I don't know where you live but it sure is not in AZ. This sherrif is not a moderate. He is pro illegal imigration and panders to the left which elects him.

A sherrif, in his official capacity should not be givning his personal opinion as to why a suspect committed a crime. His job is to investigate the facts and arrest those responsible, but not give his personal view on a crime that was just committed hours before. This guy is unprofessional to say the very least.

It's sad that you would blame others for inciting this person to commit this crime. I don't remember anyone saying John Hinckley was incited by the left when he shot Reagan. (He was just crazy) I guess you lefties have to always assign blameto some segment of society so you can "fix" it with a government regulation of program.

How about you wait for the facts to come out before you start condeming Palin, Brewer and others from the center right.
    I don't like to get into political discussions because they really go nowhere, but I have to agree with John here on Sheriff Dupnik. I'm going to say some things I probably shouldn't, but then I've never been known to shy away from controversy.

I lived in Tucson for 28 years before coming to the Phoenix area. I lived in a very small tight neighborhood where we knew everyone and most activities were centered around the elementary school. I did a lot of volunteer work at the school. Sheriff Dupnik's two daughters were in the same classes with my two sons. This was before he was Sheriff but with the Tucson Police Dept. I had another friend in the neighborhood who also had children in the school. She worked nights as a telephone operator. This was way before the telephone systems were very automated. She would tell me of conversations overheard through the switchboard where the Sheriff would call home and berate and threaten his wife. She was a very sweet browbeaten woman. Shortly after the kids left elementary school and went on to junior high where the neighborhoods expanded and we lost close touch with families like before, Sheriff Dupnik became divorced due to domestic violence.

Now, I can't keep track of the full meaning of left versus right, moderate, liberal, radical, etc. I just judge people by their personal attitudes and behavior. In this case, I have no idea where Sheriff Dupnik stands politically. He was a very intense man that many people were intimidated by and afraid of. I would probably have to put him in somewhat of the same category as Sheriff Joe Arpaio due to the fact that they are both very intense, dominating men who believe in their own ideals so strongly that they are not afraid to go to extremes to achieve their goals. I strongly support many of their ideals while shaking my head at many of their activities. My youngest son has worked for both men, being in the Pima County Corrections system and then in the Maricopa County Corrections for a number of years.

If one wanted to know of a really colorful Sheriff, one would have to go back in time in Pima County to Sheriff Burr. This was a very corrupt Sheriff and really gave Tucson the "Wild West" reputation.

Just my two cents,

Oh, I forgot to add one thing, while talking to my other son in Tucson, I discovered that my grandson was in the same class at Mountain View High school with the shooter. I'm dying to hear what he might know of the guy, but as my son said, this is a very big school and they may not have even known each other.

Arleen
    Last edited by Troopers Mom; 01-09-2011 at 12:44 PM. Reason: additional comment

?????? Anti Gun Nuts????? Your barking up the wrong tree. I don't see any "anti gun nuts" pulling triggers. I see right wing "nuts", incited by irresponsible leaders like Sarah Palin and the crazy Governor from Az! This congresswoman has been under attack by natioanl and local right wing media, pundits, and leadership for a long time.
    I agree, this is NOT a second amendment issue. But it is an issue that involves the hatred and intolerance that has become such a normal occurrence within the right wing leadership. The sick bastard that pulled this trigger has had months of encouragement to pull the trigger. That, is where this debate needs to go. Not, to the 2nd amendment.
    That is just about the worst post I have ever seen on the POTUS board.

And I have seen some dandys.

What a disgrace........

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    That is just about the worst post I have ever seen on the POTUS board.

And I have seen some dandys.

What a disgrace........

RK
    Ok, so you're on record as supporting the hatred and intolerance portrayed daily from America's mainstream leaders? Good for you. I am proud to stand against you.