Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Happy Birthday!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    To the KING!!!!!

Just sayin'.....

RK
    Thought you were talking Dr. M L King since his B'day is observed next Monday!

I'm with Ed, other than King Creole, what else did he do other than live at a time when radio stations were exploding on to the screen all across the country?

Bon Jovi? Talentless.
    It's time we abandon our party affiliations and rather than being good Dems or good Repubs we all become good Americans. MJH345

Geez...

If I would have seen this response to Elvis, I NEVER would have uttered a peep about lowely little Gerry Rafferty!

Rough crowd, I tell ya! No respect!
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Thought you were talking Dr. M L King since his B'day is observed next Monday!

I'm with Ed, other than King Creole, what else did he do other than live at a time when radio stations were exploding on to the screen all across the country?

Bon Jovi? Talentless.

Elvis was also an iconic figure to many growing up (much before my time) but he withstood the British invasion of the Beatles and the Stones and continued to flourish and keep a loyal fan base

as for Bon Jovi being talentless, their records and sales for some 20+ yrs show otherwise, they also draw the best looking female crowd at their concerts...

to each their own when it comes to musical tastes
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    Elvis was also an iconic figure to many growing up (much before my time) but he withstood the British invasion of the Beatles and the Stones and continued to flourish and keep a loyal fan base

as for Bon Jovi being talentless, their records and sales for some 20+ yrs show otherwise, they also draw the best looking female crowd at their concerts...

to each their own when it comes to musical tastes
    You are correct about musical tate , to each thier own.

But..........After the Bristish Invasion, Elvis became a Las Vegas act never reaching the music popularity he enjoyed in the late 50's. Like most famous people that die, he became much bigger after his death.

Best looking females at a Bon Jovie concert? He has been around for 30 years and his audience in 50+. Justin Bieber has the good looking females wrapped up. Use to be Justin Timberlake until he turned 30
    It's time we abandon our party affiliations and rather than being good Dems or good Repubs we all become good Americans. MJH345

You are correct about musical tate , to each thier own.

But..........After the Bristish Invasion, Elvis became a Las Vegas act never reaching the music popularity he enjoyed in the late 50's. Like most famous people that die, he became much bigger after his death.

Best looking females at a Bon Jovie concert? He has been around for 30 years and his audience in 50+. Justin Bieber has the good looking females wrapped up. Use to be Justin Timberlake until he turned 30

Uh Huh!!!

Next you'll be telling me how BMW is a better bike than an H-D.
    Which it might be, ceptin' it ain't nowhere near as KOOL!!!

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Uh Huh!!!

Next you'll be telling me how BMW is a better bike than an H-D.
    Which it might be, ceptin' it ain't nowhere near as KOOL!!!

RK
    I've got a buddy that is a bigtime HD fan, has 8 of them in his livingroom! Old ones worth a small fortune.

Every year, he and a group have thier bikes shipped to Colorado and they spend a week driving around the mountains and being cool. You would think he would send one of his HD's. But, he doesn't, he has his BMW trailored to FT Collins instead. Go figure!

Having owned and ridden on both for cross country trips, (I ride btch mind you) you HAVE to trailer the HD's. You ride the Beamers.
    Carol,
    Owned and handled by Cruisin' with Indiana Jones, JH
    Alternate Handler: Westwind Buffalo Soldier
    Apprentice Handler: Snake River Medicine Man, JH
    http://newhoperetrievers.com

Quote Originally Posted by 2tall View Post
    Having owned and ridden on both for cross country trips, (I ride btch mind you) you HAVE to trailer the HD's. You ride the Beamers.
    Maybe you do, I ride mine.

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

I've got a buddy that is a bigtime HD fan, has 8 of them in his livingroom! Old ones worth a small fortune.

Every year, he and a group have thier bikes shipped to Colorado and they spend a week driving around the mountains and being cool. You would think he would send one of his HD's. But, he doesn't, he has his BMW trailored to FT Collins instead. Go figure!

What's the minimum to have in the livingroom to qualify as "bigtime??"

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Banned

For those who have forgotten, the KING was Elvis Presly.

The KOOLEST KAT to ever walk the planet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nsdjx...eature=related

RK
    And here I thought you were talking about Michael Jackson the "King of Pop"