The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 41

Thread: The Facebook Dems have decided....

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Beaumont, Texas
    Posts
    274

    Default The Facebook Dems have decided....

    It's Sarah Palin's fault.

  2. #2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cpj View Post
    It's Sarah Palin's fault.
    Heck, some of the posters here are already saying that same thing. Sad!
    John Abramson

    Retriever Supply
    www.retrieversupply.com

    American Retriever
    www.americanretriever.com

    Code 3 retrievers
    www.code3retrievers.com

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    N.E. Oklahoma
    Posts
    2,098

    Default

    It's very interesting ( and disturbing ) to see how things have changed in that anymore it's always someone else's fault when someone does something bad. It used to always be the mother's fault you know. Just maybe that is why they are picking on Palin......after all she is a mother.

  4. #4
    Senior Member dnf777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Western Pa
    Posts
    6,161

    Default

    This is the fault of the shooter. Nobody else.

    Does constant hate speech contribute to this activity? I don't know.

    Do I think its poor form to have crosshairs over pictures of opponents faces? yes!

    I think any responsible gun-owner who cares about our right to keep and responsibly bear arms would also think its not a good idea.

    Its no secret that for the most part, republicans embrace gun-ownership rights much more than democrats do. As such, like any responsible gun-owner, I think its upon them NOT to portray guns in such a light as has been done recently.

    I'm NOT saying Palin's website contributed to this activity. It might have, it might not have. But it doesn't reflect kindly on the millions of responsible gun owners across this land.

    For our sake, please TONE DOWN the violent rhetoric!
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    N.E. Oklahoma
    Posts
    2,098

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    This is the fault of the shooter. Nobody else.

    Does constant hate speech contribute to this activity?
    You are correct in that it is the shooter's fault. That was my point however badly I worded it.

    And yes, I do think the hate speech does cause some people to act badly. They see that kind of thing as acceptable when it is said or wrote about.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Pac NW
    Posts
    4,212

    Default

    I guess all the violence shown in the movie "trailers" is OK? I'm not an X purt but it seems many of these "nutjobs" originate in alternate culture areas. Maybe if they had chores, activities, jobs or whatever to keep their fertile minds occupied things like this would not happen. It apparently worked for my generation & the one that followed. This guy sounded like an excellent candidate for a CCC camp!!!!!!!!!!!
    __________________________

    Marvin S

    Everyone's friend is No One's friend

    Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    N.E. Oklahoma
    Posts
    2,098

    Default

    Good points, Marvin S.

  8. #8
    Senior Member road kill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Berlin, WI
    Posts
    10,658

    Default

    Yep, no violence comes from the suggestive lyrics in gangsta rap either.

    Just sayin'........


    RK
    Stan b & Elvis

  9. #9
    Senior Member dnf777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Western Pa
    Posts
    6,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    I guess all the violence shown in the movie "trailers" is OK? I'm not an X purt but it seems many of these "nutjobs" originate in alternate culture areas. Maybe if they had chores, activities, jobs or whatever to keep their fertile minds occupied things like this would not happen. It apparently worked for my generation & the one that followed. This guy sounded like an excellent candidate for a CCC camp!!!!!!!!!!!
    I agree Marvin. the blame rests solely on the actor. But while most of us know fantasy from reality, I'm afraid some loose screws in our society may see such statements as "legitimizing" their warped sense of reality, especially when coming from a legitimate source, and not a Hollywood movie.

    But as a gun owner and staunch 2nd amendment supporter, I just wish we'd turn down the violent rhetoric a notch......but I know what happens when we wish in one hand and spit in the other....

    It won't stop nut-jobs like this, but it may give less "ammo" to the anti-gun crowd.

    edit: you're giving away you age with CCC reference! And hey, wasn't that a liberal jobs program under FDR??????
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

  10. #10
    Senior Member JDogger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    MRGV New Mexico
    Posts
    3,316

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    I agree Marvin. the blame rests solely on the actor. But while most of us know fantasy from reality, I'm afraid some loose screws in our society may see such statements as "legitimizing" their warped sense of reality, especially when coming from a legitimate source, and not a Hollywood movie.

    But as a gun owner and staunch 2nd amendment supporter, I just wish we'd turn down the violent rhetoric a notch......but I know what happens when we wish in one hand and spit in the other....

    It won't stop nut-jobs like this, but it may give less "ammo" to the anti-gun crowd.

    edit: you're giving away you age with CCC reference! And hey, wasn't that a liberal jobs program under FDR??????
    CCC was not just liberal, it was positively socialist, and would be so labeled today.

    I would not care to speculate on any political motivation of the shooter. Too little is known at this time. My fear is that by calling him a 'loose-screw or 'nut-job' we may lay the ground work for an insanity defense. I want him held completely accountable. This was a planned attack.

    JD
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •