The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A whole week??

Default A whole week??

Just heard on the morning news that congress has announced its suspending all legislative action for ONE WEEK to honor the shooting victims and to mourn.

Really? A week off?

We had a trooper shot and killed, and the police kept working. Our hospital had a patient shoot his wife and self in our ICU, and we all kept working. We've all witnessed tragedy and kept working. Who else gives themselves and and an entire institution a week off??

Don't mean to sound insensitive, but the vast majority of these people were a thousand miles away and many didn't even know the victims. A week off sounds a little excessive.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

not to worry, if they are not there, they can't screw anything up...
    subroc

Article [I.]
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    Article [II.]
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

What a phoney excuse! How many of them will actually mourn? Zero!

They really think the American people are stupid.
    “The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.” –Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    What a phoney excuse! How many of them will actually mourn? Zero!

They really think the American people are stupid

By and large they are....after all look at some of the people that are elected and currently in office
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by subroc View Post
    not to worry, if they are not there, they can't screw anything up...
    +1

My thoughts exactly. They can't do any damage when they're not there. That's why their recesses are so great.

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    Really? A week off?
    well at least that will save us a chunk of $$$$ not having to pay um all.
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

The ones who should take the week of are the pundits.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Bora View Post
    well at least that will save us a chunk of $$$$ not having to pay um all.
    Nope, they're all on salary...
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

hey dave dont forget the game commission officer shot and killed too.. I think we had 4 philly cops shot and killed here too.. i could use a week off?
    Wayne Beck

RIP Moose 2/6/00-1/21/10
    Bull's Harley Road Hog 5/1/10-(in training)
    Bull's Kunte Kinte 11/7/12-

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    Just heard on the morning news that congress has announced its suspending all legislative action for ONE WEEK to honor the shooting victims and to mourn.

Really? A week off?

We had a trooper shot and killed, and the police kept working. Our hospital had a patient shoot his wife and self in our ICU, and we all kept working. We've all witnessed tragedy and kept working. Who else gives themselves and and an entire institution a week off??

Don't mean to sound insensitive, but the vast majority of these people were a thousand miles away and many didn't even know the victims. A week off sounds a little excessive.
    While I agree with your sentiments; I know we would be better off if they took the whole year off.
    Ship all 535 of em to some palatial all expenses paid island with Obama driving the boat, and I'd bet we would save a bundle.

I will imagine their first order of business when they return will be to pass some sybolic legislation making it illegal to threaten legislators; which will open a whole new can of worms. It is not like the idiot in AZ didn't already break a number of existing laws with his actions.

Their myopic mindset makes them believe that they can fix problems by passing new laws in situations like this where there are all ready plenty of laws in place. Laws, old or new don't prevent idiots from acting like idiots

I heard a talking head express concern that this nut job was allowed to buy a gun even after expressing disgust at the American Government!

If THAT were a law, between Bush and Obama, would anyone on POTUS be allowed to own a gun? Or any talking head or pundit in Washington, NYC, or LA???

I don't think that guy knew what he was saying. What's new?
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!