The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Ship Wreck

Quote Originally Posted by Blackstone View Post
    I'm not a mind reader, but I know how it came across. If it was meant otherwise, perhaps you could have phrased it better.

And, by the way, contrary to your "joke," I know who my father was.
    Yeah, I guess I could have. And perhaps you could not jump to conclusions. There are two sides to every disagreement...

That's exactly why you shouldn't have been offended. Tell a joke about Italians, or southerners, or whites, or rednecks or any other group that you want to stick me in. I know that the stereotypes don't apply to me, so I don't give a crap. If it's funny, I'll laugh. I am sick and tired of people who can't laugh at themselves. I am sick and tired of somebody being offended over every little freaking thing in the entire world.

Quote Originally Posted by ducknwork View Post
    I am sick and tired of people who can't laugh at themselves. I am sick and tired of somebody being offended over every little freaking thing in the entire world.
    I think I just found a new sig line.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ducknwork
    I am sick and tired of people who can't laugh at themselves. I am sick and tired of somebody being offended over every little freaking thing in the entire world.
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

Go ahead...I can laugh at myself and do so on a regular basis. I deserve it.

Quote Originally Posted by ducknwork View Post
    Yeah, I guess I could have. And perhaps you could not jump to conclusions. There are two sides to every disagreement...

That's exactly why you shouldn't have been offended. Tell a joke about Italians, or southerners, or whites, or rednecks or any other group that you want to stick me in. I know that the stereotypes don't apply to me, so I don't give a crap. If it's funny, I'll laugh. I am sick and tired of people who can't laugh at themselves. I am sick and tired of somebody being offended over every little freaking thing in the entire world.
    I guess that is another difference between us, I donít find humor in any derogatory ethnic stereotype, regardless of who itís aimed at. Thatís why I donít tell jokes like that, and donít laugh at them. But, thatís just me.

If youíre tired of people getting offended by comments like that, imagine how tired those people are of having crap like that directed at them. You may have meant no offense with your joke, but it was offensive.

Oh, rats! I missed duck's joke.
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI