The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Herman Cain 4 POTUS

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by luvmylabs23139 View Post
    So I didn't bother to proofread. I watching football at the same time.
    Go JETS!
    Oh,I love when a liberal has no answer they just go looking for grammer and spelling errors.
    I didn't get "A's" in High School but I know the difference between there and their. I did get "A's" in creative writing in school after I got out of the U.S. Navy though

Go Patriots!
    Last edited by Roger Perry; 01-16-2011 at 06:11 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post
    [LIST][*]Arbusto,
    Famous Texas baseball team the Texas Rangers just filed for bankruptcy. This dumb sports franchise in Texas owes “between $100 and $500 million” to its creditors. What does this mean, and how is it George W. Bush’s fault? Bush Junior “bought” the Rangers in 1989 by ponying up only $600,000 while his daddy’s oil buddies cronyed up the real money — and when the team was sold a decade later, Dubya walked away with $15 million.
    http://wonkette.com/415594/george-w-...bankruptcy-too
    Sounds like a typical Wall Street success story to me...

Quote Originally Posted by TxHillHunter View Post
    Please don't make the mistake of thinking I believe a C-level exec is what this country needs or ever has needed as President. I have been adressing those making sweeping generalizations about the "evils" (my word) of corporate america.

BUT, I'm not sure I would agree that TR and FDR (AJ really predates the Industrial Revolution) fought corporate america "tooth and nail." I just finished reading the Wilderness Warrior, and while Teddy (one of my heroes) took issue with corporate exploitation of natural resources....his passion did not come from any disgust with profits...rather it was rooted his own love of wild creatures, particularly birds. BOTH Roosevelts also had the distinct advantage of being born into a very wealthy family.....they could AFFORD to pretty much pick whatever fight they wanted.

We all need to remember that WE, as consumers, are the ones that drive profits based on our demand of goods and services. How many here that are railing against the "corporate greed" of the banks have pulled all their cash out or divested themselves completely of these companies? My guess is none, but just a guess. If my guess is correct, then the guilty are hypocrites.
    Great post, but TR would be ridden out of town on a rail by the modern tea party as a bleeding heart liberal, and Yellowstone Park would have by now been the Enron-Exxon-BP hydroelectric field.

Got Wilderness Warrior on my stack of "to read"...may need to bump it up, given your rec.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    Great post, but TR would be ridden out of town on a rail by the modern tea party as a bleeding heart liberal, and Yellowstone Park would have by now been the Enron-Exxon-BP hydroelectric field.

Got Wilderness Warrior on my stack of "to read"...may need to bump it up, given your rec.
    Definitely worth a LONG read!

Don't give the Tea Party too much credit....by themselves, I don't think they could run David Duke out of town. IMHO, they were PART of the turnover party this past election. The GAP was the difference maker....the Generally All Pissed-off party!

Quote Originally Posted by TxHillHunter View Post
    Definitely worth a LONG read!

Don't give the Tea Party too much credit.
    ...by themselves, I don't think they could run David Duke out of town. IMHO, they were PART of the turnover party this past election. The GAP was the difference maker....the Generally All Pissed-off party!
    they blew TWO elections that should have been Republican slam dunks (Angle and O'Donnell) and technically lost the Alaska race too
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"