The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 55

Thread: Herman Cain 4 POTUS

  1. #21
    Senior Member luvmylabs23139's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    3,748

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackstone View Post
    There is a lot more to running a country than there is to running a business. I'm not sure being a successful businessman qualifies you to run the country. I guess as we learn more about Mr. Cain, we will be better able to ascertain his qualifications.
    He has to be better than the idiot in there now.
    I'll take a business person over an iflated ego community organizer any day.
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

  2. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,123

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by luvmylabs23139 View Post
    He has to be better than the idiot in there now.
    I'll take a business person over an iflated ego community organizer any day.
    You must have never been around many corporate CEOs. Most have tremendous egos, and could not care less about the average person that works for them or for the average consumer. They would cut your throat to get their bonuses. Now, I'm not saying there aren't some good corporate executives out there, but there are a lot of what I would consider to be bad ones.

  3. #23
    Senior Member TxHillHunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Bee Cave, Texas
    Posts
    151

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackstone View Post
    Well, have you ever paid attention to the greed, corruption, graft, waste, and lack of ethics in corporate America? Isn’t the country still trying to recover from some of their dealings? They are the ones currently lobbying elected officials. Often, the board is just in bed with corporate officers. They often don’t act in the best interest of the shareholders or the company as a whole. I don’t necessarily want them running the country.
    Blackstone,

    I don't know you, so gonna give you a chance to retract the above statement, or at least clarify it. To suggest that ALL of corporate america is infected with "greed, corruption, graft, wast and (a) lack of ethics" is inane....about as inane as saying the members of any given race, creed, religion, etc are "this" or "that."

    If you REALLY believe this, then you will call your broker, 401k and pension managers tomorrow and completely divest of ALL corporate paper and hide the cash you get in your mattress. Otherwise, you are complicit with the corporate raiders.

  4. #24
    Senior Member road kill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Berlin, WI
    Posts
    10,592

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackstone View Post
    You must have never been around many corporate CEOs. Most have tremendous egos, and could not care less about the average person that works for them or for the average consumer. They would cut your throat to get their bonuses. Now, I'm not saying there aren't some good corporate executives out there, but there are a lot of what I would consider to be bad ones.
    How many do you know??



    RK
    Stan b & Elvis

  5. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,123

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TxHillHunter View Post
    Blackstone,

    I don't know you, so gonna give you a chance to retract the above statement, or at least clarify it. To suggest that ALL of corporate america is infected with "greed, corruption, graft, wast and (a) lack of ethics" is inane....about as inane as saying the members of any given race, creed, religion, etc are "this" or "that."

    If you REALLY believe this, then you will call your broker, 401k and pension managers tomorrow and completely divest of ALL corporate paper and hide the cash you get in your mattress. Otherwise, you are complicit with the corporate raiders.
    I did not mean to suggest that "all" of corporate America is that way. Perhaps I should have clarified it better. If you read my response to luvmylabs, you will see I where I said, "Now, I'm not saying there aren't some good corporate executives out there, but there are a lot of what I would consider to be bad ones." However, if you have not noticed the greed, waste, and lack of ethics pervasive in corporate America, you haven't been paying attention.

  6. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,123

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    How many do you know??



    RK
    I have had the opportunity to meet a few and a few high up corporate officers. Only one was the kind of person I would really trust. And, there are others whose exploits I have read about. Unless they were all lies, they weren't very compassionate people either.

  7. #27
    Senior Member luvmylabs23139's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    3,748

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackstone View Post
    I did not mean to suggest that "all" of corporate America is that way. Perhaps I should have clarified it better. If you read my response to luvmylabs, you will see I where I said, "Now, I'm not saying there aren't some good corporate executives out there, but there are a lot of what I would consider to be bad ones." However, if you have not noticed the greed, waste, and lack of ethics pervasive in government, you haven't been paying attention.

    Fixed it for you!
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

  8. #28
    Senior Member TxHillHunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Bee Cave, Texas
    Posts
    151

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackstone View Post
    I did not mean to suggest that "all" of corporate America is that way. Perhaps I should have clarified it better. If you read my response to luvmylabs, you will see I where I said, "Now, I'm not saying there aren't some good corporate executives out there, but there are a lot of what I would consider to be bad ones." However, if you have not noticed the greed, waste, and lack of ethics pervasive in corporate America, you haven't been paying attention.
    Thanks for the clarification....demonstrates the "reasonable man" concept....and I did see your post to luvmylabs.....still detect a hint of "more bad than good" in your response....and would like to understand the frame of reference anytime I see such generalizations.

    I have of course, recognized that there are scumbags out there....but have enough experience to recognize they exist EVERYWHERE....in corporations, in churches, in non-profits, in neighborhoods.....everywhere. I've worked for 5 corporations and interacted with hundreds. I left one after the organization was purchased from one such scumbag company.....and I left skidmarks upon my exit!! But that is one out of hundreds....the vast majority of others are what I would call good "corporate citizens" of their respective communities. Now, some would likely argue that some of the companies I speak of are "greedy" because they make some pretty nice profits. I say, ridiculous, as long as the profits are legally and ethically obtained.

    Glad to hear your retirement funds won't be in your mattress!

  9. #29
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    1,347

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TxHillHunter View Post
    Blackstone,

    I don't know you, so gonna give you a chance to retract the above statement, or at least clarify it. To suggest that ALL of corporate america is infected with "greed, corruption, graft, wast and (a) lack of ethics" is inane....about as inane as saying the members of any given race, creed, religion, etc are "this" or "that."

    If you REALLY believe this, then you will call your broker, 401k and pension managers tomorrow and completely divest of ALL corporate paper and hide the cash you get in your mattress. Otherwise, you are complicit with the corporate raiders.
    Well we got a prety good look at the banker CEO's over the last few years. I'd say there are more that fit this bill than who don't.

  10. #30
    Senior Member TxHillHunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Bee Cave, Texas
    Posts
    151

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackstone View Post
    I have had the opportunity to meet a few and a few high up corporate officers. Only one was the kind of person I would really trust. And, there are others whose exploits I have read about. Unless they were all lies, they weren't very compassionate people either.
    Perhaps we are at the meat of the matter here. You suggested a strong corporate leader may not be qualified to be president....are you suggesting that being compassionate is THE litmus test for a president?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •