The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 55

Thread: Herman Cain 4 POTUS

  1. #31
    Senior Member TxHillHunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Bee Cave, Texas
    Posts
    151

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by newlab View Post
    Well we got a prety good look at the banker CEO's over the last few years. I'd say there are more that fit this bill than who don't.
    So you will be calling your broker, 401k and/or pension manager tomorrow and selling all your financial service stock or mutual funds that own these?

  2. #32
    Senior Member luvmylabs23139's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    3,601

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackstone View Post
    You must have never been around many corporate CEOs. Most have tremendous egos, and could not care less about the average person that works for them or for the average consumer. They would cut your throat to get their bonuses. Now, I'm not saying there aren't some good corporate executives out there, but there are a lot of what I would consider to be bad ones.
    I've been around plenty of corp execs. There are very few that I have a problem with. It is their job to ensure the cpmany makes a good profit. At times they have to my choices that not everyone likes.
    I have never met a community organizer that I would trust as far as I could throw them.
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

  3. #33
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,129

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TxHillHunter View Post
    Perhaps we are at the meat of the matter here. You suggested a strong corporate leader may not be qualified to be president....are you suggesting that being compassionate is THE litmus test for a president?
    No. It is not the Litmus test. There are several qualities that make a good President. In my opinion, compassion is one of them. Certainly, a President is going to have to make decisions that will have a negative impact on some people, but those decisions should not be made without considering those that will be affected.

  4. #34
    Senior Member road kill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Berlin, WI
    Posts
    10,175

    Default

    It's far more valuable experience organizing a community on someone elses nickel than running a million dollar business with a dog of your own in the hunt!!!


    RK
    Stan b & Elvis

  5. #35
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,129

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by luvmylabs23139 View Post
    I've been around plenty of corp execs. There are very few that I have a problem with. It is their job to ensure the cpmany makes a good profit. At times they have to my choices that not everyone likes.
    I have never met a community organizer that I would trust as far as I could throw them.
    Well, I personally don't know any community organizers, so I can't comment on them as a whole. However, I have been around quite a few corp execs. If they were only concerned about corp profits and their bonuses, regardless of how it impacts employees or consumers, I didn't have a high opinion of them.

  6. #36
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,129

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by luvmylabs23139 View Post
    Fixed it for you!
    Thanks, but i pretty much said what I meant.

  7. #37
    Senior Member road kill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Berlin, WI
    Posts
    10,175

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackstone View Post
    Well, I personally don't know any community organizers, so I can't comment on them as a whole. However, I have been around quite a few corp execs. If they were only concerned about corp profits and their bonuses, regardless of how it impacts employees or consumers, I didn't have a high opinion of them.
    The President of the United States of America's most significant experience is that of a community organizer.

    Compassion or not, right now we need someone with experience handling a budget of significant $$$$'s.



    RK
    Stan b & Elvis

  8. #38
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,129

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    It's far more valuable experience organizing a community on someone elses nickel than running a million dollar business with a dog of your own in the hunt!!!


    RK
    You really only have a dog in the hunt if you have something to lose. Look at some of the compensation and separation packages some of these guys get. Even if the companies does poorly under them and they are forced out, they leave wealthy.

  9. #39
    Senior Member BonMallari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    LV/CenTex/Idaho
    Posts
    12,045

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackstone View Post
    You really only have a dog in the hunt if you have something to lose. Look at some of the compensation and separation packages some of these guys get. Even if the companies does poorly under them and they are forced out, they leave wealthy.

    and Bill Clinton isnt wealthier today then when he was in office ....I am not saying their salaries are fair or just..but just like the high priced salaries we pay athletes, the CEO's negotiated their compensation packages and the companies agreed to pay that amount along with any separation bonuses...whose fault is that, certainly not the employee...blame the board that agreed to pay them the outrageous salary and bonus package
    All my Exes live in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

  10. #40
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Port St. Lucie, Fl
    Posts
    3,611

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    The President of the United States of America's most significant experience is that of a community organizer.

    Compassion or not, right now we need someone with experience handling a budget of significant $$$$'s.



    RK
    Look at the alternative-------
    John McCain has said the economy is "not his strong suit."


    Tim Russert: "Senator McCain, you have said repeatedly, 'I know a lot less about economics than I do about military and foreign policy issues. I still need to be educated.' Is it a problem for your campaign that the economy is now the most important issue, one that, by your own acknowledgement, you're not well versed on?"
    McCain: "Actually, I don't know where you got that quote from. I'm very well versed in economics."
    It seems that Romney and Russert are both right on this point, while McCain is contradicting his previous statements.
    McCain gave an interview to the Wall Street Journal in 2005 in which he said, "I'm going to be honest: I know a lot less about economics than I do about military and foreign policy issues. I still need to be educated."
    He told the Boston Globe in December 2007, ""The issue of economics is not something I've understood as well as I should."

    The guy is so senile he doesn't remember what he said and when he said it.
    http://politifact.com/truth-o-meter/...ccain-said-it/

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •