The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Memorial service, share your thoughts

Default Memorial service, share your thoughts

Well I have mixed thoughts.
    First T shirts handed out on the back of the chairs? What the heck?
    TACKY AND DISGUSTING

It started off as a proper memorial service.
    The entire middle turned into an OBAMA pep rally. Completely disgusting.
    Again it ended as a proper memorial service.
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

My reaction to Obama..was he actually moved me at times...his message was caring, for the first time, I think he actaually said something that mattered to me...his request of us all to try to make this country something that Christina would be proud of...was to the point.

All the damn cheering was DISGUSTING...other than when he said that Gabby opened her eyes(which is cause for cheers) the "fans" really rubbed me wrong. It was sad to see so many cheering at a time of mourning....

NCA

yaeh, the cheering when he annnonced that Gabby had opened her eyes was apropriate, the rest of the cheering I found very disrepectful.
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

I didn't watch it. I figured anything that I needed to know about it, I would learn on here today. After about 3 more posts on this thread, I'll know enough about it to start arguing like I do know something!

Honestly, I did flip to it a couple times. Such a somber time and event doesn't seem like a place for all of the cheering that was going on. But who knows, maybe O is more moving in person.

Quote Originally Posted by luvmylabs23139 View Post
    yaeh, the cheering when he annnonced that Gabby had opened her eyes was apropriate, the rest of the cheering I found very disrepectful.
    Was it inappropriate to cheer when he called the aid a hero who rushed to her side as shots were still being fired to assist? That was some of the cheer I heard. Was it disprespectful for the ground zero crowd to cheer as the flag was waved and Bush said we would rise above this?

Get real. Just more political attacks as wholly expected.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    Was it inappropriate to cheer when he called the aid a hero who rushed to her side as shots were still being fired to assist? That was some of the cheer I heard. Was it disprespectful for the ground zero crowd to cheer as the flag was waved and Bush said we would rise above this?

Get real. Just more political attacks as wholly expected.
    I have never been to a funeral where any one cheered, seems inapropriate to me.
    Probably happen at mine though...........

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Was it inappropriate to cheer when he called the aid a hero who rushed to her side as shots were still being fired to assist? That was some of the cheer I heard. Was it disprespectful for the ground zero crowd to cheer as the flag was waved and Bush said we would rise above this?Get real. Just more political attacks as wholly expected.
    That was not a memorial service....

NCA

Was it inappropriate to cheer when he called the aid a hero who rushed to her side as shots were still being fired to assist?
    At a memorial service, yes it was.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

I think the environment contributed to the atmosphere.

If the memorial service had been held in a church, it would have been a different atmosphere.
    Having it at a college in a large coliseum with predominantly college students in attendance, the memorial service was less solemn and more like a pep rally.

This was my reaction. Afterwards, commentators expressed the same and said that President Obama was not prepared for the cheering, but handled it well.

Quote Originally Posted by Nor_Cal_Angler View Post
    That was not a memorial service....

NCA

bingo...once you get TV/media involved then it becomes a scripted event, throw in a visit from POTUS and you have a full blown circus, everyone getting equal face time so as not show partisanship...but as NCA stated this was not a memorial service...its probably why the whack job Westboro loons decided to skip the event
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"