The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Memorial service, share your thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by helencalif View Post
    I think the environment contributed to the atmosphere.

If the memorial service had been held in a church, it would have been a different atmosphere.
    Having it at a college in a large coliseum .
    I don't think the fact that a coliseum was used is a valid excuse.
    Last year we had a local LEO killed in the line of duty. His funeral was on the campus of Wake Forest U at it's large auditorium not the chapel. Everything was very dignified. By the way his wife was on staff at WF.
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

We are talkig about politicians here and not mourners.

Does anyone think a politicain is going to waste the opportunity that a tragedy presents to enhance thier campaigns, do you?
    The Libertarian Party believes that all persons are entitled to keep the fruits of their labor. A call for the repeal of the income tax, abolishment of the Internal Revenue Service and all federal programs and services not required under the U.S. Constitution. We support the passage of a "Balanced Budget Amendment" to the U.S. Constitution, provided that the budget is balanced exclusively by cutting expenditures, and not by raising taxes. LP.org

Quote Originally Posted by M&K's Retrievers View Post
    At a memorial service, yes it was.
    Well, maybe the people who actually attended the service, and were more closely affected by the tragedy are better equipped to decide if they want to offer applause at certain points of the event.

But then again, maybe folks sitting on the computer in other parts of the country are better at massacre memorial service etiquette?
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    Well, maybe the people who actually attended the service, and were more closely affected by the tragedy are better equipped to decide if they want to offer applause at certain points of the event.

But then again, maybe folks sitting on the computer in other parts of the country are better at massacre memorial service etiquette?
    While we're on the subject of 'maybes', maybe there was one of these!

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post

And you think giving a memorial service a name and handing out T-shirts was apropriate?
    That was disgusting.
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

I am not going to say that Tuscon cant mourn how they want to...

But the title was "Memorial Service, Share YOUR thought"

My thoughts were that all the college students...chanting Obama Obama Obama, Obama we love you!!!!!! Was a DISGRACE...and I stated so.

I bet half of those kids, went drunk!!!!!!

"Dude, did you hear Obama is comming to our school" "I'm totally going, bro" "Yea, lets go bro...and lets get drunk dude...it'll be cool, man cuz when Obama gets up on stage we can totally yell out to him, man it will be like he is talking to us..bro"

95% of the students wouldnt have been there regards,

NCA....

I agree with whom ever said it..."if this were at a church this wouldnt be a topic"

Quote Originally Posted by Nor_Cal_Angler View Post
    I am not going to say that Tuscon cant mourn how they want to...

But the title was "Memorial Service, Share YOUR thought"

My thoughts were that all the college students...chanting Obama Obama Obama, Obama we love you!!!!!! Was a DISGRACE...and I stated so.

I bet half of those kids, went drunk!!!!!!

"Dude, did you hear Obama is comming to our school" "I'm totally going, bro" "Yea, lets go bro...and lets get drunk dude...it'll be cool, man cuz when Obama gets up on stage we can totally yell out to him, man it will be like he is talking to us..bro"

95% of the students wouldnt have been there regards,

NCA....

I agree with whom ever said it..."if this were at a church this wouldnt be a topic"
    Funny!
    Man, you guys must have your panties in a perma-twist!
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

I wonder how many people Glenn Beck is ticking off today?

http://mediamatters.org/mmtv/201101130006

Seems that these days, there are a lot of conservatives who have a negative visceral reaction to unifying the country.

I wonder why that is?
    Last edited by Buzz; 01-13-2011 at 01:03 PM.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post

Seems that these days, there are a lot of conservatives who have a negative visceral reaction to unifying the country.

I wonder why that is?
    Its easier to control the masses if you keep them scared and looking for their shepard. And Dear Mr. Beck is such a compassionate sheperd. Did you hear his sermon the other day...

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post

I wonder why that is?
    Who are you saying is unifying the country? Obama? Seriously? He coined the term "bitter clinger", after the election he reminded the republicans "I won, you lost". The great unifier...
    Bill Davis