The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Memorial service, share your thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by M&K's Retrievers View Post
    Duh! And exactly were/are you left wing extremists doing to Bush?
    OH NO! It's Bush's fault. anyone who disagreed with him should have kept their traps shut.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    [B]My portfolio is back to where it was, and then some.
    When did the dow hit 14K+? I must have been out hunting that day and missed the news...

Quote Originally Posted by ducknwork View Post
    When did the dow hit 14K+? I must have been out hunting that day and missed the news...

It is possible to do better than the DOW. My retirement savings is about 3 times what it was before the crap hit the fan. But FWIW, the DOW is a very poor indication of how the average American is making out.

I forget where I saw it, but I read recently that a big fraction of those with IRA's sold when the DOW was way down and have yet to re-enter the market. Ouch!
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Gov Brewer has been trying to get the Pres here for a long time its a shame it took a a tragedy like this for him to come to AZ
    GMHR Riparian Bearly Behavin MH QAA (FC AFC Rebel with A Cause X AFC Bams Liberty Belle MH )
    GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare (MHR Tanglewood Iron Dago x Wind River Poppin Pepper)
    MHR Highlands Bearcat (FC AFC Suncrest Bear X GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare)
    Croppers Gold Dust (NAFC FC M D's Cotton Pick' N Cropper X Hunka Papas Chardonnay JH )

Quote Originally Posted by gmhr1 View Post
    Gov Brewer has been trying to get the Pres here for a long time its a shame it took a a tragedy like this for him to come to AZ
    Obama is only going to do something if he thinks it benefits his agenda. Visiting the border and seeing for himself the level of problems we have down there does not benefit him in any way. He would rather pretend that problem does not exsist.
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    Obama is only going to do something if he thinks it benefits his agenda. Visiting the border and seeing for himself the level of problems we have down there does not benefit him in any way. He would rather pretend that problem does not exsist.
    Insert Buzz's head up the arse picture here.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Quote Originally Posted by ducknwork View Post
    PM me and I'll give you the names of some good financial advisors.
    I hope you're not 100% invested in Dow industrials!!!

Try some emerging market funds, or cap growth.

I might ask Buzz for some advice....I was happy until I read his post!
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

PM me and I'll give you the names of some good financial advisors.
    I hope you're not 100% invested in Dow industrials!!!

Try some emerging market funds, or cap growth.

I might ask Buzz for some advice....I was happy until I read his post!
    Note to Ducknwork - MD's are not noted for their financial acumen .

I would comment - the time to buy was October '08 - March '09. Now you need to be quite selective. Good stocks are not cheap like they were then. Portfolio also above the level it was at 14K, & things are looking great. No thanks to BHO - just good old American ingenuity. When we return to the 5% unemployment of the old days is when the market will be ready to overheat.

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Just my impression from 1800 miles away....
    Quote Originally Posted by dnf777
    It was a beautiful ceremony. It paid respects, it celebrated life. It was apolitical. A true hero gave his comments.

Give it a freakin' break!

Find some good in the world for once. Not everything has to be evil and sinister. __________________
    Just "my impression" fron 14795.49 +/- miles away (per Yahoo Maps) as the OP asked Dave.

Did you miss my opening line, that I was actually "proud" of the President (overall) for once? I even agreed that, for the most part, the President said what needed to be said in this instance. Give me some credit ok?

On a serious note though, do you care to discuss that PBO, the quintessential US overnmant figure at this time, has his speeches so carefully scripted, that everything means something? Especially in a national spotlight situation like this ? Ie "We should be willing to challenge old assumptions ..." If that is not a political insertion into what you assert was an "apolitical" event, I don't know what is. That's straight out of "Campaign 101" imo.
    We constantly have statements issued from this White House that, when challenged, are defended in the guise of "oh, that was just a metaphor" or "well, he /she was only speaking in aphorism". Sorry, but I don't buy that dog. For example, when a czar/aide to the POTUS says they agree with /admire Chairman Mao, one of the most murderous Communist leaders in history, that, to me, says something about that person, as well as the person that appointed them to that position.

Also, in as far as Hernandez' comments go, I asked "why did he say what he did?" after acknowledging his youth & public speaking experience. Although, "Gabby" is on record against amnesty, she does state that "they (illegals) must be brought out from the shadows"., one of the current "buzz phrases" on immigration. Given his ostensibly Hispanic heritage based on his surname, is it unreasonable to think he may have taken advantage of his "15 minutes of fame" ?
    "It's not that government is inherently stupid, although that's a debatable question."
    Rand Paul CPAC speech 2011

I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it. Thomas Jefferson to Archibald Stuart, 1791

[QUOTE=Marvin S;733250]Note to Ducknwork - MD's are not noted for their financial acumen .

Note to Marvin: Smart MDs retain the services of nationally syndicated stock brokers and investment planners for their financial strategies!

We have a deal....I don't tell him what stocks to buy, and he doesn't take out my appendix. Works really well.

Way ahead of the Dow regards.....
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!