The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Memorial service, share your thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    I would comment - the time to buy was October '08 - March '09. Now you need to be quite selective. Good stocks are not cheap like they were then. Portfolio also above the level it was at 14K, & things are looking great. No thanks to BHO - just good old American ingenuity. When we return to the 5% unemployment of the old days is when the market will be ready to overheat.

Amen Marvin. And to Dave, I just happened to be really lucky and have a decent amount of cash on hand during the time period mentioned above. Nothing more to it than being lucky and looking at good companies that were not going anywhere they were selling really really cheap. It's human nature to panic and sell when prices are really low and falling, then jump in and buy or hang on when prices are high and rising.
    Last edited by Buzz; 01-15-2011 at 12:32 PM.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Amen Marvin. And to Dave, I just happened to be really lucky and have a decent amount of cash on hand during the time period mentioned above. Nothing more to it that looking at good companies that were not going anywhere they were selling really really cheap. It's human nature to panic and sell when prices are really low and falling, then jump in and buy or hang on when prices are high and rising.
    Luck is prepared opportunity. I missed on a few right at the end, but overall am happy. It will happen again as it did in '63, '87, '90, just to mention a few. I didn't get hit in the tech crash as we don't own tech, a commodity at a high PE.

But I started a new thread "Note ot Ducknwork" so whatever is worthwhile can have it's own thread. I think it very important to the youngsters on this forum, which you all are relative to me, to have a working knowledge of investing. Then you can figure out what you are doing wrong , as we all make a mistake or two.

Investing is like farming, if you are harvesting good yields on all your crops it's luck or you are not taking enough risk.

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Amen Marvin. And to Dave, I just happened to be really lucky and have a decent amount of cash on hand during the time period mentioned above. Nothing more to it than being lucky and looking at good companies that were not going anywhere they were selling really really cheap. It's human nature to panic and sell when prices are really low and falling, then jump in and buy or hang on when prices are high and rising.

The way my advisor told me (from his satellite phone,while he was yachting the Mediterranian with Marvin ) was when Kmart has a sale, people break the doors rushing in. When Wall Street has a sale (Everything 50% off) people run away and ask for their money back!
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by luvmylabs23139 View Post
    Well I have mixed thoughts.
    First T shirts handed out on the back of the chairs? What the heck?
    TACKY AND DISGUSTING

It started off as a proper memorial service.
    The entire middle turned into an OBAMA pep rally. Completely disgusting.
    Again it ended as a proper memorial service.
    Well luvmylabs {and other critics} please share your thoughts on Cheney and Newt Gingrich's impressions on Obama's handling of the Tucson tragedy

Quote Originally Posted by mjh345 View Post
    Well luvmylabs {and other critics} please share your thoughts on Cheney and Newt Gingrich's impressions on Obama's handling of the Tucson tragedy
    I have no idea what their opinions were nor do I care. I speak for myself. I found the pep rally atmosphere disgusting . I don't blame Obama directly but he could have shut it down. I felt the actions of the crowd were not respectful to those who lost their lives.
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

Quote Originally Posted by luvmylabs23139 View Post
    I have no idea what their opinions were nor do I care. I speak for myself. I found the pep rally atmosphere disgusting . I don't blame Obama directly but he could have shut it down. I felt the actions of the crowd were not respectful to those who lost their lives.
    Then you should have gotten up an left.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    Be nice and leave.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

On Rush Limbaugh's program he has the "official" obama ctiticizer, Bo Snerdley.

I hereby pronounce you, DNF, the Official Obama Defender in all things trivial and unimportant!
    Bill Davis

What sort of grammar is that? Just saying.
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    On Rush Limbaugh's program he has the "official" obama ctiticizer, Bo Snerdley.

I hereby pronounce you, DNF, the Official Obama Defender in all things trivial and unimportant!
    I wasn't defending Obama. I was defending the right to get up and leave if anyone found the memorial service offensive.

Funny thing though, of the thousands actually present, none got up to leave.

If you read these forums, you will see me criticize Obama. Mostly for his continuation of Bush policies and wars.

I hereby pronounce you, HUNTINGMAN, the official Luvvy defender!