The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 47

Thread: Gas Prices

  1. #11
    Senior Member Franco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Lafayette, La.
    Posts
    10,663

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Goose View Post
    $2.99 here. The only good thing about higher gas prices is it will guarantee this worthless bum-of-a-President will be a one-termer. Keep your pantry stocked.

    We live in Cuba now.
    Goose, how could you say that?

    The Cubans are stepping up their exploration of oil in the Gulf Of Mexico while we are backing off!

    They've partnered with China and a few European countries to see just how much they have. I'll bet they do some directional drilling
    http://af.reuters.com/article/energy...23371820110108
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

  2. #12
    Senior Member Goose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    McKinney, Texas
    Posts
    808

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Goose, how could you say that?

    The Cubans are stepping up their exploration of oil in the Gulf Of Mexico while we are backing off!

    They've partnered with China and a few European countries to see just how much they have. I'll bet they do some directional drilling
    http://af.reuters.com/article/energy...23371820110108
    It's just so unbelievable how stupid we are. Fidel and his buddies drillin' for oil in our Gulf of Mexico but we'd prefer to turn corn and cow manure into gas, drive Chevy Volts or a moped and save the planet from global warming. I bet we see $4 gas this year or how about $5? If you see a leftist or a keynesian today kick him in the crotch.

    What's next! What's next! What's next!

  3. #13
    Senior Member Nor_Cal_Angler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Pittsburg, Ca
    Posts
    660

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    Let me guess...Citgo or whatever they call themselves now..owned by Venezuela
    Bon, no I wouldnt purchase Citgo on principal...and yea you guessed it, it is because it is Venezuela Chavez owned...

    But in my post I was saying that I woulnt put that 3.12 dollar a gallon gas in "Your" car becasue I am not that mean...it is the "CHEAP of the CHEAP" stuff...

    FIRM CHEVRON supporter...

    NCA

  4. #14
    Senior Member Franco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Lafayette, La.
    Posts
    10,663

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nor_Cal_Angler View Post

    Bon, no I wouldnt purchase Citgo on principal...and yea you guessed it, it is because it is Venezuela Chavez owned...


    NCA
    What if you drove a gasoline powered vehicle and the only pure gas you could buy was Citgo?

    You would damage your engine burning 10% ethanol over lenthening the life of your engine because our government supports a major pork/earmark project to produce ethanol? That the government says they don't care what damage buring ethanol does to your engine, they have these ear marks and they damn well are going to spend borrowed money the tax payer has to pay for. Because some midwest corn growing states have Senators that sold thier vote for another ear mark for other states, so they could get support for thiers.

    I don't see a whole lot of difference between Hugo Chavez and out too big Fed government!

    BTW, I buy all my gas at Citgo because they are the only ones that sell pure gas!
    Last edited by Franco; 01-13-2011 at 08:05 PM.
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

  5. #15
    Senior Member scott2012's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    116

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nor_Cal_Angler View Post
    Bon, no I wouldnt purchase Citgo on principal...and yea you guessed it, it is because it is Venezuela Chavez owned...

    But in my post I was saying that I woulnt put that 3.12 dollar a gallon gas in "Your" car becasue I am not that mean...it is the "CHEAP of the CHEAP" stuff...

    FIRM CHEVRON supporter...
    NCA
    Oh please..........Chevron.......LOL!!!!!! The only reason Chevron is even around is because T Boone Pickens screwed over the Gulf employees years ago when he did a back door deal with the Gulf and Chevron board of directors.
    PUUULEEASE!!! LMAO!!!

  6. #16
    Senior Member M&K's Retrievers's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Royse City, TX
    Posts
    5,141

    Default

    I will not buy either one. Conoco for me.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

    Mike Whitworth

  7. #17
    Senior Member BonMallari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    LV/CenTex/Idaho
    Posts
    12,542

    Default

    I will use whoever has the best prices along my route...I used to be a BP customer but soured on their handling of the spill...I look for Maverik on the GPS when choosing gas stations on the road, I will also use Costco when I can


    on an unrelated note : if you ever get a chance to try a roast beef/cheddar bundle at Maverik, they are outstanding..the chicken cordon bleu is good too...best hot sandwiches on the road when you just dont want a McNasty mcmuffin
    All my Exes live in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

  8. #18
    Senior Member Nor_Cal_Angler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Pittsburg, Ca
    Posts
    660

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    What if you drove a gasoline powered vehicle and the only pure gas you could buy was Citgo?

    You would damage your engine burning 10% ethanol over lenthening the life of your engine because our government supports a major pork/earmark project to produce ethanol? That the government says they don't care what damage buring ethanol does to your engine, they have these ear marks and they damn well are going to spend borrowed money the tax payer has to pay for. Because some midwest corn growing states have Senators that sold thier vote for another ear mark for other states, so they could get support for thiers.

    I don't see a whole lot of difference between Hugo Chavez and out too big Fed government!

    BTW, I buy all my gas at Citgo because they are the only ones that sell pure gas!
    If it came to a choice between damage/less life expectancy (sp ?) or purchase and support a dictator that is an American Hate'n Funny Eye'd Commie Bastard....then I choose Ethanol....

    Franco, enjoy that pure gas...I dont have issue with it for YOU...I never will.

    And I have already enjoyed the fruits of ethanol....4500 dollar new boat motor....but hey I picked up 40 hp and 85 ft/lbs of tq out of my brand new V8....lol

    PS...Thats why my daily driver is a DIESEL...my Hot Rod is gas.


    Quote Originally Posted by scott2012 View Post
    Oh please..........Chevron.......LOL!!!!!! The only reason Chevron is even around is because T Boone Pickens screwed over the Gulf employees years ago when he did a back door deal with the Gulf and Chevron board of directors.
    PUUULEEASE!!! LMAO!!!
    Uncle Standard has been good to my family....your grudge with T Boone isnt my concern...the product they turn out is my concern and it is TOP TIER.

  9. #19
    Senior Member BonMallari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    LV/CenTex/Idaho
    Posts
    12,542

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scott2012 View Post
    Oh please..........Chevron.......LOL!!!!!! The only reason Chevron is even around is because T Boone Pickens screwed over the Gulf employees years ago when he did a back door deal with the Gulf and Chevron board of directors.
    PUUULEEASE!!! LMAO!!!

    Dont be sore because T Boone donates a ton of $$$$ to Ok State and they still get beat by the Sooners..(eww dont like the taste of that word)
    All my Exes live in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

  10. #20
    Senior Member Juli H's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    The coldest part of Alaska
    Posts
    3,674

    Default

    $3.66/gal in Tok
    God answers prayers all the time. Even the ones we don't know we asked. God is Good (always)

    "There are only two ways to live your life.
    One is as though nothing is a miracle.
    The other is as though everything is a miracle."

    - Albert Einstein

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •