The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Gas Prices

Our lowest here is $3.19 being at Arco and then highest is $3.39 at Chevron. We typically go to Valero though since it is just a mile from us and they are $3.29.

I wish I lived back in my town in Texas, only $2.87 there.
    Laura

~Retriever families are like fudge, mostly sweet, with a few nuts!~

Quote Originally Posted by Goose View Post
    $2.99 here. The only good thing about higher gas prices is it will guarantee this worthless bum-of-a-President will be a one-termer. Keep your pantry stocked.

We live in Cuba now.
    I'm afraid that's not the way that it's going to work. Gas prices will go up for the rest of the year...approaching maybe $4/gallon or more. Everyone will get all upset and demand that something be done...In late 2011 or early 2012, some legislation will be passed regarding gas/gas prices. The prices will magically begin to come down 6-7 months before the election, falling to 'normal' prices by November and O will claim all the credit for making gas affordable for the average citizen again. How many votes will that buy?

Oh, as far as our gas prices, 3.05-3.10. I have seen one station with some for 2.79, but I have to go out of my way to get there and risk getting mugged in the parking lot. The people in that neighborhood don't like my type...

We keep getting hit with $4.00 a gallon prices until we stop squealing.
    Eventually we will get used to it.
    Then it will stay there.

Sooner or later it will happen.

No other reason than $$$$$$!!!!

RK
    Last edited by road kill; 01-14-2011 at 07:34 AM.
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by ducknwork View Post
    I'm afraid that's not the way that it's going to work. Gas prices will go up for the rest of the year...approaching maybe $4/gallon or more. Everyone will get all upset and demand that something be done...In late 2011 or early 2012, some legislation will be passed regarding gas/gas prices. The prices will magically begin to come down 6-7 months before the election, falling to 'normal' prices by November and O will claim all the credit for making gas affordable for the average citizen again. How many votes will that buy?

Oh, as far as our gas prices, 3.05-3.10. I have seen one station with some for 2.79, but I have to go out of my way to get there and risk getting mugged in the parking lot. The people in that neighborhood don't like my type...
    Congress has zero control over the price of gas at the pump. They can pass legislation all day long but that doesn't mean the suppliers have to sell it to us for more than what they can get for it on the world market.

That is what is so frustrating for Obama, he realized that the oil producing companies are bigger and more influential than he is when it comes to energy.
    “The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.” –Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Nor_Cal_Angler View Post
    If it came to a choice between damage/less life expectancy (sp ?) or purchase and support a dictator that is an American Hate'n Funny Eye'd Commie Bastard....then I choose Ethanol....

Franco, enjoy that pure gas...I dont have issue with it for YOU...I never will.

And I have already enjoyed the fruits of ethanol....4500 dollar new boat motor....but hey I picked up 40 hp and 85 ft/lbs of tq out of my brand new V8....lol

PS...Thats why my daily driver is a DIESEL...my Hot Rod is gas.
    Like I said, I don't see any difference between Congress(out of control big government) forcing drivers to burn 10% to 15% ethanol any different than Hugo Chavez being a commie. It is the same Big Brother mentallity.

Here we are subsidizing the ethanol industry which is nothing more than a pork/earmark project costing tax payers billions. No one looks at ethanol as a solution. But, to the uneducated, it looks like a good program and that Congress is trying to do something, anything. Just more big government waste!
    “The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.” –Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Congress has zero control over the price of gas at the pump. They can pass legislation all day long but that doesn't mean the suppliers have to sell it to us for more than what they can get for it on the world market.

That is what is so frustrating for Obama, he realized that the oil producing companies are bigger and more influential than he is when it comes to energy.
    Obama most certainly can affect prices at the pump.

All he has to do is lift the drilling moratorium..........then watch!!!!

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

2.99-3.14 here.

I tried to run E85 in my truck 1 time. I use a tank of gas in a week normally, That time it was about 3 days before I was on Empty.
    My Father,My Friend,My teacher,and now My Angel~ 04/21/1956-03/21/2011 You will always be missed. I hope to learn half of the stuff you knew.

~Blessed are those who mourn for they shall be comforted~

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Obama most certainly can affect prices at the pump.

All he has to do is lift the drilling moratorium..........then watch!!!!

RK
    not a chance in Hades...to the left,oil is the boogie man , oil = Cheney / Bush, and there is no way they give "drill baby drill" Palin any momentum for 2012..the other piece to the puzzle is the environmental left tree hugger crowd would never allow building of refineries, but will push their alternative energy agenda
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

$3.03-3.16 for diesel here at the Texas/OK border. Higher in Dallas. Our little community here put a Citgo station out of business in less than a year by boycotting their product. It is a pain to us diesel users because it was the only game in town.

Franco, I wish you would reconsider. Ethanol is crap but it's our crap.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Quote Originally Posted by M&K's Retrievers View Post
    $

Franco, I wish you would reconsider. Ethanol is crap but it's our crap.
    We have 6 Citgo stations in our metro. Only 1 sells pure gas and it is near my home. The owner of the station has lived here all his life and is a Cajun. Because he is the only one in our metro that sells pure gas, his buisness has really taken off as people come from near and far to fill thier tanks.

If I had an alternative place to buy pure gas other tahn a Citgo, I would. But, right now this Citgo has the better product and I like buying my gas that doesn't come from the middle east. Most of the gas mentioned on this thread buy thier gas from the Sauidis and refined here. So, pick your own devil!