The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Denver Broncos hire Fox

Default Denver Broncos hire Fox

the Denver Broncos must be into recycling because they just hired John Fox who was dismissed from the Carolina Panthers....is that the best that Elway could come up with....who did they interview to satisfy the Rooney rule, which we all know is a joke...I am not a Broncos fan but I do get tired of the coaching carousel..
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    the Denver Broncos must be into recycling because they just hired John Fox who was dismissed from the Carolina Panthers....is that the best that Elway could come up with....who did they interview to satisfy the Rooney rule, which we all know is a joke...I am not a Broncos fan but I do get tired of the coaching carousel..
    Coaching carousel? Hell, you'd get dizzy here in Dallas. I believe it now 7 or 8 head coaches in 22 years. That's awful.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Quote Originally Posted by M&K's Retrievers View Post
    Coaching carousel? Hell, you'd get dizzy here in Dallas. I believe it now 7 or 8 head coaches in 22 years. That's awful.
    Jerah should have never gotten rid of JJ....even Barry was a winner, but Wade was never a big winner..nice guy but ...I mean Dave Campo, Chan Gailey..puhleeze...He should have hired Butch Davis but then thats back to the JJ era
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Fox has a great Defensive mind. Put him together with a great Offensive mind and you have a winner. That is if Fox allows the O to throw the ball.
    Collecting more taxes than is absolutely necessary is legalized robbery. Calvin Coolidge

Broncos interim coach was interviewed which satisfied the Rooney rule.
    Fox thinks Tebow is a very hard worker but has a long way to go to be a NFL QB.
    Boy do I agree with that! Hope it works out but McD put them in a big hole. But when I was on the staff of the Broncos we were 4-22-2 and then I left and they got better!
    Go Broncos.
    PS I had Wade as a soph linebacker at El Paso high school. Glad to see him with the Texans!
    Last edited by sinner; 01-15-2011 at 11:39 AM. Reason: typing erors
    This is what he was all about!:
    Vinny last hunting year
    53 pheasants in South Dakota 200 + ducks in Idaho
    Lasting memories Vinny was 13+ years old!

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Fox has a great Defensive mind. Put him together with a great Offensive mind and you have a winner. That is if Fox allows the O to throw the ball.
    Unlikely that he will. He hates to throw the ball. Bronco fans will learn to love that 3rd and long draw play every time.

I am really surprised someone would pick him up as a head coach. Seriously? The Broncos couldn't find someone with a better record than 2 games above .500 in nine years? Only 3 winning seasons and never two back to back? During all this time he had some great defensive talent but they always seemed to underperform.

Jerah should have never gotten rid of JJ....even Barry was a winner, but Wade was never a big winner..nice guy but ...I mean Dave Campo, Chan Gailey..puhleeze...He should have hired Butch Davis but then thats back to the JJ era
    Great point! But Switzer took over such a talented, pumped team, I bet Englebert Humperdinck could have coached them to a superbowl that year. While playing the piano.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Banned

I don't get Ellway in his new position as GM or whatever they're calling him. Who's running the team, Fox or Elway? It's more likely to end in a head butt contest than a marriage. Fox was a good coach. Can you pick the keyword there?

Since the MooseGooser hasn't given any "thumbs up" to this decision, I'm guessing he's still PO'd, despite his hero JE returning to help out.

Taking on the Denver Bronco head job is at best a thankless position in life, ranking right next to whoever takes on the POTUS next election. It will require a complete rejection of what has transpired the past few years, and a total rebuilding project. I doubt Fox will be there for very long...the task is too daunting.

UB
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bill View Post
    Since the MooseGooser hasn't given any "thumbs up" to this decision, I'm guessing he's still PO'd, despite his hero JE returning to help out.

Taking on the Denver Bronco head job is at best a thankless position in life, ranking right next to whoever takes on the POTUS next election. It will require a complete rejection of what has transpired the past few years, and a total rebuilding project. I doubt Fox will be there for very long...the task is too daunting.

UB
    Don't you mean "took on the POTUS last election"??
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!