Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Maine Gov tells NAACP "kiss my butt"

Default Maine Gov tells NAACP "kiss my butt"

It's about time someone told them off!

Maine gov tells NAACP to 'kiss my butt'
    Politico ^| 1/14/11 | Jennifer Epstein
    Posted on 01/14/2011 12:31:52 PM PST by markomalley

Maine’s governor on Friday told a major African American organization to “kiss my butt” after the group complained he wasn’t taking part in Martin Luther King Day events next week.
    Paul LePage, a newly elected Republican, is facing criticism from the NAACP for turning down invitations to events marking the MLK holiday on Monday.
    “Tell them to kiss my butt,” the governor, who’s been in office two weeks, said in a local TV interview.
    The NAACP said earlier this week that LePage had rejected invitations to attend its events while campaigning and since taking office earlier this month.
    “We don’t want to misinterpret his intention, but the message we’re getting is that we’re not welcome and we’re not part of the Maine he’s preparing to lead for the next four years,” said Rachel Talbot Ross, state director of the NAACP and president of the NAACP Portland Branch, the Kennebec Journal reported.
    LePage said he isn’t doesn’t cater to special interest groups and considers the NAACP to be one.
    “They are a special interest - end of story,” he said. “And I’m not going to be held hostage by any special interests.”
    He insisted that his decision to skip the MLK Day events had nothing to do with race.
    “If they want, they can look at my family picture,” he said. “My son happens to be black, so they can do whatever they’d like about it.”
    LePage’s son is adopted.
    LePage said he’s simply too busy to attend. “The fact of the matter there’s only so many hours in a day, so many hours in a week and so much that you can do,” he said.
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

Sad thing is the title of the article....

He most likely didnt say anything of the sort...and now everyone and the mother is gonna label this REPUBLICAN a racisit along with the RACISIT extream right wing that all republicans belong to...

NCA

Link to Politico's main page....

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0111/47628.html

Good lord....look at the picture they croped and decided to use...this guy is almost certainly a RIGHT WING RACISIT

Quote Originally Posted by Nor_Cal_Angler View Post
    Sad thing is the title of the article....

He most likely didnt say anything of the sort...and now everyone and the mother is gonna label this REPUBLICAN a racisit along with the RACISIT extream right wing that all republicans belong to...

NCA

Oh he said it. The newstation has the video of the interview up on their website. Three cheers for the Governor.

really....well good for him.

I am a believe firmly that you say what you mean...you dont retract what you say...and you dont play the PC game.

If you can't say it for everyone to hear...it souldnt be said.

NCA

www.wcsh6.com is the tv station.

I am a believe firmly that you say what you mean...you dont retract what you say...and you dont play the PC game.

NCA
    How about playing the "polite public servant game". Do you REALLY want this type of trash talk in our government? Sounds like this guy should be in POTUS, not a legitimate public office! Like it or not, he also serves those members of the NAACP, and they deserve the same polite discourse as ADM or Exxon execs.

Disclaimer: before the deluge of examples of democrats saying mean things, I fully acknowledge that BOTH parties are capable of childish behavior. Please save the bandwidth. I know its there. I am aware of Biden dropping the f-bomb.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

NCA
    It is refreshing to see a politician that doesn't think they have to be PC. Lets face it, much of the NCAA's tactics have been no different that Jesse Jackson's or Al Sharpton's. They wouldn't accept a "no" and the man got firm with them.
    Last edited by Franco; 01-15-2011 at 07:45 AM.
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    How about playing the "polite public servant game". Do you REALLY want this type of trash talk in our government? Sounds like this guy should be in POTUS, not a legitimate public office! Like it or not, he also serves those members of the NAACP, and they deserve the same polite discourse as ADM or Exxon execs.

Disclaimer: before the deluge of examples of democrats saying mean things, I fully acknowledge that BOTH parties are capable of childish behavior. Please save the bandwidth. I know its there. I am aware of Biden dropping the f-bomb.
    Please save the bandwidth? Man you are full of yourself aren't you. You throw your two cents in on every subject, follow it with a disclaimer saying don't bother replying.... cause we should all know you are right... what tripe.
    Bill Davis

Personally I would love to has him as my Governor. I'm tired of everyone kissing the NAACP's butts. They are, as he says, nothing more than any other special intrest group.

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post

So what if it were the KKK?
    Aren't they also his constuants if they live in his state?
    Yes I picked them for a reason. I think the NAACP is just as racist as they are.