The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 100

Thread: Maine Gov tells NAACP "kiss my butt"

  1. #11
    Senior Member BrianW's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Athol, North Idaho
    Posts
    885

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    How about playing the "polite public servant game". Do you REALLY want this type of trash talk in our government? Sounds like this guy should be in POTUS, not a legitimate public office! Like it or not, he also serves those members of the NAACP, and they deserve the same polite discourse as ADM or Exxon execs.
    Let's look at the sequence of events as presented so far:
    Org issues invitation(s) to Gov.
    Gov. says no, he's too busy.
    Org then issues public "complaint" to attempt to pressure Gov. into attending event
    Then when informed of "complaint", Gov gets angry & responds with "offensive" remark.

    Why couldn't the NAACP just have let the initial refusal stand?
    What part of "No" didn't they understand, the "N" or the "o"?
    "the message we’re getting is that we’re not welcome"
    It isn't like the NAACP was excluded from an official state function. Do you think ADM or Exxon, to use your examples, would issue public statements complaining that Maine's chief executive wouldn't attend one of their events?

    But because of their agenda, the Assoc. felt they had to "call out" LePage, the newly elected governor and try to get him on the defensive early in his administration. Because in the public court of "racism", it's been well demonstrated that you're guilty until proven innocent.
    I'd get upset too and probably wouldn't have responded that politely.
    "It's not that government is inherently stupid, although that's a debatable question."
    Rand Paul CPAC speech 2011

    I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it. Thomas Jefferson to Archibald Stuart, 1791
    ________________________________________
    Proud partner of (HR) WR SR Brian's 44Magnum Monster
    co-owned by HR Rianne's 2nd Chance Hurricane Rebel

  2. #12
    Senior Member luvmylabs23139's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    3,771

    Default

    The governor also happens to be in a rather unique situation. The governor is white and has an adopted son who is black. It is amazing that the NAACP still wants to turn this into a race issue. You would think even they would realize how stupid it makes them look.
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

  3. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    1,347

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    It is refreshing to see a politician that doesn't think they have to be PC. Lets face it, much of the NCAA's tactics have been no different that Jesse Jackson's or Al Sharpton's. They wouldn't accept a "no" and the man got firm with them.
    I have to agree on the NCAA's tactics. That whole BSC thing is bogus! We need a real playoff

  4. #14
    Senior Member dnf777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Western Pa
    Posts
    6,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BrianW View Post
    Let's look at the sequence of events as presented so far:
    Org issues invitation(s) to Gov.
    Gov. says no, he's too busy.
    Org then issues public "complaint" to attempt to pressure Gov. into attending event
    Then when informed of "complaint", Gov gets angry & responds with "offensive" remark.

    Why couldn't the NAACP just have let the initial refusal stand?
    What part of "No" didn't they understand, the "N" or the "o"?
    "the message we’re getting is that we’re not welcome"
    It isn't like the NAACP was excluded from an official state function. Do you think ADM or Exxon, to use your examples, would issue public statements complaining that Maine's chief executive wouldn't attend one of their events?

    But because of their agenda, the Assoc. felt they had to "call out" LePage, the newly elected governor and try to get him on the defensive early in his administration. Because in the public court of "racism", it's been well demonstrated that you're guilty until proven innocent.
    I'd get upset too and probably wouldn't have responded that politely.
    I agree with much of what you say. The NAACP certainly has a history of saying and doing stupid things. Even racist. I have said here that Al Sharpton is very racist. So don't paint me as sympathetic to the NAACP or any other SIG.

    My point was that once elected, and sworn to serve the state and people, it would behoove one not to engage in childish name calling like we do here on POTUS. They're supposed to rise above that, I would think.

    What you point out in regards to the NAACP's response is a good point, and makes them look less than reasonable. He could have just let it go at that, and appeared better than them. Now, he looks just as silly, if not more.

    Luvvy--why not invoke Naziism while you're at it? As far as I know, the NAACP has not ordered and condoned the killing of innocent children in church, or numerous lynchings. I'm not here to defend the NAACP, nor have I....but to compare them to the KKK is a little over the top, eh? If you don't think so, I would suggest some remedial American History 101. Oh, and I'm the last to be a spell-checker, but I have no idea what you refer to by "constuants"???? If you mean "constituents", you're not even close enough for my spell checker to recognize and guess at what you're trying to say.

    Huntingman: Please don't accuse me of things I didn't say. Too much of that going around here. I said please don't start another tit-for-tat listing of counterexamples that we all know exist already. I'm conceding that point, as I already agree. I NEVER attempt to squash debate. Its how we learn and grow, so long as we approach it with open eyes and ears. Your entire reply however, addressed NOTHING in regards to the topic, rather it was just a personal attack. I really don't care, but don't say I said "don't bother replying". That's just not true.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

  5. #15
    Senior Member luvmylabs23139's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    3,771

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    Luvvy Oh, and I'm the last to be a spell-checker, but I have no idea what you refer to by "constuants"???? If you mean "constituents", you're not even close enough for my spell checker to recognize and guess at what you're trying to say.

    .
    I thought you gave up silly sniping. Yeah I tend not to proofread internet postings and I never run spell check. But if you didn't know the word I meant to type you have a problem.
    I will be the first to admit that my spelling tends to suck. I fit the stereotype of numbers people are lousy spellers. Big deal, when it is important, such as in business I proofread and can find my errors without using spellcheck.
    Weird thing is that I will notice the one typo that gets thru a 1000 page book.
    I never paid much attention or ever bothered to study for English classes. I had no reason to. I pulled staight A's with not effort and had no interest in the subject.
    On a totally different note :
    Bad lighting, Abner pretending to be choc, or do you have another lab we have never met? Very cute pic in your aviator!
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

  6. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Port St. Lucie, Fl
    Posts
    3,611

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by luvmylabs23139 View Post
    I thought you gave up silly sniping. Yeah I tend not to proofread internet postings and I never run spell check. But if you didn't know the word I meant to type you have a problem.
    I will be the first to admit that my spelling tends to suck. I fit the stereotype of numbers people are lousy spellers. Big deal, when it is important, such as in business I proofread and can find my errors without using spellcheck.
    Weird thing is that I will notice the one typo that gets thru a 1000 page book.
    I never paid much attention or ever bothered to study for English classes. I had no reason to. I pulled staight A's with not effort and had no interest in the subject.
    On a totally different note :
    Bad lighting, Abner pretending to be choc, or do you have another lab we have never met? Very cute pic in your aviator!
    If you had straight "A's" in english perhaps you can explain what you meant in underlined sentence.

  7. #17
    Senior Member road kill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Berlin, WI
    Posts
    10,664

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BrianW View Post
    Let's look at the sequence of events as presented so far:
    Org issues invitation(s) to Gov.
    Gov. says no, he's too busy.
    Org then issues public "complaint" to attempt to pressure Gov. into attending event
    Then when informed of "complaint", Gov gets angry & responds with "offensive" remark.

    Why couldn't the NAACP just have let the initial refusal stand? What part of "No" didn't they understand, the "N" or the "o"?
    "the message we’re getting is that we’re not welcome"
    It isn't like the NAACP was excluded from an official state function. Do you think ADM or Exxon, to use your examples, would issue public statements complaining that Maine's chief executive wouldn't attend one of their events?

    But because of their agenda, the Assoc. felt they had to "call out" LePage, the newly elected governor and try to get him on the defensive early in his administration. Because in the public court of "racism", it's been well demonstrated that you're guilty until proven innocent.
    I'd get upset too and probably wouldn't have responded that politely.
    OOOOH....OOOOH..... I know, I know (hand waving wildly in the back of the class..........

    Because the race pimps have always had success using this form of extortion in the past!!!



    RK
    Stan b & Elvis

  8. #18
    Senior Member dnf777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Western Pa
    Posts
    6,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by luvmylabs23139 View Post
    I thought you gave up silly sniping. Yeah I tend not to proofread internet postings and I never run spell check. But if you didn't know the word I meant to type you have a problem.
    I will be the first to admit that my spelling tends to suck. I fit the stereotype of numbers people are lousy spellers. Big deal, when it is important, such as in business I proofread and can find my errors without using spellcheck.
    Weird thing is that I will notice the one typo that gets thru a 1000 page book.
    I never paid much attention or ever bothered to study for English classes. I had no reason to. I pulled staight A's with not effort and had no interest in the subject.
    On a totally different note :
    Bad lighting, Abner pretending to be choc, or do you have another lab we have never met? Very cute pic in your aviator!

    You gotta admit...that couldn't hit the inside of an outhouse with a roll of toilet paper! Don't worry, you'll have plenty of chances to get back at me!

    That's our old boy, Bailey. We lost him to old age two years ago at this time, so I put his memory up for a while.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

  9. #19
    Senior Member dnf777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Western Pa
    Posts
    6,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    OOOOH....OOOOH..... I know, I know (hand waving wildly in the back of the class..........

    Because the race pimps have always had success using this form of extortion in the past!!!



    RK
    Right on, Horshak! (I assume that was the reference)
    And until he topped their stupidity with his own, THEY had the egg on their face.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

  10. #20
    Senior Member luvmylabs23139's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    3,771

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post
    If you had straight "A's" in english perhaps you can explain what you meant in underlined sentence.

    Another typo and you darn well know that. I just stated that I do not proofread on forums for typos.
    By the way, I'm sure I'm not the only person on this forum who considered the majority of high school English classes and required college English classes a total waste of time.
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •