The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Maine Gov tells NAACP "kiss my butt"

Quote Originally Posted by Blackstone View Post
    It doesn’t appear LePage caved on attending either of the NAACP events, but he has definitely toned down his rhetoric. Although if he sees the NAACP as merely a special interest group, I’m not sure he should be there anyway.
    At this point in history, what is it if not a special interest group??

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post

RK
    I agree completely Stan!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Nor_Cal_Angler View Post
    Roger,

Link please...

and to the rest of you that are saying he caved..spineless...

NO WHERE DO I read in Rogers snipit...anything about him attending a NAACP event...

it says he went to an event he has attended for years as mayor...it says it is on MLK day...but says NOTHING about it being an event sponsored, run, held at anything regarding the NAACP.

Roger if you would please....

It was a nice try and you did get a few people worked up..but I dont see anywhere where it refrences a NAACP Breakfeast.

NCA

PS...and in his initial statement.."kiss my butt" statement I do not recall him dismissing all events on MLK...only the invitation from the NAACP to attend their event.

To me...he has kept his word...stood by it...and told the "special intrestet" group to "kiss my butt" again Good for him!!!
    Here is your link-----------
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/41119888/ns/us_news/
    Last edited by Roger Perry; 01-17-2011 at 02:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by luvmylabs23139 View Post
    So what if it were the KKK?
    Aren't they also his constuants if they live in his state?
    Yes I picked them for a reason. I think the NAACP is just as racist as they are.
    You have made that accusation several times in past posts. On a couple of occasions I challenged you to post racist acts and/or comments made by the NAACP. To date, you have not. Is it because you do not choose to, or because you cannot? So, I ask again to post something that lends credence to your accusation.

As far as comparing them to the KKK, that is absolutely ludicrous. Please show where the NAACP has advocated violence against any other ethnic group, murdered or lynched anyone, bombed churches, homes and businesses, or even marched against the rights of anyone. All of these are trademarks of the KKK. Either you truly don’t know the history of either group, or for some reason, you seek to trivialize the actions of the Klan, while exaggerating the actions of the NAACP.
    Luvmylabs,

I would still like to know the rationale for your accusation that the NAACP is racist, especially since you have made this accusation on more than one occasion. I would also like to see your support for the comparison you made of the NAACP to the KKK. Do you have any examples of the NAACP advocating or committing the type of violent acts the KKK has? Do you have examples of the NAACP engaging in the type of hate filled rhetoric the KKK is known for?

If you have decided against trying to respond, I understand completely.

Luvmylabs,

I would still like to know the rationale for your accusation that the NAACP is racist, especially since you have made this accusation on more than one occasion. I would also like to see your support for the comparison you made of the NAACP to the KKK. Do you have any examples of the NAACP advocating or committing the type of violent acts the KKK has? Do you have examples of the NAACP engaging in the type of hate filled rhetoric the KKK is known for?

If you have decided against trying to respond, I understand completely.
    Just listen to half the garbage that comes out of their mouths. It is rather obvious.
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

Quote Originally Posted by luvmylabs23139 View Post
    Just listen to half the garbage that comes out of their mouths. It is rather obvious.
    If its so obvious, why don't you quote a few lines, or give some examples of the NAACP bombing churches or lynching opponents?

I'm not here to defend the NAACP, but your comparisons trivialize the travesties carried out by the KKK. Also, when have members of the NAACP hid behind costumes, afraid to reveal their identity?
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post

RK
    Why have you chosen to look at them “at this point in history. . . ?” Their history spans 100 years. During that time, they have fought against racism, segregation, Jim Crow laws, lynchings, and unfair education, housing & employment practices. Much of the improvement in those areas is directly related to their efforts. I feel that makes them more than just a special interest group. Further, if you read their mission statement, you will see it includes ALL people. Most special interest groups don’t include ALL people.

Look I never said I aproved or agreed with the KKK. I merely said that the NAACP is a special interest group and so is the KKK.
    Now I do think that the NAACP does more to hurt race relations than helps them.
    Around here the NAACP always tries to turn as issue that has nothing to do with race into a race issue.
    Just look at all the crying and whining about snow makeup days.
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

Why have you chosen to look at them “at this point in history. . . ?” Their history spans 100 years. During that time, they have fought against racism, segregation, Jim Crow laws, lynchings, and unfair education, housing & employment practices. Much of the improvement in those areas is directly related to their efforts. I feel that makes them more than just a special interest group. Further, if you read their mission statement, you will see it includes ALL people. Most special interest groups don’t include ALL people.
    As long as ALL of those people are Liberal...
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    If its so obvious, why don't you quote a few lines, or give some examples of the NAACP bombing churches or lynching opponents?

I'm not here to defend the NAACP, but your comparisons trivialize the travesties carried out by the KKK. Also, when have members of the NAACP hid behind costumes, afraid to reveal their identity?
    If you follow luvmylabs MO it is to say something ridiculous and unsupported by facts. When asked to verify or back it up he just says something to the effect of that's just the way it is.

Original thought seems to be lacking in his makeup-He did get A's in English though