The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Maine Gov tells NAACP "kiss my butt"

Quote Originally Posted by Blackstone View Post
    Why have you chosen to look at them “at this point in history. . . ?” Their history spans 100 years. During that time, they have fought against racism, segregation, Jim Crow laws, lynchings, and unfair education, housing & employment practices. Much of the improvement in those areas is directly related to their efforts. I feel that makes them more than just a special interest group. Further, if you read their mission statement, you will see it includes ALL people. Most special interest groups don’t include ALL people.

Because it is NOW, not then.

Much like unions, they have outlived their usefulness.
    Neither are what they were intended to be, nor what they were.

Neither am I for that matter.

stan b
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by luvmylabs23139 View Post
    Just listen to half the garbage that comes out of their mouths. It is rather obvious.
    Not to me. I have never heard of them make any racist statements. I have never heard them advocate violence. If you have, give some examples. I have never heard of them committing any violent acts against any other ethnic group like the KKK has. If you have, please give some examples.

Why all the crap about snow days? Why are their local leaders always in the local news being arrested?
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

Why do they defend voter intimidation by the new black panthers?
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Because it is NOW, not then.

Much like unions, they have outlived their usefulness.
    Neither are what they were intended to be, nor what they were.

Neither am I for that matter.

stan b
    I guess I would have to disagree with you on both counts. They may not have as many battles to fight as they once did, but there are still issues to be resolved. Racism and discrimination have not been eliminated to the point where they are no longer issues.

The same goes for unions. Some of the things I have seen done over the years where I work never would have occurred had there been a strong union. And, my company is not unique. There are quite a few companies and government entities that operate the same way.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackstone View Post
    I guess I would have to disagree with you on both counts. They may not have as many battles to fight as they once did, but there are still issues to be resolved. Racism and discrimination have not been eliminated to the point where they are no longer issues.

The same goes for unions. Some of the things I have seen done over the years where I work never would have occurred had there been a strong union. And, my company is not unique. There are quite a few companies and government entities that operate the same way.
    I have no disagreement with either of your statements.

I do question the focus of both groups as they have become lobbyists and primarily income generators for lot's of their officers.

Much like the NRA.

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Why do they defend voter intimidation by the new black panthers?
    I must have missed that. Please post where the NAACP defended the actions of the New Black Panther Party.

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    I have no disagreement with either of your statements.

I do question the focus of both groups as they have become lobbyists and primarily income generators for lot's of their officers.

Much like the NRA.
    I think the focus has changed for the NAACP. They are starting to focus more on education and urban environmental issues. I have no idea how much their officers get paid, so I can’t speak on that.

Unions have long made sure their officers are taken care of. I guess that’s what happen whenever people and money come together. However, whenever you need either organization, you really need them.

Why do you feel the NRA has lost their focus (if that was your meaning)?

Why all the crap about snow days? Why are their local leaders always in the local news being arrested?
    That's your example of racist comments???

If that's so, there's lots of racists around here that belly-ached when they wanted to take away the opening day of buck season to make up for a snow day!

You know what? If you feel like you mis-spoke in comparing the NAACP to the KKK, its alright. Just do like most of us have done at one time or another, and admit you were wrong. Otherwise, please site some readily available examples....
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    That's your example of racist comments???

If that's so, there's lots of racists around here that belly-ached when they wanted to take away the opening day of buck season to make up for a snow day!

You know what? If you feel like you mis-spoke in comparing the NAACP to the KKK, its alright. Just do like most of us have done at one time or another, and admit you were wrong. Otherwise, please site some readily available examples....
    Righties admit they are wrong?