The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Maine Gov tells NAACP "kiss my butt"

Quote Originally Posted by Blackstone View Post
    I must have missed that. Please post where the NAACP defended the actions of the New Black Panther Party.
    The NBPP controversy is about nothing more than staging an effective piece of political theater that hurts the Obama administration. Things really began to get blown out of proportion just after the NAACP's 101st annual convention in St. Louis when they condemned the tea party's "tolerance for bigotry."
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

I stated imo both groups are racist based on their (note Roger no typo) actions.
    Those actions do not have to invlove violence.
    There are also groups that use or used viloence to promote their causes but they are not necessarly racist such as the Weather Underground.
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

Quote Originally Posted by Blackstone View Post
    I think the focus has changed for the NAACP. They are starting to focus more on education and urban environmental issues. I have no idea how much their officers get paid, so I can’t speak on that.

Unions have long made sure their officers are taken care of. I guess that’s what happen whenever people and money come together. However, whenever you need either organization, you really need them.

Why do you feel the NRA has lost their focus (if that was your meaning)?
    They are a powerful lobby group that is more interested in new buildings, huge dues paying membership and large amounts of cash.
    A really good analogy.

Just my opinion......

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by luvmylabs23139 View Post
    I stated imo both groups are racist based on their (note Roger no typo) actions.
    There are also groups that use or used viloence to promote their causes but they are not necessarly racist such as the Weather Underground.
    Noted

NAACP advocating racism and violence

http://washingtonexaminer.com/blogs/...-gladney-caugh

[quote=dnf777;734447]That's your example of racist comments???

If that's so, there's lots of racists around here that belly-ached when they wanted to take away the opening day of buck season to make up for a snow day!

quote]

Ok, Here's just a sample of the snow nonsense from the NAACP around here.
    Of course this fool fails to mention that presidents day is being used as a snow day this year. Last year the kids made up a snow day on Memorial day!
    Can you imagine bring kids back to school for the 4th of July?

NAACP protests holiday school opening

By Jim Morrill
    jmorrill@charlotteobserver.com
    Posted: Monday, Jan. 17, 2011
    div#nav {width:310px }

Local NAACP President Kojo Nantambu led around 100 people on a march through uptown this morning, protesting the decision to keep schools open on the Martin Luther King holiday.
    And Namtambu, pledging to "expose Charlotte for the racist bastion it is," announced a petition drive to keep the CIAA, NCAA, PGA "and any other 'A'" from coming to Charlotte.
    Protesters were angry over the decision by Charlotte-Mecklenburg schools to use Monday as a make-up day for time missed last week because of snow.
    "This is a national holiday," Nantambu said outside the government center. "They never would use the 4th of July or Easter or Christmas as an alternative (school) day."
    School officials have said that two years ago a committee composed of parents, CMS staff and others proposed use of the King holiday as a weather makeup day and the board approved the recommendation unanimously.
    Nantambu said his group asked CMS months ago not to use the King holiday.
    Today he led the group from the government center to the Levine Museum of the New South, which is featuring an exhibit on the Carolina roots of the 1954 U.S. Supreme Court decision that led to the desegregation of public schools. From there the group was going to the Harvey B. Gantt Center for African American Arts + Culture.
    The mainly African American marchers included many parents and students. One was Colby Johnson, a 10th grader from Rocky River High School.
    "I wanted to do more than read about the dream," he said, alluding to King's vision of civil rights. "I wanted to live it."

Read more: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/201...#ixzz1BLtWTdms
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

Quote Originally Posted by Cody Covey View Post
    NAACP advocating racism and violence

http://washingtonexaminer.com/blogs/...-gladney-caugh
    I didn’t see anything in the article where the NAACP advocated racism or violence.

The press conference was hosted by Rev. Elston McCowan and Perry Molens, the 2 people accused of attacking Kenneth Gladney. The St. Louis Chap. of the NAACP helped organize the press conference and rally. They spoke at the rally in support of McCowan & Molens because they claimed Kenneth Gladney lied about, and distorted, the events surrounding the alleged assault. In fact, they claim McCowan was the one actually assaulted by Gladney.

Nowhere could I find who invited the speakers that spoke at the rally, but I would have to think it was the hosts. The person that made the inflammatory comments, Zaki Baruti, is President/General of The Universal African Peoples Organization, but not a part of the NAACP. He was standing behind the podium with the NAACP sign on it when he spoke, but I’m sure they didn’t change the signage before every speaker that spoke.

Bill O’Reilly interviewed Baruti about his comments. If the NAACP had made those comments, I would think Bill O'Reilly would have interviewed a spokesperson from the NAACP? About the only thing you can say is the NAACP did not come out afterwards and repudiate Baruti’s comments, since they were at the same rally.

Quote Originally Posted by luvmylabs23139 View Post
    You stated the NAACP was just as racist as the KKK. The KKK’s racist actions include violence. So, if the NAACP’s actions don’t include violence, they can’t be as racist as the KKK, can they?

However, I’m still waiting for you to produce proof of the racist actions by the NAACP. Just saying it is your opinion that they are racist doesn’t make it true. If you are going to make such a serious and condemning accusation, you should have something to back it up. Don't you think that's fair?

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    Commanded by Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain, one of the most underrated, yet greatest American Military Heroes!

Every time we're at Gettysburg, we make a somemn trek up the side of Little Round Top to the 20th Maine monument to pay respects.

Fix Bayonets! regards....

Nothing underrated about Joshua Chamberlain. Who is underrating him?
    Grant thought enough about him to give him the honor of having Lee’s army surrender to him.
    He is well recognized…and deservedly so.
    Several years back I read John Pullen's book about him (20th Maine). A he!! of a good read.
    subroc

Article [I.]
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    Article [II.]
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by subroc View Post
    Nothing underrated about Joshua Chamberlain. Who is underrating him?
    Grant thought enough about him to give him the honor of having Lee’s army surrender to him.
    He is well recognized…and deservedly so.
    Several years back I read John Pullen's book about him (20th Maine). A he!! of a good read.
    For those that know him and his accomplishments, he is not underrated. I just don't think he has the wide-known fame as many of our other military leaders. Truly an amazing individual. Not a bad military man for a rhetoric professor!
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!