The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 52

Thread: Note to Ducknwork

  1. #21
    Senior Member dnf777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Western Pa
    Posts
    6,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    This can be inconvenient. The closest CC to me is in another county That particular CC has an exceptional program for culinary arts.
    Just heard news that our Le Cordon Bleu school is closing after next graduation. That really sucks! It brought jobs, youth, and a continuous crop of fresh young chefs to our area...and a flood of up-start restaurants with EXCELLENT fair and good prices.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

  2. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    3,127

    Default

    Good Luck Duck
    I certainly have no problem with govt spending for TEACHING.
    Overall education [administration] is bloated as hell

    The Dept of Education ought to be eliminated IMHO

  3. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    3,127

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    with EXCELLENT fair and good prices
    .
    Did you take English with Luvvy and get A's?

    Grading on the curve regards

  4. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Pac NW
    Posts
    4,231

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    Just heard news that our Le Cordon Bleu school is closing after next graduation. That really sucks! It brought jobs, youth, and a continuous crop of fresh young chefs to our area...and a flood of up-start restaurants with EXCELLENT fair and good prices.
    & the clown has spoken - isn't that what you get at a FAIR?

    Quote Originally Posted by mjh345 View Post
    Good Luck Duck
    I certainly have no problem with govt spending for TEACHING.
    Overall education [administration] is bloated as hell

    The Dept of Education ought to be eliminated IMHO
    The press is getting on their case & well they may have to with the large number of high profile people who are criticizing the results of the present method of government education. & placing their own money behind their criticism .

    As for the DoE, how many people have said it serves no useful purpose, said they wanted to get rid of it, but fail to follow through (should I have used threw) .

    Quote Originally Posted by mjh345 View Post
    Did you take English with Luvvy and get A's?

    Grading on the curve regards
    Grading on the curve is fine as long as the questions are hard enough that no one gets 100% correct.

    In this environment the questions are only hard for some .
    __________________________

    Marvin S

    Everyone's friend is No One's friend

    Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

  5. #25
    Senior Member dnf777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Western Pa
    Posts
    6,161

    Default

    [QUOTE=Marvin S;735954
    Grading on the curve is fine as long as the questions are hard enough that no one gets 100% correct.

    .[/QUOTE]

    The mediocre has spoken!

    Only someone who never scored 100% would say something like that!

    What's that sig line? Obsession is what the lazy call the dedicated?
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

  6. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Pac NW
    Posts
    4,231

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    The mediocre has spoken!

    Only someone who never scored 100% would say something like that!

    What's that sig line? Obsession is what the lazy call the dedicated?
    From someone in a profession that urns their mistakes . I could continue these postings but I would prefer to do same with someone with the intellecual capacity to understand.

    Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    In this environment the questions are only hard for some .
    Please provide something in your numerous daily postings that fails to resemble the comment you left out.
    __________________________

    Marvin S

    Everyone's friend is No One's friend

    Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

  7. #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Eastern NC
    Posts
    2,755

    Default

    Oddly enough, that job hunt is going to get started a tad sooner than I thought. We had a meeting today and they announced that the plant will be closing down in April.

    I guess I'll be dipping into my emergency fund and getting me some of that Obama money while I'm at it!

    They told us that they cannot make the product profitable enough to remain open. The Korean companies (LG, Samsung, Kenmore) own 70% of the US market, leaving 30% for the rest of us, including the big guys, like Maytag and Whirlpool. They aren't shipping our jobs overseas, just getting out of the market because we can't compete with cheap overseas labor. Something just doesn't seem right about that...

  8. #28
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Pac NW
    Posts
    4,231

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ducknwork View Post
    Oddly enough, that job hunt is going to get started a tad sooner than I thought. We had a meeting today and they announced that the plant will be closing down in April.

    I guess I'll be dipping into my emergency fund and getting me some of that Obama money while I'm at it!

    They told us that they cannot make the product profitable enough to remain open. The Korean companies (LG, Samsung, Kenmore) own 70% of the US market, leaving 30% for the rest of us, including the big guys, like Maytag and Whirlpool. They aren't shipping our jobs overseas, just getting out of the market because we can't compete with cheap overseas labor. Something just doesn't seem right about that...
    What a bummer!!!!!! Guess you will not be reading the investment page, though I did when I didn't have any money. Good luck in your job search & remember, you paid for your state's UE benefits. But not for the Federal extensions. Some on this forum can't separate the two!!!!!!!!!!!

    After WWII the US rebuilt all their enemies factories & for years we had our aZZ handed to us. They paid high wages so most of the advantage was in the modernization & logistics. Unfortunately, when bean counters run the show sensible management decisions go by the wayside, 8 figure bonuses regards.
    __________________________

    Marvin S

    Everyone's friend is No One's friend

    Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

  9. #29
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    N.E. Oklahoma
    Posts
    2,104

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ducknwork View Post
    Oddly enough, that job hunt is going to get started a tad sooner than I thought. We had a meeting today and they announced that the plant will be closing down in April.

    I guess I'll be dipping into my emergency fund and getting me some of that Obama money while I'm at it!

    They told us that they cannot make the product profitable enough to remain open. The Korean companies (LG, Samsung, Kenmore) own 70% of the US market, leaving 30% for the rest of us, including the big guys, like Maytag and Whirlpool. They aren't shipping our jobs overseas, just getting out of the market because we can't compete with cheap overseas labor. Something just doesn't seem right about that...
    Ducknwork, I will be praying for a speedy job offer for you. God Bless.

  10. #30
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Eastern NC
    Posts
    2,755

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by charly_t View Post
    Ducknwork, I will be praying for a speedy job offer for you. God Bless.
    Thank you very much for the prayers.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •