The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Addicted to texting?

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    its very easy to put out the same message to many users and only have to do it once...for me its the best way to communicate at a FT or in training, and especially if my brother is with a patient, allows him to call back at HIS convienence
    I never carry my phone with me in the field while I'm training. Someone is bound to call at just the wrong time.

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    its very easy to put out the same message to many users and only have to do it once...for me its the best way to communicate at a FT or in training, and especially if my brother is with a patient, allows him to call back at HIS convienence
    I think THAT's the key. Its almost poor etiquette to bother someone with a call, unless its urgent. Text, and give then the option to call at their convenience is now the social norm. (or so my nieces tell me)
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

I hate texting, facebook and all the technological communication crap these days. In ten years, people won't remember how to have a face to face conversation.

I'm going kicking and screaming.

Quote Originally Posted by ducknwork View Post
    I hate texting, facebook and all the technological communication crap these days. In ten years, people won't remember how to have a face to face conversation.

For some reason "social media" is all the rage.
    Even in my vertical (printing, direct mail & marketing) it is being crammed down our throats.
    I don't see any way to make $$$ off of it, so........

I am old school, sales are made belly to belly, but the new people coming in are uncomfortable and awkward face to face.

Thankfully, I won't be around much longer and am good enough to have a few good clients I am not looking too hard for new one.

Unless of course any of you need.......never mind.

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Blackstone View Post
    I never carry my phone with me in the field while I'm training. Someone is bound to call at just the wrong time.

Same Here!!!!!!
    And I hate the folk in the field with a phone in pocket!!!!!
    YET, the youngin' tosin' birds for ya neeeeeeeds it or will die, it seems
    and they play games, tunes, video you runnin' the dog!!! and that is a good thing. and it keeps um happy. I used to bring a book

"So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Quote Originally Posted by subroc View Post
    and there was debate and resistance in some states on whether it should be illegal to text and DRIVE!
    More than anything the debate in states that allow cell phone use but ban texting boils down to proving that a person is actually texting.
    There is no way for a cop to know and prove they knew a person was texting vs talking on a cell phone prior to pulling them over. That blows away cause for the stop.
    More states need to just ban all cell phone use for the driver.
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

Quote Originally Posted by ducknwork View Post

Duck,
    Are you sure you are the younger generation?

I have no idea how to use the new phone hubby got me, nor do I care to learn and I've had a cell phone since the days of large bag phones.
    AAA and a cell for 911 is as far as I care to deal with them.
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

Quote Originally Posted by luvmylabs23139 View Post
    Duck,
    Are you sure you are the younger generation?
    Nope, just faking it. Got yall fooled, huh?

Coworker comes in on friday says hey did you get my text. I say no what text. He says the one i sent you wenesday night. I say well what was it suppose to say. He says i wanted you to tell the boss i wasent feeling good. I say well keep texting me then because i dont look at them any way. He says well should i just text the boss myself next time. I say DUH.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Bora View Post
    Same Here!!!!!!
    And I hate the folk in the field with a phone in pocket!!!!!
    YET, the youngin' tosin' birds for ya neeeeeeeds it or will die, it seems
    and they play games, tunes, video you runnin' the dog!!! and that is a good thing. and it keeps um happy. I used to bring a book

You obviously haven't seen the tritronics collar/remote release/whistle app for iphone have you?
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!